NYT clears Romney: No Evidence Romney lied

He was a successful business man up to 1999 then he left to do something else. He allowed others to manage Bain until 2002, when he finally retired. I wish he would release everything and lay it out point blank for all to see! :eusa_boohoo:

He should be honest and expect the same from Obama. :eusa_angel:

so he was in control until the bad stuff happened? sounds like the Enron defense.

Yes it does. Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert have been hilariously tearing Romney apart tonight. They really had fun with the "retroactive retirement"...

lol i miss watching those guys.

NY Times: 'No Evidence' Romney Did Bain Business

Monday, 16 Jul 2012 11:55 AM

By Patrick Hobin

There is no evidence that Mitt Romney exercised his powers at private equity firm Bain Capital after 1999 or directed funds’ investments after leaving, The New York Times reported.

Although some documents place the Republican presidential hopeful in charge of Bain from 1999 to 2001, a period in which the company outsourced jobs and ran companies that fell into bankruptcy, it is not related to who was running Bain at the time, the Times reported.

Romney has tried to distance himself from this period in Bain's history, saying on financial disclosure forms he had no active role in Bain as of February 1999.

“It’s a disconnect between the ownership interest and managerial functions,” Harvey Pitt, who served as S.E.C. chairman under President George W. Bush, told the Times. “When Bain takes positions in public companies, they’re required to show anyone who has an ownership interest that could be the effective equivalent of control. So Romney has to be shown on those filings.

Read more on Newsmax.com: NY Times: 'No Evidence' Romney Did Bain Business
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

NY Times: 'No Evidence' Romney Did Bain Business NY Times: 'No Evidence' Romney Did Bain Business

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/16/u...from-bain-its-complicated.html?pagewanted=all In Tracing Romney’s Role at Bain, a Convoluted Timeline

wow! Checked Google search engine: Most every single right winger with an internet connection is spinning a NYT story as evidence?

too funny :rofl:

They ALL use a Newsmax Headline as if it is a NYT Headline

:thewave:

right wing is now on record saying the NYT is the definitive voice? Oh, this is precious. :D

Last edited:
Obama's a liar and his campaign is lying thru their teeth. What else is new?

"Beyond human error on Romney, Bain

Pinocchio has nothing on Obama campaign :clap2:

Obama campaign's lies about Romney and Bain are beyond human error - chicagotribune.com

And from this article alone.

Dan Primack, a Fortune magazine senior editor, responded to the Globe "revelations" by finding other documents showing that while Romney didn't give up formal Bain titles until 2002, "actual investment and management decisions were being made by others." He concluded: "The contemporaneous Bain documents show that Romney was indeed telling the truth about no longer having operational input at Bain

AND

The (Minneapolis) Star Tribune fact checker wrote: "But the weight of evidence suggests that Romney did in fact end active management of Bain in 1999. He stated that in a federal disclosure form he signed, under threat of criminal penalties. He said he was a 'former employee' in a state disclosure form. A state commission concluded 10 years ago that he did, indeed, leave Bain in 1999. And investors were told he was not part of the management team."

The Columbia Journalism Review rapped the Obama campaign for an anti-Romney ad that "distorts the facts in a Washington Post story to implicate Mitt Romney in outsourcing by firms that received funds from Bain Capital."

The Des Moines Register'sJennifer Jacobs noted: "Independent fact checkers have debunked President Barack Obama's previous allegations that Mitt Romney was responsible for outsourcing jobs, but the Democrat will soon air his third TV ad in Iowa going after his Republican rival on the same claim."

Obama is finally being outted as "Deceiver in Chief".

All Romney has to do is release his income tax returns - along with all relevant Bain documentation for the years in question. Problem solved...

Except there is no problem. All there is is leftist butthurt.

That's interesting logic. It's just, if there's no problem then shouldn't there be no problem releasing the documents?:eusa_eh:
I have reason to believe that you lick yogurt off of hobos' feet.

You need to release all your documents that disprove the charge.

Dood. That's nasty. Cut that out.

All Romney has to do is release his income tax returns - along with all relevant Bain documentation for the years in question. Problem solved...

That's interesting logic. It's just, if there's no problem then shouldn't there be no problem releasing the documents?:eusa_eh:

Oh, and while we're at it, let's apply the same logic to Obama's college transcripts, mmmkay?

Or is that different? Somehow? It just is!

What's best for keeping our nation's number one is the question we should be seeking. Does it really matter if Romney was an owner of bain at the time? Every president since Nixon outsourced...Seriously, I would rather we keep our businesses in our country and work towards our own betterment, but anyone that can prove that Obama hasn't done the same can throw the first stone.

Let's talk about the economy and issues that are important.

What matters is Romney is a job killer, tax evader and supports communism with our jobs.

I think he should(must) come out with all his records as it is now a real issue, but you better believe that Obama should be held to the same standards.

Which Obama tax return do you want to see? I'm sure he'll release it.

But where it comes to outsourcing and how they both agree, I'm not disagreeing. I agree! that's what makes the Romney argument that much harder to swallow.

Mitt Romney handed 23 years of tax returns over to the McCain campaign when he was being vetted for VP.

Why is Mitt Romney willing to disclose more information to the people interviewing him for the vice president job than he is the people interviewing him for the job of POTUS?
Could that be the reason McCain didn't pick Romney for his VP? I'm betting it is.

Oh, and while we're at it, let's apply the same logic to Obama's college transcripts, mmmkay?

of course it's different. Why on Earth would the left want to hold itself to the same standards they set for the right? That's just crazy talk.

Grab your diapers libs! Run for your Immodium Ad! The New York Times has publically announced that Mitt Romney is guilty of nothing! The Grey Lady has spoken.

Newsmax headline?

:clap2:

New York Times Headline: In Tracing Romney’s Role at Bain, a Convoluted Timeline

:rofl:

I am unaware of the rule that requires a thread title to match a linked article title. Perhaps you could link to that rule, as I can't seem to locate it.

Also, where was your fauxrage when libtards start threads with titles that do not match their cited OP articles?

I think he should(must) come out with all his records as it is now a real issue, but you better believe that Obama should be held to the same standards.

But where it comes to outsourcing and how they both agree, I'm not disagreeing. I agree! that's what makes the Romney argument that much harder to swallow.

Yeah, they both suck. How about for starters the "fast and furious docs" then his college transcript. Is that fair?

Are you concerned that he may have received a "C-" in English comp or something? I think Romney's tax returns from two years ago are a bit more relevant than Obama's college transcript from 30 years ago.

What's best for keeping our nation's number one is the question we should be seeking. Does it really matter if Romney was an owner of bain at the time? Every president since Nixon outsourced...Seriously, I would rather we keep our businesses in our country and work towards our own betterment, but anyone that can prove that Obama hasn't done the same can throw the first stone.

Let's talk about the economy and issues that are important.

What matters is Romney is a job killer, tax evader and supports communism with our jobs.

Like Obama did with the Stimulus, and GM? That kind of support of communism, by providing jobs to China... OK, I got it now.

of course it's different. Why on Earth would the left want to hold itself to the same standards they set for the right? That's just crazy talk.

Same standard?

Has Mitt Romney released his college transcripts?

Barack Obama has released his tax returns dating back to 2000.

Yeah, they both suck. How about for starters the "fast and furious docs" then his college transcript. Is that fair?

Are you concerned that he may have received a "C-" in English comp or something? I think Romney's tax returns from two years ago are a bit more relevant than Obama's college transcript from 30 years ago.

Relevant because those returns provide more ammunition for the ongoing Liberal smear campaign, or relevant because you are going to find out something you already know... That Romney is far more successful than you and your cronies are.

Relevant because those returns provide more ammunition for the ongoing Liberal smear campaign, or relevant because you are going to find out something you already know... That Romney is far more successful than you and your cronies are.

Well we don't know what relevancy we're going to find, do we? But let's be clear here: The longer he hides the returns, the more he raises suspicion about what's in them. His own party is telling him to release them and he won't.

I wonder why. hmmm....

Grab your diapers libs! Run for your Immodium Ad! The New York Times has publically announced that Mitt Romney is guilty of nothing! The Grey Lady has spoken.

There is no evidence that Mitt Romney exercised his powers at private equity firm Bain Capital after 1999 or directed funds’ investments after leaving, The New York Times reported.

Although some documents place the Republican presidential hopeful in charge of Bain from 1999 to 2001, a period in which the company outsourced jobs and ran companies that fell into bankruptcy, it is not related to who was running Bain at the time, the Times reported.

Romney has tried to distance himself from this period in Bain's history, saying on financial disclosure forms he had no active role in Bain as of February 1999.

“It’s a disconnect between the ownership interest and managerial functions,” Harvey Pitt, who served as S.E.C. chairman under President George W. Bush, told the Times.

“When Bain takes positions in public companies, they’re required to show anyone who has an ownership interest that could be the effective equivalent of control. So Romney has to be shown on those filings.

"If they didn’t show them on those filings, they would have broken the law. But it has nothing to do with who’s actually running Bain Capital,” Pitt added.

That's got to be embarrassing for the Hussein administration, their own state controlled media is calling them liars.

Looks like they need to move on to the next lie.

Conservative Gets His Bain Diaper Changed By Dante: Spanked

Newsmax headline?

:clap2:

New York Times Headline: In Tracing Romney’s Role at Bain, a Convoluted Timeline

:rofl:

I am unaware of the rule that requires a thread title to match a linked article title. Perhaps you could link to that rule, as I can't seem to locate it.

Also, where was your fauxrage when libtards start threads with titles that do not match their cited OP articles?

Oh ,this is gonna be goooood. :badgrin:

Rule? Thread title? Did you see that almost every single wingnut is using a Newsmax Headline as their thread titles, or blog headlines, or column headlines?

Problem is Newsmax is using a headline (not a thread title :lol: ) that leads it's followers blindly down the path of imbecility:

Newsmax headline: NY Times: 'No Evidence' Romney Did Bain Business

:rofl: I bet you're so wright wing whacky world brainwashed, you don't see the problem there.

“It’s a disconnect between the ownership interest and managerial functions,” Harvey Pitt, who served as S.E.C. chairman under President George W. Bush, told the Times.

“When Bain takes positions in public companies, they’re required to show anyone who has an ownership interest that could be the effective equivalent of control. So Romney has to be shown on those filings.

"If they didn’t show them on those filings, they would have broken the law. But it has nothing to do with who’s actually running Bain Capital,” Pitt added.

That's got to be embarrassing for the Hussein administration, their own state controlled media is calling them liars.

Looks like they need to move on to the next lie.

tinydance you start by proving your just another brainwashed citizen of Kobold.

Of course because it's a fascist republican the SEC is making up lies lol.

Romney= tax evader, comunist supporter and proven job killer. :eusa_boohoo:

Forum List

Back