Now we know. It's the Tea Party's fault!!!

Regarding the Tea Party. . . .

• I mostly support Tea Party goals.

Votes: 37 75.5%
  • I mostly oppose Tea Party goals.

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Think of it this way:

Taxes or some means of raising revenue are essential to run the essential functions of government.

Taxes that oppress and inhibit productivity in the private sector are foolish and can even reduce revenues to the public treasury.

A fair, equitable, and necessary tax code is reasonable and is NOT the same thing as not wanting any taxes at all.

Wanting reasonable, necessary, and equitable regulations to prevent us from trampling on each other's rights is NOT the same thing as wanting no regulations at all.

The Tea Party wants us to return to a government devoted to the essential functions of government and not one that attempts to interect itself into and transform all aspects of business and society. They do not oppose reasonable taxation or regulation necessary for the essential functions of government.

And even though there are some who want to make the Tea Party into this evil, meddling entity, and will use any dishonest means to protray them that way, anybody who has honestly evaluated the Tea Party knows that they are not into any social issues of any kind but are focused on returning government to its Consitutional roots and fiscal sanity.

Those in government who want a government with the power to remake commerce, industry, and all of society will denigrate the Tea Party any way they can do it. Which is what made Biden's remarks so outrageous.

I am glad to see this thread, (hopefully), coming to an end. I want to make it clear that I am not an enemy of the Tea Party. In fact I agree strongly with fiscal responsibility in government. I have been called a fiscal conservative, but I am also a social liberal. I believe I am an independent. I thought the Tea Party and Republicans were out to attract my vote, not attack and insult me as has happened in this thread.

All I was trying to point out was that the Tea Party made some blunders in rolling out their ideas that have caused them to be PERCEIVED as racist. I did not say the Tea Party is racist. The PERCEPTION of racism is going to chase businessmen, like me, away. I even offered some possible solutions to help remove the concept of racism from your movement, here they are again. Thank you for your consideration.

.....Now, if the Tea Party had come to my advertising agency for help with this racism issue, we could have dismissed this quickly. Simply survey all Tea Party members with one question. "Does your involvement with the Tea Party have anything to do with your personal feelings of racial prejudice?" Then I would ask, "Are you concerned with the "browning of America" as a problem with America's racial make up."

Doesn't matter what statistics you come up with, you merely use Romney's line. "We do not ask everyone who endorses us if they agree with all our views. We are not a racist organization by platform. We are a political movement that seeks smaller government."

As to the "browning of America." Simple answer. "Yes I am concerned about the change of racial demographics in the United States. I feel we are diluting American culture by permitting the use of Spanish, and allowing 12,000,000 illegal aliens to stay within our borders. Culturally the United States is Washington, Jefferson, and Franklin not Villa, Zapata, and Juarez. Anyone who does not understand that is a traitor."

There are nice ways to make a point and win your audience. I am a person who was "Tea Party friendly" when I entered this thread. Now I question, is the Tea Party paranoid racists - obstructionists - that will not compromise? If that is true, it is very unAmericanbecause compromise is an American concept direct from our founding fathers. It is why we have House and a Senate in Congress. You guys should be out making friends in 2012, not chasing them away. Yet, I remain open minded to you message, even if your posting is hostile.

Norman+Rockwell+Thanksgiving.jpg

Anyone who does not embrace this photo, does not embrace the spirit of America.​

Think of it this way:

Taxes or some means of raising revenue are essential to run the essential functions of government.

Taxes that oppress and inhibit productivity in the private sector are foolish and can even reduce revenues to the public treasury.

PLEASE......................POINT TO A TIME IN MODERN AMERICAN HISTORY WITH LOWER TAXES. THEN.......POINT TO A TIME IN MODERN AMERICAN HISTORY WHEN THE GAP BETWEEN WEALTHY AND POOR WAS SO GREAT>

A fair, equitable, and necessary tax code is reasonable and is NOT the same thing as not wanting any taxes at all.

Wanting reasonable, necessary, and equitable regulations to prevent us from trampling on each other's rights is NOT the same thing as wanting no regulations at all.

The Tea Party wants us to return to a government devoted to the essential functions of government and not one that attempts to interect itself into and transform all aspects of business and society. They do not oppose reasonable taxation or regulation necessary for the essential functions of government.

And even though there are some who want to make the Tea Party into this evil, meddling entity, and will use any dishonest means to protray them that way, anybody who has honestly evaluated the Tea Party knows that they are not into any social issues of any kind but are focused on returning government to its Consitutional roots and fiscal sanity.

You give your "movement" way too much credit. What you are is a well funded offshoot of the GOP. Social issues drive your funding. To say that the "tea party" is not interested in social issues is kust fucking dishonest.

Think of it this way:

PLEASE......................POINT TO A TIME IN MODERN AMERICAN HISTORY WITH LOWER TAXES. THEN.......POINT TO A TIME IN MODERN AMERICAN HISTORY WHEN THE GAP BETWEEN WEALTHY AND POOR WAS SO GREAT>

You give your "movement" way too much credit. What you are is a well funded offshoot of the GOP. Social issues drive your funding. To say that the "tea party" is not interested in social issues is kust fucking dishonest.

Fine, and true. Yet we can not deny that the Tea Party movement has created a group of people pretty much politically undefined prior to this. Tea Party is part of the political landscape.

We must admit the way the Tea Party and #OWS go after each other is rather funny to us independent voters, frustrating as hell, but funny. I say let them fight it out, someone needs to get Obama off his mediocre, middle of the road, moderate, pseudo-liberal, compromising ass! :cool:

Think of it this way:

Fine, and true. Yet we can not deny that the Tea Party movement has created a group of people pretty much politically undefined prior to this. Tea Party is part of the political landscape.

We must admit the way the Tea Party and #OWS go after each other is rather funny to us independent voters, frustrating as hell, but funny. I say let them fight it out, someone needs to get Obama off his mediocre, middle of the road, moderate, pseudo-liberal, compromising ass! :cool:

Comprimising?

Comprimising?
TEA Party doesn't compromise...but insists... and makes it stick at the ballot box. ;)

Think of it this way:

Offshoot of the GOP? Really? TEA Party are CITIZENS across the spectrum that have had it with BIG GOVERNMENT.

Clinton left Bush a strong economy, a surplus and a nations at peace. Bush left Obama two wars, a huge deficit, and the worst recession since the Great Depression. Considering the problems that Bush left to Obama to handle, he's done an excellent job. According to the BLS, the economy added 1.08 million jobs in 2010 and 1.6 million in 2011. To believe that 2.7 million jobs would have been added to the economy if government had done nothing is ridiculous.

I am glad to see this thread, (hopefully), coming to an end. I want to make it clear that I am not an enemy of the Tea Party. In fact I agree strongly with fiscal responsibility in government. I have been called a fiscal conservative, but I am also a social liberal. I believe I am an independent. I thought the Tea Party and Republicans were out to attract my vote, not attack and insult me as has happened in this thread.

All I was trying to point out was that the Tea Party made some blunders in rolling out their ideas that have caused them to be PERCEIVED as racist. I did not say the Tea Party is racist. The PERCEPTION of racism is going to chase businessmen, like me, away. I even offered some possible solutions to help remove the concept of racism from your movement, here they are again. Thank you for your consideration.

.....Now, if the Tea Party had come to my advertising agency for help with this racism issue, we could have dismissed this quickly. Simply survey all Tea Party members with one question. "Does your involvement with the Tea Party have anything to do with your personal feelings of racial prejudice?" Then I would ask, "Are you concerned with the "browning of America" as a problem with America's racial make up."

Doesn't matter what statistics you come up with, you merely use Romney's line. "We do not ask everyone who endorses us if they agree with all our views. We are not a racist organization by platform. We are a political movement that seeks smaller government."

As to the "browning of America." Simple answer. "Yes I am concerned about the change of racial demographics in the United States. I feel we are diluting American culture by permitting the use of Spanish, and allowing 12,000,000 illegal aliens to stay within our borders. Culturally the United States is Washington, Jefferson, and Franklin not Villa, Zapata, and Juarez. Anyone who does not understand that is a traitor."

There are nice ways to make a point and win your audience. I am a person who was "Tea Party friendly" when I entered this thread. Now I question, is the Tea Party paranoid racists - obstructionists - that will not compromise? If that is true, it is very unAmericanbecause compromise is an American concept direct from our founding fathers. It is why we have House and a Senate in Congress. You guys should be out making friends in 2012, not chasing them away. Yet, I remain open minded to you message, even if your posting is hostile.

Norman+Rockwell+Thanksgiving.jpg

Anyone who does not embrace this photo, does not embrace the spirit of America.​
It's a wonderful Norman Rockwell picture of an America that only existed in our imagination. It's one thing to try to turn the clock back to a simpler more wholesome time. It's something quite different to try to go back to something that never existed.

Comprimising?

Absolutely. Compromising..........open to discussion and ideas.........pragmatic.

The narrative that nutters have created about President Obama is without merit. The facts point to a guy who has made every effort to work with the GOP. Thinking people know this...........thus he will remain in office.

Last edited:

Comprimising?
TEA Party doesn't compromise...but insists... and makes it stick at the ballot box. ;)

So far as I know, no Tea Party group is giving the OWS any thought at all. The groups are totally unrelated and there is no comparison or connection between the two. The purpose of the Tea Party is to build up and restore. The purpose of the OWS seems to be to tear down and destroy.

Again individual Tea Partiers will have as many different opinions and convictions on social issues as you will find across the country. For instance there will likely be as many pro choicers as pro lifers at any given Tea Party rally. You also will find a good mix of Republicans, Independents, and Democrats at any given Tea Party rally though Democrats will likely be in the minority as the Democratric Party promotes the opposite of Tea Party goals.

Remember the thesis of this thread is the current Administration's continued efforts to demonize, accuse, and blame the Tea Party as their current target as they are running out of steam blaming and accusing others.

The Tea Party is absolutely not an offshoot of the GOP. The GOP has fallen all over itself to court approval from the Tea Party though and the Tea Party chose to attempt to reform the GOP rather than form a third party.

It is beginning to pay off too based on Joe Biden's comments. :)

The ONLY focus of the Tea Party is smaller, more efficient, more effective government, fiscal sanity and responsibility, and a return to our Constitutional roots promoting individual liberties. In my opinion, those trying to make the Tea Party movement into something else are those who despise those Tea Party goals.

Comprimising?

So far as I know, no Tea Party group is giving the OWS any thought at all. The groups are totally unrelated and there is no comparison or connection between the two. The purpose of the Tea Party is to build up and restore. The purpose of the OWS seems to be to tear down and destroy.

Again individual Tea Partiers will have as many different opinions and convictions on social issues as you will find across the country. For instance there will likely be as many pro choicers as pro lifers at any given Tea Party rally. You also will find a good mix of Republicans, Independents, and Democrats at any given Tea Party rally though Democrats will likely be in the minority as the Democratric Party promotes the opposite of Tea Party goals.

Remember the thesis of this thread is the current Administration's continued efforts to demonize, accuse, and blame the Tea Party as their current target as they are running out of steam blaming and accusing others.

The Tea Party is absolutely not an offshoot of the GOP. The GOP has fallen all over itself to court approval from the Tea Party though and the Tea Party chose to attempt to reform the GOP rather than form a third party.

The ONLY focus of the Tea Party is smaller, more efficient, more effective government, fiscal sanity and responsibility, and a return to our Constitutional roots promoting individual liberties. In my opinion, those trying to make the Tea Party movement into something else are those who despise those Tea Party goals.

Agreed. As to the GOP? Wasn't it John McCain that called the TEA Party 'Hobbits' during the Debt Ceiling debate?

The elitists [RINOS] within the GOP are having a very tough time accepting them in thier midsts. I wonder why?

Agreed. As to the GOP? Wasn't it John McCain that called the TEA Party 'Hobbits' during the Debt Ceiling debate?

The elitists [RINOS] within the GOP are having a very tough time accepting them in thier midsts. I wonder why?

Yes, the old guard Republicans don't like the Tea Party any more than the Democrats do. And that is because the old guard Republicans are largely Democrat light and, like mos tof the Democrats, are in it to increase their personal power, prestige, influence, and fortunes rather than any motive to be competent public servants. They're interested in what looks good and makes good press, not in solving problems.

The Tea Party is doing its damndest to put people into power who are public servants and who do want reform and to restore America to its former greatness.

Yes, the old guard Republicans don't like the Tea Party any more than the Democrats do. And that is because the old guard Republicans are largely Democrat light and, like mos tof the Democrats, are in it to increase their personal power, prestige, influence, and fortunes rather than any motive to be competent public servants. They're interested in what looks good and makes good press, not in solving problems.

The Tea Party is doing its damndest to put people into power who are public servants and who do want reform and to restore America to its former greatness.

Agreed. And why so many in both parties villify them for not wanting business as usual. You hit the nail on the head.

Comprimising?

Absolutely. Compromising..........open to discussion and ideas.........pragmatic.

The narrative that nutters have created about President Obama is without merit. The facts point to a guy who has made every effort to work with the GOP. Thinking people know this...........thus he will remain in office.
Your reality doesn't mesh well with the rest of the world. When the President shuts out the GOP, tells them to sit in the back of the bus and shut up....I don't consider that working with the opposition.

Mature people understand that they cannot get what they want. Obama needs to learn that lesson I suppose. It is time for the Democrats to compromise.

Comprimising?

Your reality doesn't mesh well with the rest of the world. When the President shuts out the GOP, tells them to sit in the back of the bus and shut up....I don't consider that working with the opposition.

Mature people understand that they cannot get what they want. Obama needs to learn that lesson I suppose. It is time for the Democrats to compromise.

And to boot remind them (John McCain in particuliar), that he won and it was his way or the highway.

And to boot remind them (John McCain in particuliar), that he won and it was his way or the highway.
Yep. Kind of hard to do business when you tell your supplier that I'm only going to pay 21 cents for your 3 dollar item.

Hmm...except in Obama's case, he want to spend 3 dollars for a 21 cent item......

Forum List

Back