Now the Left is trying to force that Baker to make a transgender cake.

No I get that (See my post). I am trying to see what the religious argument would be against it.

Pretty much in the transgender case that after God created man and women, men and women can change that if they feel like it.

In the case of SSM, it's the whole not lying with other men as with women thing. Something about it being an abomination.

Not the point of sale ones, which has been established. These are custom cakes for custom events, that are told to the baker.

what is the context of Ephesians 5:18?

To not drink wine but to be filled with the Holy Spirit instead.

As far as I saw it was a pink cake with blue icing. Not really all that custom.

This is even worse.

This case could arguably fall under the rubric freedom of artistic expression, which would make the compelling of the baker to perform forced speech.....A clear violation of 1st Amendment.
We really need to get over the fixation on the Bill of Rights. Every day I read demands here (from idiots) to "show me where the right to xxx is mentioned in the Constitution". Doing pretty much exactly what we're warned not to do by the Ninth Amendment.

These kinds of laws violate freedoms so fundamental (freedom of conscience - even basic self-determination) the founders didn't bother to mention them. We've must jealously guard all our freedoms - not just the tokens offered up in the Bill of Rights.

This is even worse.

This case could arguably fall under the rubric freedom of artistic expression, which would make the compelling of the baker to perform forced speech.....A clear violation of 1st Amendment.
That's what we run into when we force photographers to cover gay weddings. You're exactly right about artistic expression. Would any of the usual suspects now baying for blood, hoping to get the cake designer to go against his conscience also compel a left-wing artist to paint a glowing portrait of TRUMP!? Or would they compel a Communist artist to paint Mao executing his enemies?

This is where we're headed, but they never seem to look beyond today.

Comment:
The Far Left still refuses to respect the Baker's religion.
They are harassing him.
They are trying to force normal mainstream people to participate in other people's gender dysphoria mental illness.
They want to force people to use the wrong gender pronouns.
He is not a woman; he is a dude wearing a dress.
It is a huge myth that the Left is tolerant.
The Left is opposed to the 1st Amendment right to Freedom of Religion.
I am going to read the article later but based on your comments alone (and the first part of the article), they may not have a case here bc the cake is just too different colors. If they told the baker WHY there were 2 colors, I am not sure that makes a (legal) difference. If the cake was supposed to have figures on top who were .. say, mutilating themselves until they became another gender, well, maybe the baker would have a case but otherwise, I don't think he does.

Again, my comments are based on the first part of the article and I will read the rest by tomorrow.

I never argued the baker couldn't do what they wanted. I'm trying to understand why.
He really doesn't need a reason. If his business rule is no specialty cakes then he won't bake any specialty cakes. Period. End of sentence. No reason given or is necessary.

These nuts never run out of things to be afraid of. Now it`s cakes. :rolleyes:

would you be ok with a baker being forced to bake this cake?

1665154542852.png

or this one?

1665154925208.png

It is just a fucking cake
Bake it, hand it to the customer and move on to the next one

No need to be such a drama queen

He really doesn't need a reason. If his business rule is no specialty cakes then he won't bake any specialty cakes. Period. End of sentence. No reason given or is necessary.

Blue icing really is not a specialty cake. Again, I'm simply trying to understand the reasoning. The way to get people to understand your position is not to run them off.

It is just a fucking cake
Bake it, hand it to the customer and move on to the next one

No need to be such a drama queen
And where do you stop? Would you force a proudly left-wing portrait artist to paint a heroic, glowing portrait of TRUMP!? Cake designers are artists and you're supporting efforts to force them to use their art in support of things they abhor.

It is just a painting.
Paint it, hand it to the customer and move on to the next one.

Forum List

Back