NYPD Beat A Hispanic Man for Doing Nothing

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Yet another case of police brutality in New York City. Really makes you wonder when New Yorkers are going to do something about this.

Meet Santiago Hernandez, 23. He lives in the Bronx. On a Monday evening last month, he was standing in front of an apartment building at around 6 p.m. when two NYPD police officers appeared and demanded permission to frisk him. He complied. They found no contraband. Yet he soon found himself handcuffed and then pushed to the ground, where he was pummeled by six police officers. "They were taking turns like a gang," he told a local ABC affiliate, which obtained video:

The Perils of Standing While Hispanic in the Bronx - The Atlantic

They beat him for doing nothing.

See, he should have gotten off his lazy ass and did something, pick up litter, help old ladies cross the street, anything, and he wouldn't have gotten beat up.

This will teach him a valuable lesson.

Yet another case of police brutality in New York City. Really makes you wonder when New Yorkers are going to do something about this.

Meet Santiago Hernandez, 23. He lives in the Bronx. On a Monday evening last month, he was standing in front of an apartment building at around 6 p.m. when two NYPD police officers appeared and demanded permission to frisk him. He complied. They found no contraband. Yet he soon found himself handcuffed and then pushed to the ground, where he was pummeled by six police officers. "They were taking turns like a gang," he told a local ABC affiliate, which obtained video:

The Atlantic?? Hahahaha

There are two sides to this story, no? Libertarians have a lot in common with liberals. As a New Yorker that supports the police, I say fuck you, dirtbag!

The Atlantic?? Hahahaha

There are two sides to this story, no? Libertarians have a lot in common with liberals. As a New Yorker that supports the police, I say fuck you, dirtbag!

The NYPD's list of abuses is endless.

NYC long known for its warm hospitality

S'what they say, yeah, that.

But when I went to see relief pitcher John Rocker and the Atlanta Braves play the Mets at Shea in July 2000 for the Braves' first visit there since the 1999 NLCS, there were 500 guys in blue at the stadium — and they were all friendly to me. They didn't even poke fun at my Southern drawl at all.

'Course, I wasn't sportin' a Braves jersey, though: a proud Mets fan, I am.

Maybe that had sumin to do with the warm reception I got.

At any rate, I think about those gentlemen I met on my week-long summer visit to NYC a lot:

I have no doubt that some of them I met likely lost their lives on 9-11.

I pray for the families they left behind. :thup:

The Atlantic?? Hahahaha

Let me tell you the real deal, because I live in New York and have family that have been police officers and have family that are currently police officers.

Is there such thing as police brutality? Yes and it does occur with frequency. However the people that catch ass beatings are all perpetual criminals partaking in criminal behavior. The nature of police work is very brutal. The cops have to deal with these criminals on a daily basis. Believe me cops are not looking to antagonize. If you don't commit crime you will never have issues with a cop.

Do cops run around shooting people unjustifiably, like you liberals and libertarians want us to believe? Absolutely not. The idea is preposterous.

Cops in New York have made New York a safe place to live. You can deny that all you want, but it still won't change reality. Unwarranted cynicism from people like you make their jobs much harder.

rocko said:
The Atlantic?? Hahahaha

dont taz me bro said:

rocko said:
Let me tell you the real deal, because I live in New York and have family that have been police officers and have family that are currently police officers.

Is there such thing as police brutality? Yes and it does occur with frequency. However the people that catch ass beatings are all perpetual criminals partaking in criminal behavior. The nature of police work is very brutal. The cops have to deal with these criminals on a daily basis. Believe me cops are not looking to antagonize. If you don't commit crime you will never have issues with a cop.

Do cops run around shooting people unjustifiably, like you liberals and libertarians want us to believe? Absolutely not. The idea is preposterous.

Cops in New York have made New York a safe place to live. You can deny that all you want, but it still won't change reality. Unwarranted cynicism from people like you make their jobs much harder.

Even so, part of being a cop is realizing the importance of the First Amendment, yes? :thup:

rocko said:
The Atlantic?? Hahahaha

dont taz me bro said:

rocko said:

Even so, part of being a cop is realizing the importance of the First Amendment, yes? :thup:

Sure, yeah.

The Atlantic?? Hahahaha

As if I needed you to tell me that. :lol:

"The Atlantic"? Is that old pompous literary rag still around? Apparently it has taken a new incarnation after 150 years of boring us to death. As always a day late and a dollar short the (new) Atlantic has become the voice of the vulgar low information left wing and still manages to bore us to death.. The founders must be rolling in their graves.

this is why I turn the channel when cops get shot

rocko said:
The Atlantic?? Hahahaha

dont taz me bro said:

rocko said:

Fine I did a direct quote. Illegal immigrants aren't covered by the constitution. You happy now?

Forum List

Back