Now John Kerry Uses Katrina For Fund Raising

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Really doesn't surprise anybody does it?

----
Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) unleashed a furious attack on the Bush administration at a Brown University speech yesterday, upbraiding the president’s response to the hurricane that recently devastated the Gulf Coastand tying it to what he sees as other flaws at the White House.

“This is the Katrina administration,” read prepared remarks posted on 2004 Democratic presidential nominee’s website, www.johnkerry.com. “Katrina is a symbol of all this administration does and doesn't do,” read Kerry’s script, portions of which were included in an e-mail to supporters that ended with a fundraising appeal.

“Michael Brown [Bush’s former emergency-management director] … is to Katrina what [former Iraq administrator] Paul Bremer is to peace in Iraq; what [former CIA Director] George Tenet is to slam-dunk intelligence; what [former Deputy Defense Secretary] Paul Wolfowitz is to parades paved with flowers in Baghdad; what [Vice President] Dick Cheney is to visionary energy policy; what [Defense Secretary] Donald Rumsfeld is to basic war planning; what [House Majority Leader] Tom Delay [R-Texas] is to ethics; and what George Bush is to ‘Mission Accomplished’ and ‘Wanted Dead or Alive.’”

In a brief interview, Tracey Schmitt, a spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee, called Kerry’s pitch for cash “repulsive.”

In a news release, she said, “John Kerry's attacks on President Bush's efforts to assist the victims and rebuild the Gulf Coast don't come as a surprise. Armchair quarterbacking on tough issues has never been a problem for Senator Kerry. The American people have pulled together during a difficult time and Democrats’ efforts to politicize this tragedy are unsavory at best.”

Kerry’s speech is the latest salvo in a political battle over accountability that has pitted the parties against each other in Washington and federal officials against their state and local counterparts in the Gulf region.

While Kerry’s speech may play well with the Democratic base, Sarah Binder, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution and a professor at George Washington University, said the senator has a tough challenge to pin blame on Bush.

http://www.thehill.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/092005/brief4.html

Zoom and CSN, you will be happy to know that my husband (who is a die-hard democrat) and I opened our newspapers and saw a similar article about Kerry blasting Bush and we both said, "Oh brother."

Okay, we get it. People think Bush messed up. Why do we need to harp on this? This isn't good for the country, and it's cetainly not good for those who have been displaced.

While I supported Kerry in the 2004 election, I am not sure how enthusiastic I could be if he decided to run in 2008. Anyway, I agree with you bozos. ;)

ProudDem said:
Zoom and CSN, you will be happy to know that my husband (who is a die-hard democrat) and I opened our newspapers and saw a similar article about Kerry blasting Bush and we both said, "Oh brother."

Okay, we get it. People think Bush messed up. Why do we need to harp on this? This isn't good for the country, and it's cetainly not good for those who have been displaced.

While I supported Kerry in the 2004 election, I am not sure how enthusiastic I could be if he decided to run in 2008. Anyway, I agree with you bozos. ;)
It's CSM, not CSN.

I gotta tell ya Proud Dem, you are doing well on this board. I have been watching your posts and it is refreshing to see someone argue their points without reverting to name calling, etc. I dont agree with a lot of what you say, but then we dont have to agree.

You have class. Welcome to the little corner of insanity known as the US Message Board!

CSM said:
It's CSM, not CSN.

I gotta tell ya Proud Dem, you are doing well on this board. I have been watching your posts and it is refreshing to see someone argue their points without reverting to name calling, etc. I dont agree with a lot of what you say, but then we dont have to agree.

You have class. Welcome to the little corner of insanity known as the US Message Board!

Oops! I hate it when I make a boo boo with someone's name. People mess up my name all the time, and it infuriates me. Is CSN a show on CBS or something?

Thank you! I appreciate the compliment. :) What does CSM stand for--are they your initials?

I made a joke privately with someone that you cons only like me when I agree with you. ;)

ProudDem said:
Oops! I hate it when I make a boo boo with someone's name. People mess up my name all the time, and it infuriates me. Is CSN a show on CBS or something?

Thank you! I appreciate the compliment. :) What does CSM stand for--are they your initials?

I made a joke privately with someone that you cons only like me when I agree with you. ;)

CSM stands for Command Sergeant Major. Highest enlisted rank in the US Army (I retired as one).

You have to understand (speaking for myself only here) that trolls basically drive me nuts; folks who present their arguments in a reasoned manner make for good sound debate and I like that better than a mutual admiration society; especially if the debate stays on topic and doesn't degenerate into elementary school name calling.

ProudDem said:

Your have Crosby, Stills, and Nash on your mind..lol.

I can't speak for others, but I do like you when you disagree also. You actually back up your statements with facts and links; unlike some people on this board.

And that is twice in less than an hour you agree with me - there may be hope yet..lol.

(hope for you...)

ProudDem said:

<b>I made a joke privately with someone that you cons only like me when I agree with you.</b> ;)

And I agreed with you - albeit silently so as not to make you feel bad. :D:D:D

GotZoom said:
I'd rep you if I could!!!!!! Excellent!!!!!

:rotflmao:

057.gif

ProudDem said:
:shocked:

:(

;)

<i>**chuckle**</i>

Kidding.. You made a valid point, and you were repped for it..regardless of your political standing. That's how it works. :D

ProudDem said:

the backhanded compliment. Keep reading this board and your mind, if you actually use your mind as most liberals don't, will be changed.

? I didn't see anything that suggested that Kerry said send Democrats money because of Katrina, he said that this was just another example of the gross incompetence of this administration. Republicans, however, sent out a letter seeking donations specifically citing the Terri Schiavo case. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

acludem

good one abby.....good point dem

i for one hopes kerry runs again......i will enjoy voting against him in the primary and the general election...... manu1959 : 3 ..... JFK part deux : 0

CSM said:
It's CSM, not CSN.

I agree. Though I would like to read 3 posts in a row without a 'puleez' or 'don't say------' cause I know you would. Other than that, you could be a Bully type of guy. I've been wondering, where has Bully gone? :dunno:

CSM said:
CSM stands for Command Sergeant Major. Highest enlisted rank in the US Army (I retired as one).

You have to understand (speaking for myself only here) that trolls basically drive me nuts; folks who present their arguments in a reasoned manner make for good sound debate and I like that better than a mutual admiration society; especially if the debate stays on topic and doesn't degenerate into elementary school name calling.

And that's why I love you! In a platonic way of course! :banana: :banana:

Forum List

Back