NY State blesses ‘incest’ marriage between uncle, niece

Delta, do you have a complete list of all the protected sexual behaviors vs unprotected ones between consenting adults that would qualify or not for marriage "rights"?

Get back to me with that comprehensive list.

Sexual behavior has nothing to do with marriage rights

All Americans have the right to marriage- whether they have sex or not.

Just more bat guano Silhouette crazy.

Well, what does have 'to do' with marriage rights? The right as a consenting adult to marry whom you love? If it's not about sexual behavior, then what is it about? Love, right?

Well I have been married for over 20 years- and I can tell you with great certainty that I didn't get married in order to express some 'sexual behavior'.

I got married because I wanted to legally commit to a lifetime partnership with my wife- for better and for worse, in sickness and in health.

Though the sex is fantastic......we didn't get married for the sex.

And you totally evaded the question about marriage equality and why it only applies to you. Imagine that?

LOL.....I have been married for over 20 years.

I think that same gender couples should be treated exactly the same when it comes to marriage as my wife and I.

Clearly I don't think it applies only to me.

You have just made another display of your vast ignorance.

Clearly your idea 'of marriage equality' only applies to you and other 'same gender' couples, but doesn't extend to anyone else. Thank you for admitting your bigotry and that you don't in fact support marriage equality.

Why is it that always boils down to where the penis goes with you guys? If sexuality, sensuality, romance, and desire starts, and ends with the penis for you, trust me when I tell you, you're doing it wrong.

Your strawman is lovely. Why don't you start a thread about it somewhere else?

You jealous that someone else was using one of your strawmen?

Sexual behavior has nothing to do with marriage rights

All Americans have the right to marriage- whether they have sex or not.

Just more bat guano Silhouette crazy.

Well, what does have 'to do' with marriage rights? The right as a consenting adult to marry whom you love? If it's not about sexual behavior, then what is it about? Love, right?

Well I have been married for over 20 years- and I can tell you with great certainty that I didn't get married in order to express some 'sexual behavior'.

I got married because I wanted to legally commit to a lifetime partnership with my wife- for better and for worse, in sickness and in health.

And you totally evaded the question about marriage equality and why it only applies to you. Imagine that?

I think that same gender couples should be treated exactly the same when it comes to marriage as my wife and I.

Clearly your idea 'of marriage equality' only applies to you and other 'same gender' couples, but doesn't extend to anyone else. Thank you for admitting your bigotry and that you don't in fact support marriage equality.

Clearly your poor reading comprehension is only exceeded by your lack of intellect, and lack of intellectual honesty.

Incest and polygamy are as legal as gay marriage RIGHT NOW in fact. t.

Go ahead and prove that Silhouette- this is my challenge to you- go apply for a marriage license for you and a sibling.

Let us know how that goes.

That's a stupid response, and you're only making her point even more relevant. She's stating exactly that, that she should be able to apply for a marriage license to marry anyone she wants, it shouldn't be illegal. Are you saying you support it being illegal? Except for you, of course, you're different somehow?

Silhouette has made the legally nonsensical claim- over and over and over- that since the courts have found the bans on same gender marriage to be unconstituional, that therefore bans on incestual and polygamous marriages are now legal.

I have pointed out that that claim is just BS- and I challenge Silhouette- or yourself to find out for yourself- go apply for a marriage license with your brother and let us know how it goes.

If you can't understand that, well frankly, I am not certain if you are capable of understanding anything.

Why don't you just simply answer my question? Or admit that you're a bigot and marriage equality is good for you, but not for others? Simply reiterating that it's against the law to marry your sibling is really not making your opinion about such unions known, which is exactly why you do it, right? If you say you support them, you aid in the conservative argument, and we can't have that. If you don't support them, well then you look like a marriage equality bigot, unless it involves you and others just like you, right? Seems like you don't have the courage to make a stand either way, while at the same time calling others bigots.

Here's a simple yes/no question for you. Do you support the rights of any consenting adult to marry any persons of their choosing? Yes or No?

You first.

Do you support the right of any consenting adult to marry any persons of their choosing?

Why me first? I'm not the one saying marriage equality applies to some but not others, that would be you. And yes, I support the right of any consenting adult to marry any persons of their choosing. I'm not a bigot.

Clearly your poor reading comprehension is only exceeded by your lack of intellect, and lack of intellectual honesty.

If anyone is being dishonest here it is you, you won't even answer a simple question, and evade with insults because you don't have the courage to stand up for what you believe in.

My intellect exposed you for exactly what you are, a bigot.

I feel like the entire marriage issue lies somewhere in opposite world.

Conservatives want more Government telling society what is right or wrong on the issue.
Liberals want that damn Government out of people's lives on the matter.

It just goes to show you that team-playing partisan dickweeding is a strong sauce to be hitting.

Yep.

IMO, if its between consenting adults and harms no one,

MYOB

Than why aren't you questioning 'syriously' in this thread. She's obviously gay, yet would deny rights to others to marry where they find love. The height of hypocrisy, yet not one liberal is in her questioning her bigotry?

LOL.....your post is the height of ignorant arrogance. I dont' know whether you are just so stupid that you don't understand what I have posted, or just so dishonest that you lie about what I have posted.

But your ignorance- and assumptions about me.....well they gave me a chuckle.

Then answer my yes or no questions put to you in my prior post. Put your money where your mouth is and quit being a coward.

OOOOOOh noes- the idiot with reading comprehension problems might call me a 'coward'.......lol- what are you- 12?

You have made so many ignorant assumptions so far- nothing I could say would prevent you from posting more ignorant, false and stupid comments.

Here is what I think- I believe that same gender couples should have the same legal right to marriage as my wife and I have been enjoying for over 20 years.

If you want to advocate for the right to marry your brother- feel free to do so.
If you want to advocate that same gender couples should be discriminated against- you are welcome to do that also.

I will not be attempting to prevent you from spouting any idiotic stuff you want to spout.

Go ahead and prove that Silhouette- this is my challenge to you- go apply for a marriage license for you and a sibling.

Let us know how that goes.

That's a stupid response, and you're only making her point even more relevant. She's stating exactly that, that she should be able to apply for a marriage license to marry anyone she wants, it shouldn't be illegal. Are you saying you support it being illegal? Except for you, of course, you're different somehow?

Silhouette has made the legally nonsensical claim- over and over and over- that since the courts have found the bans on same gender marriage to be unconstituional, that therefore bans on incestual and polygamous marriages are now legal.

I have pointed out that that claim is just BS- and I challenge Silhouette- or yourself to find out for yourself- go apply for a marriage license with your brother and let us know how it goes.

If you can't understand that, well frankly, I am not certain if you are capable of understanding anything.

Why don't you just simply answer my question? Or admit that you're a bigot and marriage equality is good for you, but not for others? Simply reiterating that it's against the law to marry your sibling is really not making your opinion about such unions known, which is exactly why you do it, right? If you say you support them, you aid in the conservative argument, and we can't have that. If you don't support them, well then you look like a marriage equality bigot, unless it involves you and others just like you, right? Seems like you don't have the courage to make a stand either way, while at the same time calling others bigots.

Here's a simple yes/no question for you. Do you support the rights of any consenting adult to marry any persons of their choosing? Yes or No?

You first.

Do you support the right of any consenting adult to marry any persons of their choosing?

Why me first? I'm not the one saying marriage equality applies to some but not others, that would be you. And yes, I support the right of any consenting adult to marry any persons of their choosing. I'm not a bigot.

Good for you.

If anyone is being dishonest here it is you, you won't even answer a simple question, and evade with insults because you don't have the courage to stand up for what you believe in.

You also think that I am a lesbian......so yeah....your intellect is on display.

I feel like the entire marriage issue lies somewhere in opposite world.

Conservatives want more Government telling society what is right or wrong on the issue.
Liberals want that damn Government out of people's lives on the matter.

It just goes to show you that team-playing partisan dickweeding is a strong sauce to be hitting.

Yep.

MYOB

Than why aren't you questioning 'syriously' in this thread. She's obviously gay, yet would deny rights to others to marry where they find love. The height of hypocrisy, yet not one liberal is in her questioning her bigotry?

LOL.....your post is the height of ignorant arrogance. I dont' know whether you are just so stupid that you don't understand what I have posted, or just so dishonest that you lie about what I have posted.

Then answer my yes or no questions put to you in my prior post. Put your money where your mouth is and quit being a coward.

OOOOOOh noes- the idiot with reading comprehension problems might call me a 'coward'.......lol- what are you- 12?

You have made so many ignorant assumptions so far- nothing I could say would prevent you from posting more ignorant, false and stupid comments.

Here is what I think- I believe that same gender couples should have the same legal right to marriage as my wife and I have been enjoying for over 20 years.

If you want to advocate for the right to marry your brother- feel free to do so.
If you want to advocate that same gender couples should be discriminated against- you are welcome to do that also.

I will not be attempting to prevent you from spouting any idiotic stuff you want to spout.

If you can't handle the heat, then stay out of the kitchen. And I'm guessing it's not my maturity that's being questioned here, but rather your honesty.

But, at least you finally have the balls to say that you only support your version of 'marriage equality' and not true marriage equality, and that you are both a hypocrite and a bigot. Congrats on finally coming out!

You first.

Good for you.

Yes, it is good for me, and sad that someone such as yourself who has supposedly faced being 'discriminated' against and supposedly fought for 'marriage equality' is more than willing to discriminate against others and keep marriage equality from others for totally selfish reasons.

You also think that I am a lesbian......so yeah....your intellect is on display.

You've made that insinuation in this thread, I could really care less whether you are or not, still doesn't change the fact that you're a bigot.

Yep.

MYOB

If you can't handle the heat, then stay out of the kitchen. And I'm guessing it's not my maturity that's being questioned here, but rather your honesty.

But, at least you finally have the balls to say that you only support your version of 'marriage equality' and not true marriage equality, and that you are both a hypocrite and a bigot. Congrats on finally coming out!

Once again- reading comprehension is clearly not one of your strong points.

You've made that insinuation in this thread, I could really care less whether you are or not, still doesn't change the fact that you're a bigot.

LOL....you made that assumption......because well that is what you do.

You first.

Good for you.

Yes, it is good for me, and sad that someone such as yourself who has supposedly faced being 'discriminated' against and supposedly fought for 'marriage equality' is more than willing to discriminate against others and keep marriage equality from others for totally selfish reasons.

When have I been discriminated against?

I haven't argued that any adult should be kept from marriage.

What I have argued for- consitantly and clearly to your irritation- is that same gender couples should have marriage equality with my wife and I. That they should be treated no differently than my wife and I.

Why that irritates your little mind- i don't know.

Obviously you think repeating something that had no meaning the first time will make it somehow have meaning the second time? Knock yourself out.

You've already made your stance on 'marriage equality' quite clear, you advocate it for one group but not for others. Therefore, you do not advocate true marriage equality, and are as much a bigot as those that fight against 'gay marriage'.

LOL....you made that assumption......because well that is what you do.

Is it 'what I do'? I think it's more acting on the insinuation that you made earlier in the thread, but either way it's irrelevant to the point of the thread. You're no advocate for marriage equality, so quit pretending that you are or you're going to face difficult questions like the ones raised in this thread that you won't answer clearly. I even know why you won't answer, and it amuses me greatly. lol

You first.

Good for you.

When have I been discriminated against?

I haven't argued that any adult should be kept from marriage.

What I have argued for- consitantly and clearly to your irritation- is that same gender couples should have marriage equality with my wife and I. That they should be treated no differently than my wife and I.

Why that irritates your little mind- i don't know.

Should polygamists be allowed to legally marry? Yes or No?

Obviously you think repeating something that had no meaning the first time will make it somehow have meaning the second time? Knock yourself out.

You've already made your stance on 'marriage equality' quite clear, you advocate it for one group but not for others. Therefore, you do not advocate true marriage equality, and are as much a bigot as those that fight against 'gay marriage'.

You can lie about what my stance as much and as often as you choose to lie.

My position is straightforward

I will not be attempting to prevent you from spouting any idiotic stuff you want to spou

You can lie about what my stance as much and as often as you choose to lie.

My position is straightforward

I will not be attempting to prevent you from spouting any idiotic stuff you want to spou

What I have I lied about?

Being between a rock and a hard place must really suck..lol

Forum List

Back