NY Post Cartoon: Racist?

This "protest" is Sharpton getting even.

Believe otherwise and risk being labelled a dolt.

Believing your post risks being a dolt.

What Sharpton says or not does not make this racist or not. It is or it isn't irregardless of Sharpton. There were a lot more blacks and whites who consider it racist.

Seeing as how blacks have been compared to monkeys in the "past" this can easily be seen as a racist reference to Obama when the stimulus remark is added.

At the least it is in very poor taste since our president half black and the stimulus plan is mostly associated with him.

so drag out your opposition to the tasteless racist remarks made agains Powell and Rice.. again,,, we wait :eusa_whistle:

So the consensus on the right here is that black people need your permission to be offened by anything huh?

No, the consensus is that just because a black person is offended by something doesn't award the offense with a "racist!" gold star.

I don't think they should have run the cartoon, though I believe the point wasn't that Obama looks like a chimp, but that the bail out is a ridiculous piece of work. We suffered through years of having Bush portrayed as a chimp...but that was okay because his skin wasn't black,he just shared physical characteristics of a chimp (don't we all?).

But honestly, whoever gave the okay to run that cartoon needs a little time out because I don't think anyone could look at it and not know it was going to stir up all sorts of flak.

I don't know if they need a time out since the only people that would give him or her a time out are the editor's supervisors at the New York Post. This little controversy has given the newspaper a lot of publicity and attention. However, this is coming from the point of view who does not see any racism in the cartoon.

I don't see it as racism, per se. I see it as tasteless as the hideous caricatures of Condoleeza Rice when the Dems were slashing her (and none of the left were crying racism then) and the caricatures of Bush.

What I DO find alarming is the image of what is (arguably) supposed to be the president filled with bullet holes. I don't like the cartoon, period, but I find that beyond reprehensible.

Very telling that even now not a single leftist comes forward and says "in retrospect what was done to Bush Powell and Rice was wrong." Very telling indeed.

Very telling that even now not a single leftist comes forward and says "in retrospect what was done to Bush Powell and Rice was wrong." Very telling indeed.
I can't speak for the left, but I can't think of anything that was done to Powell and Rice that was racist.

This is ridiculous. editec and Truthmatters, you two are morons.

The artist had no intention of implying that it's okay to assassinate the President.
The artist was not being racist.

It was a good cartoon showing that the stimulus bill was written by morons. In the end, the artist apologized if he offended anyone because he did not mean for it to be racist. He did not, however, apologize to those people who were protesting just to protest. He, like me, thinks they are fucking worthless pieces of shit who just want attention.

I can't speak for the left, but I can't think of anything that was done to Powell and Rice that was racist.

Using terms like House N or Aunt Jemimah???
I never heard anyone make those statements.

oh! you are like obama,, never ever heard of it..:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbUBTlmAiA&feature=PlayList&p=FC5D7D643D18B43A&playnext=1&index=40]YouTube - Obama and Wright: He Never Complained Once - Jeremiah Wright[/ame]

Jeesh, unless you all know what was in the guy's mind as he drew the cartoon you've no idea if he meant to be racist or not.

I'd go with unintentionally offensive to some.

Well said ...
It was not in my opinion racist, but blacks look for ways to complain and without racism they would have no one to blame except themselves.

2ece2adf26d18fbe3118.jpg

Last edited:
I never heard anyone make those statements.

So you couldn't find anything about a house ****** or aunt jemmie...why am I not surprised?

you can find it pretty easily, aCTUALLY

Radio host who called Condoleeza Rice 'Aunt Jemima' criticized | Article from AP Worldstream | HighBeam Research

http://www.blacknewsweekly.com/201.html

i don't think it was all that widespread and most people took exception to it, regardless of their politics. at least, i'd like to think so.

So you couldn't find anything about a house ****** or aunt jemmie...why am I not surprised?

you can find it pretty easily, aCTUALLY

Radio host who called Condoleeza Rice 'Aunt Jemima' criticized | Article from AP Worldstream | HighBeam Research

Black News

i don't think it was all that widespread and most people took exception to it, regardless of their politics. at least, i'd like to think so.

She is willfully obtuse,, all she had to do was google the words Colin Powell called a house *****
colin powell called a house ****** - Google Search

but she prefers to be "not surprised" :lol:

I never condoned any of that name calling.

I heard very little of it except on line.

I never saw any MSM outlet pint any cartoon saying as much either.

Here is the point. YOU dont get to deside if someone else is offended or not.

If they say they are offended and you call them a liar then you are just reoffending them.

I thought it was very offensive and I also think the asshole who drew it and the Idiot who published it expecting NO response are asswinks.

It is very likey an attempt to raise the issue to try and get "race card" people a chance to distract this country and devide it.

now after providing her with all these references we shall see if she comes back with "it was wrong to do that" in retrospect mind you.... :eusa_whistle:

now after providing her with all these references we shall see if she comes back with "it was wrong to do that" in retrospect mind you.... :eusa_whistle:

if she said she never heard anyone say it, i believe her.

that's not what I said.. I said now that we have provided the evidence it will be interesting to see if she says that is wrong,, in retrospect.. that is all

if she said she never heard anyone say it, i believe her.

that's not what I said.. I said now that we have provided the evidence it will be interesting to see if she says that is wrong,, in retrospect.. that is all

ah, sorry for the misunderstanding then.

Personally, I thought the cartoon was funny and did not see any racial undertones in it.

Of course you didn't. You belong to a Party that is overwhelmingly white and male.

I have no idea if it was intentionally racist. Only the artist knows in his heart if he is a racist.

What it was, was racially insenstive. Every single person in this country with an IQ over 40, knows the history behind depictions of black people as savage apes, and primates. There's not a single person in this country that isn't aware of the ugly history of that sort of bias against black people, and how that bias was systematically used to degrade them and dehumanize them.

Forum List

Back