NRA emergency airlifts high capacity magazines into Virgina as tensions flare

Tell me you know the difference between sponsors and owners....

So you admit you are this fucking stupid not to know the meaning of "own" in those posts.

So you admit you are this fucking stupid not to know the meaning of "own" in those posts.

Donate to the 100 Club and the NRA.
Does that make me an owner?

True.... but they're owned by some really big players who DO... :21:

Oh really?
Yes.

Really.

Name them.
I'll take that challenge:

NRA's Top 5 Gun Industry Donors

Here are five of the NRA’s biggest gun industry backers who have contributed $1 million or higher. They include the biggest financial contributor — MidwayUSA, a distributor of high-capacity magazines, but also oil and gas company Clayton Williams Energy, Inc. Other gun industry donors include Beretta USA Corporation, Pierce Bullet Seal Target Systems, LLC, and Springfield Armory, Inc.

Beyond the Grave, the N.R.A.’s $56 Million Donor Lives On

No small amount of money is at stake. Last year alone, the Petersen Foundation donated $8 million worth of firearms to the N.R.A.’s charitable group, according to figures the foundation provided to The Times. (It has also given the N.R.A.’s charity $10 million in cash since 2015.)
“Mr. Makris and others in the firearms community have helped facilitate the sale and transfer of many firearms in the Petersen collection,” said Andrew Arulanandam, an N.R.A. spokesman, in a statement. “Sales are strategically coordinated by a committee to maximize their value to the N.R.A., similar to the way rare paintings are sold at auction.”
The Petersen Foundation, in a statement, said that after donations were made, it left the handling of them to the N.R.A. But it also said that “a committee that included Tony Makris” determined “which guns were to be put on display and which were to be sold,” adding that it had “no knowledge about any interaction between Tony Makris, the N.R.A. and Ackerman which would prevent or delay any guns from being sold.”

Now we both know that many will just attack the links..and ignore the contents..but any thinking person who is aware of the dynamic--knows that the NRA is all about repping the gun industry.

Another who doesnt know the difference between a sponsor and an owner.
***yawn***
A difference that is no difference..is no difference. Nice of you to ring in some BS false equivalency argument..instead of conceding the real point..that the NRA is a shill for the arms industry. I put it to you...that one can be an ardent supporter of the 2nd..and still despise the NRA. I am..and I do. You hear talk of draining the swamp..and huge lobbyists like the NRA are part and parcel of the swamp.

There are no owners...of the NRA...just members---sponsors and those who donate great sums call the shots...admit it or not..I don't care.

Ownership..in this context connotes control.

True.... but they're owned by some really big players who DO... :21:

Oh really?
Yes.

Really.

Name them.
I'll take that challenge:

NRA's Top 5 Gun Industry Donors

Here are five of the NRA’s biggest gun industry backers who have contributed $1 million or higher. They include the biggest financial contributor — MidwayUSA, a distributor of high-capacity magazines, but also oil and gas company Clayton Williams Energy, Inc. Other gun industry donors include Beretta USA Corporation, Pierce Bullet Seal Target Systems, LLC, and Springfield Armory, Inc.

Beyond the Grave, the N.R.A.’s $56 Million Donor Lives On

No small amount of money is at stake. Last year alone, the Petersen Foundation donated $8 million worth of firearms to the N.R.A.’s charitable group, according to figures the foundation provided to The Times. (It has also given the N.R.A.’s charity $10 million in cash since 2015.)
“Mr. Makris and others in the firearms community have helped facilitate the sale and transfer of many firearms in the Petersen collection,” said Andrew Arulanandam, an N.R.A. spokesman, in a statement. “Sales are strategically coordinated by a committee to maximize their value to the N.R.A., similar to the way rare paintings are sold at auction.”
The Petersen Foundation, in a statement, said that after donations were made, it left the handling of them to the N.R.A. But it also said that “a committee that included Tony Makris” determined “which guns were to be put on display and which were to be sold,” adding that it had “no knowledge about any interaction between Tony Makris, the N.R.A. and Ackerman which would prevent or delay any guns from being sold.”

Now we both know that many will just attack the links..and ignore the contents..but any thinking person who is aware of the dynamic--knows that the NRA is all about repping the gun industry.

Another who doesnt know the difference between a sponsor and an owner.
So, you thonk this article is talking about who physically owns the stage?
LSU owns the stage at 2019 CFB Awards

LSU owns the stage at 2019 CFB Awards

Donate to the 100 Club and the NRA.
Does that make me an owner?
Unless you donate in excess of 7 figures..it makes you a pawn.

Lets abolish all laws because people still murder, rape & rob.

Great logic.

About as logical as punishing one group of people for the actions of another. Say, by your logic we can go head and pre arrest all black people for hate crimes because black people in New Jersey are committing hate crimes agains news in New Jersey. That. And ban machetes to because that's what the last black guy to assault jews in Jersey used.

Yes, it's aggravating that some assholes always screw it up for the rest of us. We used to be able to drink a beer on the way home, but drunks killed too many people, and now we have open container laws. I used to be able to catch all the fish I wanted but some ass holes took so many till it didn't leave enough to spawn the next generation of fish. Now we have limits on what we can catch. You figure out a way to keep ass holes from messing it up for the rest of us, and you'll get rich. Until then, those few will cause us all problems.

Agree with all of it, but more folks in this country STILL die from drunk drivers then guns. And I feel ya on the bag limits on the fish, but those limits actually work. Same for deer. I catch way better reds then your grandpa. I would have said my grandpa, but he ain't from America and he is dead. Still, bag limits have an impact that you can see in whatever game you are after. You add these weird rules to a right that's written into the constitution (drinking beer while driving home ain't) or modify that constitutional right then why not do it with the first to? Why shouldn't the govrenment moderate USMB? Or why couldent blacks use their own water fountain? It's a slippery slope.

The supreme court has determined that background checks are not infringement. No need to modify anything in the constitution. The government does regulate USMB. There are rules that must be followed by the owners of the site as well as posters. hat doesn't infringe on any rights we have. Your absurd remark about blacks and their own water fountains is almost as dumb as your slippery slope whine. It's been more than 40 years that gun nuts have been whining about their unfounded fear of gun confiscation. Which were the slippery years during that time?

The Supreme Court hasn't decided that, but nice try.
Universal Background Checks Don't Violate Second Amendment | National Review

...Because all these years, hundreds of them in fact this really hasn't been an issue. Should we have licensed the sale of ladders after the first person fell off one and died? What about hammers? Those actually have an FBI stat for use as a murder weapon.
Kinda hard to get a license for a Concealed Ladder, though, eh?

When was the last time that somebody held-up a convenience store or gas station using a Ladder?

How many Hammers can you load into the magazine of a Ladder?

How many fatalities can we attribute to Mass Ladderings at schools and other public places?

Silly comparison.

All of your post is irrelavant......rifles, AR-15 rifles...kill fewer people in the United States than ladders do.....

There are over 18 million AR-15 rifles in private hands....less than 4 were used last year in mass public shootings killing less than 30 people....ladders killed at least 300....

According to your logic...if we must ban over 18 million AR-15 rifles in private hands over the misuse of about 4 of them....then all ladders must be banned...

That is your fucked up logic, not ours.

About as logical as punishing one group of people for the actions of another. Say, by your logic we can go head and pre arrest all black people for hate crimes because black people in New Jersey are committing hate crimes agains news in New Jersey. That. And ban machetes to because that's what the last black guy to assault jews in Jersey used.

Yes, it's aggravating that some assholes always screw it up for the rest of us. We used to be able to drink a beer on the way home, but drunks killed too many people, and now we have open container laws. I used to be able to catch all the fish I wanted but some ass holes took so many till it didn't leave enough to spawn the next generation of fish. Now we have limits on what we can catch. You figure out a way to keep ass holes from messing it up for the rest of us, and you'll get rich. Until then, those few will cause us all problems.

Agree with all of it, but more folks in this country STILL die from drunk drivers then guns. And I feel ya on the bag limits on the fish, but those limits actually work. Same for deer. I catch way better reds then your grandpa. I would have said my grandpa, but he ain't from America and he is dead. Still, bag limits have an impact that you can see in whatever game you are after. You add these weird rules to a right that's written into the constitution (drinking beer while driving home ain't) or modify that constitutional right then why not do it with the first to? Why shouldn't the govrenment moderate USMB? Or why couldent blacks use their own water fountain? It's a slippery slope.

The supreme court has determined that background checks are not infringement. No need to modify anything in the constitution. The government does regulate USMB. There are rules that must be followed by the owners of the site as well as posters. hat doesn't infringe on any rights we have. Your absurd remark about blacks and their own water fountains is almost as dumb as your slippery slope whine. It's been more than 40 years that gun nuts have been whining about their unfounded fear of gun confiscation. Which were the slippery years during that time?

The Supreme Court hasn't decided that, but nice try.
Universal Background Checks Don't Violate Second Amendment | National Review

1) John Yoo is not a Supreme Court justice

2) the article does not say the Supreme Court found universal background checks are Constitutional...

3) Yoo is wrong....universal background checks are un Constitutional....

What yoo and other dipshit establishment republicans don't recognize is that universal background checks are only desired because they give asshats like you the ability to demand universal gun registration...which is the actual goal in demanding UBCs.....you couldn't care less that the current federal background checks don't stop criminals, which means universal background checks won't stop them...

What they mean for you is the ability to come back when UBCs fail and demand universal gun registration...which what you need to ban and confiscate guns.....this is how it has been done throughout human history around the world......you know, yoo doesn't know it......

So again, screw you.

Right,,, not about confiscation.

Yes this part of the bill did not pass, they will keep trying. 4 other gunlaws did including red flag.

"oh but it says prohibit, not confiscate" What is the difference there, none. They were prepared to go door to door.

2020 SESSION
  • | print version
SB 16 Assault firearms and certain firearm magazines; prohibiting sale, transport, etc., penalties.
Introduced by: Richard L. Saslaw | all patrons ... notes | add to my profiles

SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED:
Prohibiting sale, transport, etc., of assault firearms and certain firearm magazines; penalties. Expands the definition of "assault firearm" and prohibits any person from importing, selling, transferring, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing, or transporting an assault firearm. A violation is a Class 6 felony. The bill prohibits a dealer from selling, renting, trading, or transferring from his inventory an assault firearm to any person. The bill also prohibits a person from carrying a shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered in a public place; under existing law, this prohibition applies only in certain localities. The bill makes it a Class 1 misdemeanor to import, sell, barter, or transfer any firearm magazine designed to hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

Forum List

Back