NY State blesses ‘incest’ marriage between uncle, niece

To those who say there is no slipperly slop, that marriage equality won't lead to polygamy and incest:

You are either:

1. stupid and don't believe in what you claim you do.

or

2. a complete liar. How can you argue for marriage equality, to marry the person you love, while wanting to throw people in jail for marrying the person they love? Gays don't get charged with a crime for trying to marry even where it isn't legal. Incest and polygamists get charged with crimes for trying. They have it a lot worse.

How could the Lovings argue for marriage equality even though people could be thrown in jail for incest?

How could anyone argue for voting equality for blacks when women still couldn't vote?

This whole thing about incest and polygamy are strawmen raised by homophobes who hate the idea of homosexuals being able to marry like my wife and I are married.

Homosexuals have sued for marriage equality with my wife and I- and I support that.

You can argue about incest and polygamy as much as you want- if you want to sue the State arguing that you have the right to marry your Brother- I support your right to sue.

But what I support is marriage equality for same gender couples.

Nothing more and nothing less.

Oh- and the courts have rejected your slippery slope arguments every time....because its sooooooooo convincing.....

Then you are a complete hypocrite. How can you argue that you have the right to marry the person that you love, and then spout out of the other side of your mouth that it should be illegal for others to marry those that they love? You should be on the front lines supporting the idea that any consenting adult should be able to marry the partner(s) of their choice, regardless of the circumstances, and calling for the laws that keep them from being so to be struck down. Otherwise, you're nothing but a bigot by your very own definition of the word.

Which slope is it- marriage between uncles and nieces were legal until 1893.....when they were made illegal........if there was a slippery slope wouldn't that mean there were all sorts of more marriages should be illegal now?
Now? No. Eventually. One leads to the next, Z is necesseraly the logical consiquense of A, meaning incest and poligamy are necesseraly the logical consiquense of "as long as they're consenting adults".

Incest and polygamy are as legal as gay marriage RIGHT NOW in fact. t.

Go ahead and prove that Silhouette- this is my challenge to you- go apply for a marriage license for you and a sibling.

Let us know how that goes.

That's a stupid response, and you're only making her point even more relevant. She's stating exactly that, that she should be able to apply for a marriage license to marry anyone she wants, it shouldn't be illegal. Are you saying you support it being illegal? Except for you, of course, you're different somehow?

Liberals want to destroy this country. They're doing it through destroying the insitutions that make up this country from the ground up.

Homophobes want homosexuals rounded up and put in concentration camps

I guess you're a polyphobe and want polygamists rounded up and sent to a camp? You know, based on your assertions that it shouldn't be legal for them to marry as they wish as consenting adults?

I feel like the entire marriage issue lies somewhere in opposite world.

Conservatives want more Government telling society what is right or wrong on the issue.
Liberals want that damn Government out of people's lives on the matter.

It just goes to show you that team-playing partisan dickweeding is a strong sauce to be hitting.

Yep.

IMO, if its between consenting adults and harms no one,

MYOB

Delta, do you have a complete list of all the protected sexual behaviors vs unprotected ones between consenting adults that would qualify or not for marriage "rights"?

Get back to me with that comprehensive list.

Sexual behavior has nothing to do with marriage rights

All Americans have the right to marriage- whether they have sex or not.

Just more bat guano Silhouette crazy.

Well, what does have 'to do' with marriage rights? The right as a consenting adult to marry whom you love? If it's not about sexual behavior, then what is it about? Love, right?

Conservatives want more Government telling society what is right or wrong on the issue.

It just goes to show you that team-playing partisan dickweeding is a strong sauce to be hitting.

Yep.

MYOB

Than why aren't you questioning 'syriously' in this thread. She's obviously gay, yet would deny rights to others to marry where they find love. The height of hypocrisy, yet not one liberal is in her questioning her bigotry?

Yep.

MYOB

Unfortunately law isn't about MYOB. :) Someone has to make decisions which effect everyone. In the case of incestuous unions though I don't see a compelling state interest in banning them. Don't see a reason you'd want to, but at the same time don't see how those very few who might should be of concern to the state.

Delta, do you have a complete list of all the protected sexual behaviors vs unprotected ones between consenting adults that would qualify or not for marriage "rights"?

Well, what does have 'to do' with marriage rights? The right as a consenting adult to marry whom you love? If it's not about sexual behavior, then what is it about? Love, right?

Well I have been married for over 20 years- and I can tell you with great certainty that I didn't get married in order to express some 'sexual behavior'.

I got married because I wanted to legally commit to a lifetime partnership with my wife- for better and for worse, in sickness and in health.

Though the sex is fantastic......we didn't get married for the sex.

Well I have been married for over 20 years- and I can tell you with great certainty that I didn't get married in order to express some 'sexual behavior'.

I got married because I wanted to legally commit to a lifetime partnership with my wife- for better and for worse, in sickness and in health.

And you totally evaded the question about marriage equality and why it only applies to you. Imagine that?

To those who say there is no slipperly slop, that marriage equality won't lead to polygamy and incest:

You are either:

or

2. a complete liar. How can you argue for marriage equality, to marry the person you love, while wanting to throw people in jail for marrying the person they love? Gays don't get charged with a crime for trying to marry even where it isn't legal. Incest and polygamists get charged with crimes for trying. They have it a lot worse.

How could the Lovings argue for marriage equality even though people could be thrown in jail for incest?

How could anyone argue for voting equality for blacks when women still couldn't vote?

This whole thing about incest and polygamy are strawmen raised by homophobes who hate the idea of homosexuals being able to marry like my wife and I are married.

Homosexuals have sued for marriage equality with my wife and I- and I support that.

You can argue about incest and polygamy as much as you want- if you want to sue the State arguing that you have the right to marry your Brother- I support your right to sue.

Oh- and the courts have rejected your slippery slope arguments every time....because its sooooooooo convincing.....

Then you are a complete hypocrite. How can you argue that you have the right to marry the person that you love, and then spout out of the other side of your mouth that it should be illegal for others to marry those that they love? You should be on the front lines supporting the idea that any consenting adult should be able to marry the partner(s) of their choice, regardless of the circumstances, and calling for the laws that keep them from being so to be struck down. Otherwise, you're nothing but a bigot by your very own definition of the word.

You clearly have a reading comprehension problem.

I have never claimed it should be illegal for others to get married- I have pointed out that it is illegal for a brother and sister to marry.

If you want to change that, then you have the same option as homosexual couples have to change that- either advocate to change the law or go to court and convince a court that you have a constitutional right to marry your brother.

You can keep trying to put words in my mouth, but all you are doing is sticking your foot in your own.

Which slope is it- marriage between uncles and nieces were legal until 1893.....when they were made illegal........if there was a slippery slope wouldn't that mean there were all sorts of more marriages should be illegal now?
Now? No. Eventually. One leads to the next, Z is necesseraly the logical consiquense of A, meaning incest and poligamy are necesseraly the logical consiquense of "as long as they're consenting adults".

Go ahead and prove that Silhouette- this is my challenge to you- go apply for a marriage license for you and a sibling.

That's a stupid response, and you're only making her point even more relevant. She's stating exactly that, that she should be able to apply for a marriage license to marry anyone she wants, it shouldn't be illegal. Are you saying you support it being illegal? Except for you, of course, you're different somehow?

Silhouette has made the legally nonsensical claim- over and over and over- that since the courts have found the bans on same gender marriage to be unconstituional, that therefore bans on incestual and polygamous marriages are now legal.

I have pointed out that that claim is just BS- and I challenge Silhouette- or yourself to find out for yourself- go apply for a marriage license with your brother and let us know how it goes.

If you can't understand that, well frankly, I am not certain if you are capable of understanding anything.

You are either:

or

You clearly have a reading comprehension problem.

I have never claimed it should be illegal for others to get married- I have pointed out that it is illegal for a brother and sister to marry.

If you want to change that, then you have the same option as homosexual couples have to change that- either advocate to change the law or go to court and convince a court that you have a constitutional right to marry your brother.

You can keep trying to put words in my mouth, but all you are doing is sticking your foot in your own.

Welcome to my world. :)

Liberals want to destroy this country. They're doing it through destroying the insitutions that make up this country from the ground up.

I guess you're a polyphobe and want polygamists rounded up and sent to a camp? You know, based on your assertions that it shouldn't be legal for them to marry as they wish as consenting adults?

Nah- I was indulging in hyperbole in response to the bigot who made claims about Liberals wanting to the destroy the country.

If I offended any homophobes, I apologize for the mischaracterization of your intentions.

Yep.

MYOB

Than why aren't you questioning 'syriously' in this thread. She's obviously gay, yet would deny rights to others to marry where they find love. The height of hypocrisy, yet not one liberal is in her questioning her bigotry?

LOL.....your post is the height of ignorant arrogance. I dont' know whether you are just so stupid that you don't understand what I have posted, or just so dishonest that you lie about what I have posted.

But your ignorance- and assumptions about me.....well they gave me a chuckle.

Silhouette has made the legally nonsensical claim- over and over and over- that since the courts have found the bans on same gender marriage to be unconstituional, that therefore bans on incestual and polygamous marriages are now legal.

I have pointed out that that claim is just BS- and I challenge Silhouette- or yourself to find out for yourself- go apply for a marriage license with your brother and let us know how it goes.

If you can't understand that, well frankly, I am not certain if you are capable of understanding anything.

Why don't you just simply answer my question? Or admit that you're a bigot and marriage equality is good for you, but not for others? Simply reiterating that it's against the law to marry your sibling is really not making your opinion about such unions known, which is exactly why you do it, right? If you say you support them, you aid in the conservative argument, and we can't have that. If you don't support them, well then you look like a marriage equality bigot, unless it involves you and others just like you, right? Seems like you don't have the courage to make a stand either way, while at the same time calling others bigots.

Here's a simple yes/no question for you. Do you support the rights of any consenting adult to marry any persons of their choosing? Yes or No?

And you totally evaded the question about marriage equality and why it only applies to you. Imagine that?

LOL.....I have been married for over 20 years.

I think that same gender couples should be treated exactly the same when it comes to marriage as my wife and I.

Clearly I don't think it applies only to me.

You have just made another display of your vast ignorance.

Nah- I was indulging in hyperbole in response to the bigot who made claims about Liberals wanting to the destroy the country.

If I offended any homophobes, I apologize for the mischaracterization of your intentions.

So you support polygamist marriage?

Why don't you just simply answer my question? Or admit that you're a bigot and marriage equality is good for you, but not for others? Simply reiterating that it's against the law to marry your sibling is really not making your opinion about such unions known, which is exactly why you do it, right? If you say you support them, you aid in the conservative argument, and we can't have that. If you don't support them, well then you look like a marriage equality bigot, unless it involves you and others just like you, right? Seems like you don't have the courage to make a stand either way, while at the same time calling others bigots.

Here's a simple yes/no question for you. Do you support the rights of any consenting adult to marry any persons of their choosing? Yes or No?

You first.

Do you support the right of any consenting adult to marry any persons of their choosing?

So you support polygamist marriage?

Once again you display your lack of reading comprehension- or dishonesty.

Or both.

Yep.

MYOB

LOL.....your post is the height of ignorant arrogance. I dont' know whether you are just so stupid that you don't understand what I have posted, or just so dishonest that you lie about what I have posted.

But your ignorance- and assumptions about me.....well they gave me a chuckle.

Then answer my yes or no questions put to you in my prior post. Put your money where your mouth is and quit being a coward.

Forum List

Back