NYC $15 minimum wage hurting restaurants

Bear513, WCCO audience’s in the twin cities. I doubt if their audience is interested in Target’s NYC doings. Why would WCCO waste broadcasting time to report upon NYC’s economy?

The $15/Hr minimum works fine in NYC. Respectfully, Supposn
The local audience is interested in the huge local corporation.
ToddsterPatriot, furthermore, the links you provided do not mention Target’s NYC or nation-wide policies. Your posts in this thread are incorrect and/or demonstrate poor judgement and analysis.

Respectfully, Supposn

Place I work for pays 150 thousand a month for rent! This would put hundreds out of work.

If you don’t vote democrats out we are all going to be slaves

Do you support rent control? The Democrats, and Gov't in general, do not own private businesses.
I was thinking about this! I would only support a short term rent control if I was to implement deregulation, and ending public schools in Boston, rent control would last 15 years.

Give Bostonians a chance to establish business in Boston, let manufacturing move in to the city, after 15 years it will all balance out. And I would lift the rent control. Right now it’s only the rich or well off comfortable in Boston. With no opportunity for the poor or ordinary.

Bear513, WCCO audience’s in the twin cities. I doubt if their audience is interested in Target’s NYC doings. Why would WCCO waste broadcasting time to report upon NYC’s economy?

ToddsterPatriot, furthermore, the links you provided do not mention Target’s NYC or nation-wide policies. Your posts in this thread are incorrect and/or demonstrate poor judgement and analysis.

Respectfully, Supposn

What link? What post #?

Respectfully, Supposn
ToddsterPatriot, my error. The links provided by Bear513’s posts including post #94, did not mention Target’s NYC or nation-wide policies.

ToddsterPatriot, your posts regarding this point within this thread are incorrect.

Respectfully, Supposn

Anyone surprised?

Gabriela’s isn’t alone. In a survey of 324 full-service restaurants, the New York City Hospitality Alliance found that 76.5 percent of respondents cut staff hours and 36.3 percent eliminated jobs, including whole layers of middle management, in response to mandated wage increases.

It’s death by a thousand cuts,” says Andrew Rigie, executive director of the group. “The minimum wage increases put pressure on small businesses. They are well-intended but unsustainable. There’s only so many times you can increase the price of a burger and a bowl of pasta.”

Philippe Massoud, CEO and executive chef of the Manhattan-based Lebanese eateries Ilili and Ilili Box, says rising wages have forced him to cut hours for his 180 employees, yank labor-intensive dishes from the menu and cut back on staff education events like wine seminars.

The rent doesn’t go down. The food doesn’t cost less. Customers aren’t going to pay higher prices.

What does the Loony Left expect?

More @ https://nypost.com/2019/09/29/15-minimum-wage-hike-is-hitting-hurting-nyc-restaurants/

NYC has the highest rental prices in the country. The price of food has increased dramatically, taxes are the highest in the country

Yet, somehow, restaurants in NYC thrive

But try to increase what they pay their workers and they claim they will go out of business

Only the most expensive restaurants. The lower end stores are dying. Leaving the poorest workers, who need those jobs the most, out of employment.

Meanwhile the public is charged higher and higher prices.

Place I work for pays 150 thousand a month for rent! This would put hundreds out of work.

Do you support rent control? The Democrats, and Gov't in general, do not own private businesses.
I was thinking about this! I would only support a short term rent control if I was to implement deregulation, and ending public schools in Boston, rent control would last 15 years.

Give Bostonians a chance to establish business in Boston, let manufacturing move in to the city, after 15 years it will all balance out. And I would lift the rent control. Right now it’s only the rich or well off comfortable in Boston. With no opportunity for the poor or ordinary.

Rent control, never has a positive effect. Never. You'll end up with more people homeless.

Respectfully, Supposn
ToddsterPatriot, my error. The links provided by Bear513’s posts including post #94, did not mention Target’s NYC or nation-wide policies.

ToddsterPatriot, your posts regarding this point within this thread are incorrect.

Respectfully, Supposn

your posts regarding this point within this thread are incorrect.

Is my point that Target has their HQ in Minneapolis incorrect?

Is my point that Target news is reported by Minneapolis media incorrect?

Rent control simply makes it impossible to find a place to rent.

True, but commuting two hours a day twice a day to earn minimum wage isn't a joy.
Anyone surprised?

Gabriela’s isn’t alone. In a survey of 324 full-service restaurants, the New York City Hospitality Alliance found that 76.5 percent of respondents cut staff hours and 36.3 percent eliminated jobs, including whole layers of middle management, in response to mandated wage increases.

It’s death by a thousand cuts,” says Andrew Rigie, executive director of the group. “The minimum wage increases put pressure on small businesses. They are well-intended but unsustainable. There’s only so many times you can increase the price of a burger and a bowl of pasta.”

Philippe Massoud, CEO and executive chef of the Manhattan-based Lebanese eateries Ilili and Ilili Box, says rising wages have forced him to cut hours for his 180 employees, yank labor-intensive dishes from the menu and cut back on staff education events like wine seminars.

The rent doesn’t go down. The food doesn’t cost less. Customers aren’t going to pay higher prices.

What does the Loony Left expect?

More @ https://nypost.com/2019/09/29/15-minimum-wage-hike-is-hitting-hurting-nyc-restaurants/
It'll cull the places that needed slave wages to exist. No biggie, the strong will survive.

So basically fuck the people who want a nice $40 meal, and those paying $150 for a meal are just fine.

What a fucking bougie douche you are.
It wouldn't be that much of a difference. But you don't mind being served by people who can't make a living. I bet you shop at Walmart as well.

The wait staff usually does just fine. For some of them it's a part time job, for some a second job.

My father did side work growing up. Where is it written that you only need 1 job to provide a sustainable life, especially if you are low skilled or just starting out?

This tries to make low end jobs like professions, something you can do for a career, and they were never meant for that.

it's a way of coddling people to keep them needy on progressives, and not encouraging them to better themselves.

Of course a snitty bougie freak like you is OK with that.
Some people are paid so little that they get food stamps. Or have to live in a camper... I think that a country like ours should share the riches a little more. Trickle down doesn't work all that well. But you\re ok so you don't care about others. GO TRUMP!

City College in San Francisco is providing homeless students with cars and vans to sleep in one of their large parking lots. They have provided portal toilets and security.

ToddsterPatriot, I suppose if Target is headquartered in n Minneapolis, WCCO would on some occasions made mention of Target headquarters activities. That’s not what you’re contending they’ve been reporting. I don’t suppose WCCO reported upon Target’s activities specific to NYC, (unless it was for comparison with the twin cities’ economies).

I have some doubt if NYC Target stores have been reducing their employees’ hours or reducing them on a regular basis?

Respectfully, Supposn

True, but commuting two hours a day twice a day to earn minimum wage isn't a joy.
It'll cull the places that needed slave wages to exist. No biggie, the strong will survive.

So basically fuck the people who want a nice $40 meal, and those paying $150 for a meal are just fine.

It wouldn't be that much of a difference. But you don't mind being served by people who can't make a living. I bet you shop at Walmart as well.

The wait staff usually does just fine. For some of them it's a part time job, for some a second job.

My father did side work growing up. Where is it written that you only need 1 job to provide a sustainable life, especially if you are low skilled or just starting out?

This tries to make low end jobs like professions, something you can do for a career, and they were never meant for that.

it's a way of coddling people to keep them needy on progressives, and not encouraging them to better themselves.

Some people are paid so little that they get food stamps. Or have to live in a camper... I think that a country like ours should share the riches a little more. Trickle down doesn't work all that well. But you\re ok so you don't care about others. GO TRUMP!

City College in San Francisco is providing homeless students with cars and vans to sleep in one of their large parking lots. They have provided portal toilets and security.

But you are missing that it is because of those bad policies, that they have to commute 2 hours, twice a day.

Anyone read the Yahoo opinion piece on this subject? It reminded me of Suppson, I figured he wrote it.

ToddsterPatriot, I suppose if Target is headquartered in n Minneapolis, WCCO would on some occasions made mention of Target headquarters activities. That’s not what you’re contending they’ve been reporting. I don’t suppose WCCO reported upon Target’s activities specific to NYC, (unless it was for comparison with the twin cities’ economies).

I have some doubt if NYC Target stores have been reducing their employees’ hours or reducing them on a regular basis?

Respectfully, Supposn

Target raised wages. But some workers say their hours were cut, leaving them struggling - CNN

Basically, if a company puts in a company wide minimum wage, then it's going to affect the entire company. If the company only pushes up wages in one specific area, like NYC, then only that area will be affected.

In the end though, math doesn't change. Just because you pay people a higher wage, doesn't mean you have more money to pay that higher wage. If the customers are not willing to pay a higher price for product that they can get elsewhere for cheaper... then why would they shop there?

And if the customers are not willing to pay the higher price.... then you can't pay the workers that higher price.

So in order to pay people more money per hour... you have to give them less hours.

Math. It's all about math. Just demanding a higher minimum wage, doesn't magically bend the laws of math.

Respectfully, Supposn

I suppose if Target is headquartered in n Minneapolis,

You suppose if?

upload_2019-10-23_19-48-24.png

all about Target | Target Corporation fact sheet

WCCO would on some occasions made mention of Target headquarters activities.
That’s not what you’re contending they’ve been reporting.

I said, "The local audience is interested in the huge local corporation"

You said my post was incorrect. Please, elucidate.

You're free, of course, to have some doubt.

But please, with no evidence, don't lie about my posts.

Homeless students lol wow you democrats really know how to fuck up a civilization lol

… You said my post was incorrect. Please, elucidate. … But please, with no evidence, don't lie about my posts.
ToddsterPatriot, post #111 is sufficiently clear unless you’re challenged by the English language.

Someone has been lying about your posts?

Respectfully, Supposn

… You said my post was incorrect. Please, elucidate. … But please, with no evidence, don't lie about my posts.
ToddsterPatriot, post #111 is sufficiently clear unless you’re challenged by the English language.

Respectfully, Supposn

You claimed something I was contending was incorrect, I await your evidence.

Just you.

Unfortunately for America, we are beyond the point where voting will fix anything. Too many illegals casting votes. Too many bus loads of welfare queens moving from polling place to polling place to cast votes. Too many corrupt politicians interfering with the vote count. Too many evil forces involves in the entire voting process.

No. Nothing but a good, old-fashioned and BLOODY American Revolution is going to fix this problem.

Forum List

Back