NYT clears Romney: No Evidence Romney lied

Whether the Romney camp released anything is NOT critical to the NYT agreeing that there is no evidence of any wrong doing...

You fail again...

Back to stalking Limbaugh...
You and newsmax PROVED it IS critical by dishonestly leaving it out! Willard calculated it is better to refuse to answer the question rather than deny he attended the board meetings and have them leak out and nail him in yet another lie. Remember there is already testimony in his eligibility hearing that he was at MOST of the board meetings for the 3 years he was involved with the Olympics, so if he denies it now then he was lying then.

The NYT found no wrong doing...

You can deny that, but we'll just keep laughing at you....:lol:
Cons do love the NYT.

You and newsmax PROVED it IS critical by dishonestly leaving it out! Willard calculated it is better to refuse to answer the question rather than deny he attended the board meetings and have them leak out and nail him in yet another lie. Remember there is already testimony in his eligibility hearing that he was at MOST of the board meetings for the 3 years he was involved with the Olympics, so if he denies it now then he was lying then.

Cons do love the NYT.

So you say they are lying?

Well then...

That's interesting logic. It's just, if there's no problem then shouldn't there be no problem releasing the documents?:eusa_eh:

He released them - they're on a stack of papers labeled "0bama College Transcripts"....

Look again...

But i'm not talking about "0bama College Transcripts" I'm talking about Romney's tax returns, I really don't see how people get the two mixed....

I told you where to find them... Keep looking...

You mean his retirement package? The package he specifically recieved because he was no longer working there?

Why on earth would he do that?
Considering he is the co-founder, and now that "package" you speak of is STILL paying him millions of dollars a year... I mean... Eh... He's more like a silent partner in the business, than separate from the business. To this day the better Bain does, the more money he makes if I understand everything correctly.

If I am incorrect in this feel free to educate me.

There's something wrong with that?
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that... So long as Mitt accepts that he invested, and still receives, money from a company that outsourced or removed jobs.

If you don't think that's important that's cool with me. I don't care myself. But that's the truth of the thing isn't it?

I absolutely believe that one should stand up and vote and/or support whatever one believes in. I believe in the majority should dictate the rest given the type of government we have. Even when I think the majority is fucked up, and be assured I'll happily tell you anything I feel is fucked up regardless of popularity.

But I want it to be on real honest to god, we both have the same color sky world where those votes happen. I want it to where we all have the same information, and it's not being dragged down by intelligent people acting retarded to sway the voting stupid.

I repeat:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that... So long as Mitt accepts that he invested, and still receives, money from a company that outsourced or removed jobs.

If you don't think that's important that's cool with me. I don't care myself. But that's the truth of the thing isn't it?

Last edited:
NYTimes: "Indeed, no evidence has yet emerged that Mr. Romney exercised his powers at Bain after February 1999 or directed the funds’ investments after he left..."

Actually, that's a false statement. SEC documents and articles of incorporation do exist. Plus the fact that Romney swore to elections officials in MA that he regularly traveled back to Boston for business.

Cons do love the NYT.

You don't have to love it to use a source your audience does.

It's called persuasive writing.

NYTimes: "Indeed, no evidence has yet emerged that Mr. Romney exercised his powers at Bain after February 1999 or directed the funds’ investments after he left..."

Actually, that's a false statement. SEC documents and articles of incorporation do exist. Plus the fact that Romney swore to elections officials in MA that he regularly traveled back to Boston for business.

Obama's a liar

Yes, you have so much credibility...

Not like the Slimes has much more than you, but they have a building and everything, so....

yes, he was the CEO, the President, the sole shareholder....but he had no decision making authority and no role in the business.

In related news, pigs have wings and regularly fly. And I'm sure his tax returns have nothing to show, nothing at all. By the way, why is he so ashamed of what the company did in his name?

Is it too late to switch back to Santorum or Gingrich?

yes, he was the CEO, the President, the sole shareholder....but he had no decision making authority and no role in the business.

In related news, pigs have wings and regularly fly. And I'm sure his tax returns have nothing to show, nothing at all.

You'd like that wouldn't you? Romney has you scared:)

In related news, pigs have wings and regularly fly. And I'm sure his tax returns have nothing to show, nothing at all.

Yes, I'm very afraid of a guy who claims to be a professional level politico but has spent the past week defending whether he left a company he owned in 1999 or 2003, the same guy who freely admits he used tax shelters but won't release more returns based on "principle".

Walter Mondale, meet your Republican doppeldanger.

SO, the NY Times... lied, to help Romney?

Really? You want to go that way, Sparky?

In related news, pigs have wings and regularly fly. And I'm sure his tax returns have nothing to show, nothing at all. By the way, why is he so ashamed of what the company did in his name?

Who says he's ashamed?

Yes, I'm very afraid of a guy who claims to be a professional level politico but has spent the past week defending whether he left a company he owned in 1999 or 2003, the same guy who freely admits he used tax shelters but won't release more returns based on "principle".

Walter Mondale, meet your Republican doppeldanger.
Actually, he's spent a week campaigning...

He spent about 5 minutes on your bullshit accusations....

Come on... So what's your next fauxtrage?

Grab your diapers libs! Run for your Immodium Ad! The New York Times has publically announced that Mitt Romney is guilty of nothing! The Grey Lady has spoken.

NY Times: 'No Evidence' Romney Did Bain Business

Monday, 16 Jul 2012 11:55 AM
There is no evidence that Mitt Romney exercised his powers at private equity firm Bain Capital after 1999 or directed funds’ investments after leaving, The New York Times reported.

Although some documents place the Republican presidential hopeful in charge of Bain from 1999 to 2001, a period in which the company outsourced jobs and ran companies that fell into bankruptcy, it is not related to who was running Bain at the time, the Times reported.

Romney has tried to distance himself from this period in Bain's history, saying on financial disclosure forms he had no active role in Bain as of February 1999.

“It’s a disconnect between the ownership interest and managerial functions,” Harvey Pitt, who served as S.E.C. chairman under President George W. Bush, told the Times.

“When Bain takes positions in public companies, they’re required to show anyone who has an ownership interest that could be the effective equivalent of control. So Romney has to be shown on those filings.

"If they didn’t show them on those filings, they would have broken the law. But it has nothing to do with who’s actually running Bain Capital,” Pitt added.

Read more on Newsmax.com: NY Times: 'No Evidence' Romney Did Bain Business
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

Why would Romney need to be ‘cleared’ of anything – the issue is only his incoherent, inconsistent, and evasive ‘answers’ to legitimate questions concerning his financial dealings and his unfounded, unsubstantiated claims to being a ‘job creator’ and ‘savior of businesses.’

Obama lied. -- CNN

Obama lied -- WaPost

Obama's a liar -- NYTimes

Forum List

Back