Violent programming

Jeddahite

VIP Member
Oct 31, 2015
Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and open myself up to all kinds of harassment and agism. Last night, before I could turn the channel, I saw the beginning of CSI: Cyber. It showed a live captive being tortured with a handheld drill. Blood began to pool on the floor as the man screamed and writhed in pain. What is the purpose of showing this perversion? Do people actually enjoy scenes like this? More and more in the last decade I've found programs pushing the envelope when it comes to what is shown. Is it any wonder that we're becoming desensitized to the idea of torture, violence and monstrosity? Do we export these programs? I am horrified to think that children might see this.

I almost puked when I first started watching 'The Bastard Executioner' on FX to give it a try. I turned it off when they showed a guy graphically being skinned alive in an early episode and never watched it again. A 'snuff film' trying to masquerade as entertainment.

I almost puked when I first started watching 'The Bastard Executioner' on FX to give it a try. I turned it off when they showed a guy graphically being skinned alive in an early episode and never watched it again. A 'snuff film' trying to masquerade as entertainment.

'The Bastard Executioner'

Already been cancelled

CSI always has been graphic. The original show had stuff that would put a movie into an R or even X rating in the 70's. I have seen things on Bones that are far worse than Andy Warhol's Frankenstein - which got an X rating due to graphic violence.

Forum List

Back