NY Post calls NRA Leader Jihadi Wayne

NRA_NYDN_covers-800x430.jpg

New York City tabloid is continuing its battle with the National Rifle Association, calling NRA honcho Wayne LaPierre “Jihadi Wayne” on the cover of Monday morning’s edition for opposing sensible gun laws that could prevent terrorists from purchasing high-powered weapons.

The New York Daily News screaming headline “Nowhere To Hide, Jihadhi Wayne” on Monday morning comes on the heels of a similar headline last Wednesday reading: “NRA’s Sick Jihad.”

At issue is the NRA using their overwhelming influence with lawmakers to block a law that would ban anyone on the terrorist watch list from purchasing a gun.

The bill, known as the Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act, was proposed in the wake of the terrorist attacks in Paris that left 129 people in Paris dead and hundreds more injured. Gun control advocates say that a legal loophole allows suspects on the terrorist watch list to purchase guns while the same list prevents them from flying on U.S. airlines.

The bill was originally proposed in 2007, but has been blocked by conservative lawmakers who are heavily backed by the NRA.

According GOP House member and bill co-sponsor Rep. Peter King of Long Island, the NRA is opposed to any bills that might stop anyone from purchasing a gun.

“Anything which they feel restricts the use or the ability to retain a gun they’re opposed to,” King said.

I hate the NY Post for their "Click Bait" styled titles but they have a point

You realize there is no due process in that law….right…..no one has been convicted of anything or even charged with anything to get on that list….and once on the list you can't even find out why you were put on the list…right?

Typical left wing fascists……...
Those morons do not know anything about the bill. It is just a propoganda opportunity to them.

You are either arrested and in jail, or convicted and in PRISON, in those two cases, you have been brought in front of a judge, and either arraigned, or convicted. In both cases you have gotten due process, and the government can restrict your access to weapons as per local laws.

GITMO is saying "hey what am I chopped liver?"

There are American citizens at GITMO? Name one

No but there was one in the US

Jose Padilla.

The Democrat (Ideological Leftist) Jose Padilla was not sent to Gitmo.

Thats what I said, Is there a echo in here?

OH! So you were just pointing out that US Democrats have been captured, charged and convicted for their having joined Islam in the war with Americans?

You picked a rather odd way of saying so... but Ok. No shit. The list is long and getting longer.

Evidently nobody has taken the time to read the bill.

Break it down for us Lass:eusa_think:

This is a nice breakdown of the left wings latest attempts to put enemies on a list…..

Democrats' New Secret Weapon Vs. Terrorists? Gun Control

The new bill, which Democrats have dubbed the Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2015, gives the U.S. attorney general the authority to “deny the sale, delivery, or transfer of a firearm or the issuance of a firearms or explosives license or permit to dangerous terrorists.”

According to several Democratic sponsors of the bill, the proposed law would allow the attorney general to deny a criminal background check clearance to any individual whose name appears on the national terror watch list.

The huge problem with this expansive new power is that there are precisely zero statutory criteria for inclusion on this massive list. In fact, when statutory authority for the centralized government database was first codified into law via the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004, Congress gave all authority for determining criteria for inclusion in the watch list to unelected, unaccountable government bureaucrats. If some faceless Beltway bureaucrat decides you might be a terrorist, then you’re a terrorist. End of story.

This is the magic that the democrats are looking for……

It gets even worse, though. If your name erroneously appears on that watch list, which as of 2013 included nearly 900,000 names, the Democrats’ proposed legislation renders you virtually powerless to find out why your name is on there, let alone to have it removed. And having your name erroneously or fraudulently added to that list isn’t as far-fetched as you might think.

In 2014, for example, Weekly Standard writer and Fox News contributor Stephen F. Hayes was informed that somebody added his name to the Department of Homeland Security’s terrorist watch list.

There is zero credible evidence that he has any ties whatsoever to terrorism or to any terrorist organizations.

Yet, under the Democrats’ new bill, he and everyone else who is erroneously listed would be banned from ever purchasing or possessing a firearm.

Hayes’ apparent crime was traveling overseas for a cruise. Hayes is not alone. Each year, thousands of names end up on the terror watch list for no good reason whatsoever.

And there you have it…..the thing democrats dream about, being able to ban guns to their opponents forever….and they would have no way to appeal it……a democrat gun grabbers wet dream….

Yet, under the Democrats’ new bill, he and everyone else who is erroneously listed would be banned from ever purchasing or possessing a firearm.

Wow ... conservatives who want to deny refugees the ability to come here...

Are these Refugees Muslim?

Then the answer is definitely "YES"! But that's only because Islam stands wholly antithetical to the principles that define America, with proof of that being Islam's war on American principle.

Here's our official position: Fuck Islam and the psychopath pedophile mule they rode in on.

How about we deny voting rights to them as well? Eliminate 4th amendment protections?

Being put on a list by some un-elected bureaucrat is not enough to deny someone their rights.

Why should I be denied my rights because my name is on a list. Oh right, NYC already denies me my RKBA.

NYC hasn't denied mine. I hold a CCP in NYC.

Evidently nobody has taken the time to read the bill.

Break it down for us Lass:eusa_think:

You should have read it before whining about it, the bill calls for someone being "suspected" of terrorist ties to be denied gun ownership, you can't deny someone ownership over suspicions. Any first year law student knows that. The bill has promise but needs to be reworded. It would be the same as someone being "suspected" of domestic violence and being denied, you can't do that

We already have the law to achieve what they say they want….anyone convicted of a felony can't buy or own a gun…..that is all you need….

What the democrats want is to be able to take away gun rights without any reason whatsoever……they could just put someones name on that list and that would be it…gun rights gone forever…..and no way to get them back…….

You can see the drool dripping on their mouths just thinking about that kind of power….

New York City tabloid is continuing its battle with the National Rifle Association, calling NRA honcho Wayne LaPierre “Jihadi Wayne” on the cover of Monday morning’s edition for opposing sensible gun laws that could prevent terrorists from purchasing high-powered weapons.

The New York Daily News screaming headline “Nowhere To Hide, Jihadhi Wayne” on Monday morning comes on the heels of a similar headline last Wednesday reading: “NRA’s Sick Jihad.”

At issue is the NRA using their overwhelming influence with lawmakers to block a law that would ban anyone on the terrorist watch list from purchasing a gun.

The bill, known as the Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act, was proposed in the wake of the terrorist attacks in Paris that left 129 people in Paris dead and hundreds more injured. Gun control advocates say that a legal loophole allows suspects on the terrorist watch list to purchase guns while the same list prevents them from flying on U.S. airlines.

The bill was originally proposed in 2007, but has been blocked by conservative lawmakers who are heavily backed by the NRA.

According GOP House member and bill co-sponsor Rep. Peter King of Long Island, the NRA is opposed to any bills that might stop anyone from purchasing a gun.

“Anything which they feel restricts the use or the ability to retain a gun they’re opposed to,” King said.

The NRA is harmless...

1. He is no longer the leader of the NRA.
2. Who gives a shit what the NY Post has to say?
3. The OP is a hack moron.

Gun control is a good issue to determine someone's character.

One the one hand, you have people that, like our founders, believe that in a free society all citizens are deemed to be sane, responsible and law-abiding until their ACTIONS prove otherwise.

Then you have the other hand, those who distrust their fellow citizens and consider them to be nut cases, criminals and terrorists by default until government certifies them otherwise.

Guess which group is for gun control and which isn't?

Molon labe, you bunch of totalitarian twits.

The nation has divided. We are barreling towards becoming Syria.

So following your logic Trump will be the new Bashar al-Assad?

Well, let's hope so. The Nations survival is on the brink... and as far as I can tell we're presently 100 million Moderate/Leftists heavy.

My guess is that the first 25 million of true believers culled, will convert the Moderates into meat eating, God fearin', flag waivin', pledge makin' Americans.

That's all you have? I was correct, you had no clue what was in the bill. Run along now

Yes, I dont understand why we can kill and jail people for being suspected terrorist but taking away their gun is beyond the pale.

Regardless, the NRA is correct on the issue, you cannot deny due to suspicions, Thank me later for informing you what you obviously didn't know.

Yeah, So when they put suspected terrorist in jail do they let them keep their guns then lol

You are either arrested and in jail, or convicted and in PRISON, in those two cases, you have been brought in front of a judge, and either arraigned, or convicted. In both cases you have gotten due process, and the government can restrict your access to weapons as per local laws.

GITMO is saying "hey what am I chopped liver?"

Nope….wrong again..they were captured on foreign battlefields as Prisoners of War…with no country to repatriate them to and no end to the conflict since they are non state actors in violation of the Geneva conventions…not U.S. citizens on our soil….

Gun control is a good issue to determine someone's character.

One the one hand, you have people that, like our founders, believe that in a free society all citizens are deemed to be sane, responsible and law-abiding until their ACTIONS prove otherwise.

Then you have the other hand, those who distrust their fellow citizens and consider them to be nut cases, criminals and terrorists by default until government certifies them otherwise.

Guess which group is for gun control and which isn't?

Molon labe, you bunch of totalitarian twits.

until scalia and his nutty decision in herller, justices didn't believe that the 2nd amendment protected a private right of gun ownership.

you have a bizarre means of judging character. I figure character should better be judged by how you treat the poorest, weakest, sickest and oldest among us.

people with criminal backgrounds, spouse abusers and the mentally infirm shouldn't have guns, but that's neither here nor there.... the idea of using one's opinion on the 2nd amendment as a basis to ascertain character only makes sense in bizarroworld.

"Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act"

Yeah, who would want to vote for that.

How about we deny voting rights to them as well? Eliminate 4th amendment protections?

Being put on a list by some un-elected bureaucrat is not enough to deny someone their rights.

Why should I be denied my rights because my name is on a list. Oh right, NYC already denies me my RKBA.

And what about the right to freedom of movement…why not round up those on the watch list…right left wingers…why not do that?

For these gun control idiots the list is a method, they don't care who's on it, its just another way to try to ban guns.

NYC hasn't denied mine. I hold a CCP in NYC.

Why? What reason did you give them?

I call bullshit.

Forum List

Back