NYPD delivered ‘cease-fire’ warnings to 40 gang members ahead of J’Ouvert and West Indian Day Parade

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
NYPD officers in Brooklyn delivered “cease-fire” warnings to 40 gangbangers in the borough this week as part of the department’s effort to curb violence at the upcoming West Indian American Day parade and J’Ouvert festival.

Dozens of the notices were sent out in the leadup to Monday’s annual festivities in Crown Heights, which have historically been overshadowed by violence, police officials revealed Thursday.

Assistant Chief Charles McEvoy, the commanding officer of Patrol Borough Brooklyn South, “and his team have already done some mitigation factors with some gang members and cease-fire callings — letters sent out,” Chief of Patrol John Chell explained during a press conference.

According to Chell, at least 40 letters were sent out this week alone, just days before scores of revelers were set to swarm the borough to celebrate Caribbean heritage and culture.

The missives to the gang members were meant to offer a simple message: “Hey, be [on] your best behavior,” Chell said.

I swear, you can't make this shit up....Instead of "sternly worded letters" how about arresting them? Geez, so much for not treating with terrorists.

But wait! If that's all they had to do why not just issue a cease-fire over the whole city forever? Problem solved!

Maybe red flag them and arrest/disarm them to prevent future crimes they haven’t committed yet? No wait, that’s only for conservatives. My mistake. Carry on. ;)

Last edited:
This place has turned into such a 3rd-world shithole. The corrupt, stolen-election regime has to negotiate with the various tribes to keep them from slaughtering everybody.

texit.jpg

This place has turned into such a 3rd-world shithole. The corrupt, stolen-election regime has to negotiate with the various tribes to keep them from slaughtering everybody.

View attachment 823677

LOL.....If you told me in '74 that 12% (maybe) of the population would control the major US cities as they do now I would have called you crazy.

NYPD officers in Brooklyn delivered “cease-fire” warnings to 40 gangbangers in the borough this week as part of the department’s effort to curb violence at the upcoming West Indian American Day parade and J’Ouvert festival.

Dozens of the notices were sent out in the leadup to Monday’s annual festivities in Crown Heights, which have historically been overshadowed by violence, police officials revealed Thursday.

Assistant Chief Charles McEvoy, the commanding officer of Patrol Borough Brooklyn South, “and his team have already done some mitigation factors with some gang members and cease-fire callings — letters sent out,” Chief of Patrol John Chell explained during a press conference.

According to Chell, at least 40 letters were sent out this week alone, just days before scores of revelers were set to swarm the borough to celebrate Caribbean heritage and culture.

The missives to the gang members were meant to offer a simple message: “Hey, be [on] your best behavior,” Chell said.

I swear, you can't make this shit up....Instead of "sternly worded letters" how about arresting them? Geez, so much for not treating with terrorists.

But wait! If that's all they had to do why not just issue a cease-fire over the whole city forever? Problem solved!

Maybe red flag them and arrest/disarm them to prevent future crimes they haven’t committed yet? No wait, that’s only for conservatives. My mistake. Carry on. ;)
Does that kind of thing do any good?

I like El Salvador's solution.

NY needs to bring back Stop And Frisk

Forum List

Back