Nuns' group plans bus trip to protest the Ryan budget

R

rdean

In interviews after unveiling his budget, Ryan said that he applied his view of Catholic social teaching in his budget proposal, a statement that Sister Simone Campbell, the executive director of NETWORK, said co-opted sacred Catholic teachings.

“I think he was so direct in draping himself in the mantle of Catholic social teaching,” Campbell said. “He took the words but he took none of the meaning in the forming of the budget.”
ies

Campbell continued: “It is one thing to have political differences, but to try to hide a budget that will devastate people and claim that it is supported by your faith. It is unacceptable. He is wrong and he needs to be told so.”

Nuns' group plans bus trip to protest the Ryan budget – CNN Beliefs

NUNS-1-popup.jpg

I saw this nun talk once. She said that 70% of those on Food Stamps are families and 50% of total recipients are children. The majority are white.

Now this is where it gets interesting. She said many of those on Food Stamps have "full time" jobs. That many businesses see "food stamps" as a "business subsidy". Otherwise, they would have to pay more and would have fewer employees. Wow.

And Michele Bachmann says "let them starve" and she's not the only one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbKS4t1AZkA]You Said it, I Read it - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back