NYC $15 minimum wage hurting restaurants

Every time government (aka self-centered political hacks) stick their noses in how a business is run, they manage to screw things up.

IMHO, a government-induced minimum wage is nothing but step 1 towards becoming a socialized society.

They are paid so little because their skills set isn't worth much. They can improve their skill set and move on to a better paying position.

By subsidizing them at a low skill level, you remove the incentive to increase skill.

It's you ilk that don't care about them, because you want to coddle them and incentivize them staying at subsistence level.

And in actuality, when you raise pay to a point where a person of low skill no longer provides enough labor to justify the cost, either the business will fire them and hire a more skilled person, or eliminate their position via increasing the workload of others, or automation.
Who says people never move beyond a minimum wage?
Most do

Doesn’t mean they should be exploited while earning minimum wages

They are not being exploited, they are being paid for the value of the labor they add.

If they feel they are not, they can move to a job that does.

Exploited? In turns out you do show your inner communist from time to time.

Those with low skills or who perform menial labor are least capable of negotiating a higher salary

Just because employers can force these workers to accept low wages doesn’t mean we should allow it.

That is why we have a minimum wage

Those with low skills or who perform menial labor are least capable of negotiating a higher salary

Yup, that's what low or no skilled workers, in a market flooded by illegals, have to deal with.

Just because employers can force these workers to accept low wages doesn’t mean we should allow it.

Better that their support be 100% welfare, eh? Because 50% is cruel.
Is it just you or do all hillbillies think that $15/hour is way too much money to make on a job?

I think the market should determine how much unskilled/low-skilled workers earn.

If you're worth $15/hour, you can earn that.
If you're only worth $8/hour, a $15 minimum hurts you.

Place I work for pays 150 thousand a month for rent! This would put hundreds out of work.

If you don’t vote democrats out we are all going to be slaves
Jitss617, the landlord will reduce the rent by how much if we eliminate the minimum wage and increase poverty? Respectfully, Supposn

Place I work for pays 150 thousand a month for rent! This would put hundreds out of work.

If you don’t vote democrats out we are all going to be slaves
Jitss617, the landlord will reduce the rent by how much if we eliminate the minimum wage and increase poverty? Respectfully, Supposn

Why would eliminating the minimum wage increase poverty?

Toddsterpatriot, due to wage differentials, the federal minimum wage rate effects USA's entire spectrum of wage rates, but it doesn't effect them all equally. Unemployment insurance and public assistance is economically preferable to USA's wage rates “racing to the bottom”. Higher minimum rate's purchasing power is preferable to more public assistance. ...
Respectfully, Supposn

Toddsterpatriot, due to wage differentials, the federal minimum wage rate effects USA's entire spectrum of wage rates, but it doesn't effect them all equally. Unemployment insurance and public assistance is economically preferable to USA's wage rates “racing to the bottom”. Higher minimum rate's purchasing power is preferable to more public assistance. ...
Respectfully, Supposn

due to wage differentials, the federal minimum wage rate effects USA's entire spectrum of wage rates,

I've seen your claim, never seen your proof.

Will you post it now?

... I've seen your claim, never seen your proof.
Will you post it now?
ToddsterPatriot, I cannot prove due to wage differentials, the federal minimum wage rate effects USA's entire spectrum of wage rates, or the preferability of democratic political elections, or your, or my existence. But I have confidence in all of these things.

Can you prove or disprove the preferability of democratic political elections or our existence? Can you prove we're both not figments of someone else's imaginations? Respectfully, Supposn

... I've seen your claim, never seen your proof.
Will you post it now?
ToddsterPatriot, I cannot prove due to wage differentials, the federal minimum wage rate effects USA's entire spectrum of wage rates, or the preferability of democratic political elections, or your, or my existence. But I have confidence in all of these things.

Can you prove or disprove the preferability of democratic political elections or our existence? Can you prove we're both not figments of someone else's imaginations? Respectfully, Supposn

But I have confidence in all of these things.

We've see the uselessness of that before.

... If you ever run across some facts that back up your claims, you be sure to come back.
ToddsterPatriot, similarly if you believe you can substantiate your contentions, I'd be interested in reading the links you can provide. Respectfully, Supposn

... If you ever run across some facts that back up your claims, you be sure to come back.
ToddsterPatriot, similarly if you believe you can substantiate your contentions, I'd be interested in reading the links you can provide. Respectfully, Supposn

My contention is, you have no proof for your claim.

I can understand your reluctance to admit you have no proof.

ToddsterPatriot, here again you're in error. I previously posted admission of my inability to prove the contention.

Regarding my question, can you absolutely prove your own existence? Can you prove your humanity? I may be corresponding to a device or an unusually intelligent worm. Respectfully (to whatever you are), Supposn

ToddsterPatriot, here again you're in error. I previously posted admission of my inability to prove the contention.

Regarding my question, can you absolutely prove your own existence? Can you prove your humanity? I may be corresponding to a device or an unusually intelligent worm. Respectfully (to whatever you are), Supposn

I previously posted admission of my inability to prove the contention.

You've been posting your claim, for years, finally admitted you have no proof.

Excellent!

I previously posted admission of my inability to prove the contention.
You've been posting your claim, for years, finally admitted you have no proof.

Excellent!
ToddsterPatriot, I have not denied the truth. Your post which I quote, is a false accusation.
Respectfully, Supposn

I have not denied the truth.

Right. You just make claims with no proof.

Thanks for finally, in this thread, admitting you had no proof.

... Thanks for finally, in this thread, admitting you had no proof.
ToddsterPatriot, I have not denied the truth. You shamefully lie and you have yet to prove you're a human or are even a creature rather than a device.

Last edited:
... Thanks for finally, in this thread, admitting you had no proof.
ToddsterPatriot, I have not denied the truth. You shamefully lie and you have yet to prove you're a human or are even a creature rather than a device.

You, for years, made your claim, and never posted proof.

I'm glad you finally either realized there is no proof or just admitted you never had any proof.

Where did I lie?

You, for years, made your claim, and never posted proof.
I'm glad you finally either realized there is no proof or just admitted you never had any proof.
Where did I lie?
ToddsterPatriot, you continue contending that I denyed my lack of proof in this matter. I respond with your own words, "prove it". If you cannot prove it, by the standards you profess to uphold, you're a liar

Forum List

Back