Now it's only third world countries and USA that are still religious

Regarding Hitler's lack of faith, the following is an excerpt from a speech in Munich:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited."

Now, whether he was actually a Christian or just a 'self-proclaimed' one (as the more informed apologists like to argue), he was certainly religious in much of his rhetoric and he definitely knew how to use the faith of hiss countrymen to his advantage.

He also said his armies would not violate the rhineland (broken) not invade poland (broken) not take over the rest of chekoslovakia after the sudentenland was handed over (broken) had no aspirations to the anchluss (unification of austria and Germany, yeah broken).

Hitler signed a concordant with the vatican, and then proceeded to remove the church from public life. German education was stripped of religous teachings.

ANY speech from that man in suspect.

Oh yes----Stalin was great guy.

Well, he was no Hitler or Mussolini (two very religious guys of some note), but only because Josef (named for St. Joseph, BTW) was violently abused as a child in a poor but extremely religious household. There were also the five years spent in a Greek Orthodox seminary, only after which did he renounce his religion. Take heart though, because [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Stalin-In-depth-Biography-Explosive-Documents/dp/0385479549]according to Stalin biographer Edvard Radzinsky,[/ame] "During his mysterious retreat [of June 1941] the ex-seminarist had decided to involve the aid of the God he had rejected." (Radzinsky also listed a number of religious comrades from Stalin's circle). So, for better or worse, it's clear that religion played an important role in Stalin's life.

Wanna talk more about Hitler or Mussolini now?

Stalin led an atheist and communist regime that killed more than Hitler ever dreamed of killing.

What's this, the my dictator was less religious than yours and killed more people argument? HA!

The point was that religion played a defining role in the creation of your preferred monster, who resorted to using religion to his advantage in his later years.

Well, he was no Hitler or Mussolini (two very religious guys of some note), but only because Josef (named for St. Joseph, BTW) was violently abused as a child in a poor but extremely religious household. There were also the five years spent in a Greek Orthodox seminary, only after which did he renounce his religion. Take heart though, because according to Stalin biographer Edvard Radzinsky, "During his mysterious retreat [of June 1941] the ex-seminarist had decided to involve the aid of the God he had rejected." (Radzinsky also listed a number of religious comrades from Stalin's circle). So, for better or worse, it's clear that religion played an important role in Stalin's life.

Stalin led an atheist and communist regime that killed more than Hitler ever dreamed of killing.

What's this, the my dictator was less religious than yours and killed more people argument? HA!

The point was that religion played a defining role in the creation of your preferred monster, who resorted to using religion to his advantage in his later years.

I am merely correcting your statement that Hitler was "very religous" which there is no proof of.

Regarding Hitler's lack of faith, the following is an excerpt from a speech in Munich:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited."

Now, whether he was actually a Christian or just a 'self-proclaimed' one (as the more informed apologists like to argue), he was certainly religious in much of his rhetoric and he definitely knew how to use the faith of hiss countrymen to his advantage.

He also said his armies would not violate the rhineland (broken) not invade poland (broken) not take over the rest of chekoslovakia after the sudentenland was handed over (broken) had no aspirations to the anchluss (unification of austria and Germany, yeah broken).

Hitler signed a concordant with the vatican, and then proceeded to remove the church from public life. German education was stripped of religous teachings.

Well, duh.

Again, though in slightly different terms, whether sincere in his proclamation of Christianity or not, the man knew how to use religion to his advantage.

What's more, without that advantage ...his meteoric rise to power might never have happened.

Well, he was no Hitler or Mussolini (two very religious guys of some note), but only because Josef (named for St. Joseph, BTW) was violently abused as a child in a poor but extremely religious household. There were also the five years spent in a Greek Orthodox seminary, only after which did he renounce his religion. Take heart though, because according to Stalin biographer Edvard Radzinsky, "During his mysterious retreat [of June 1941] the ex-seminarist had decided to involve the aid of the God he had rejected." (Radzinsky also listed a number of religious comrades from Stalin's circle). So, for better or worse, it's clear that religion played an important role in Stalin's life.

damn that's lame--you have no way of proving that religion created the evil on Hitler or Stalin. Did you want to try for Pol Pot too ?

Defining role ? Funny

Last edited:
Why would you say that?

Frankly, a lot of people act like douchebags because they are religious.

Because usually, they are pretty ignorant of what is in their holy books, and the Imaginary Sky Pixie is a great enabler for douchebaggery.

well, your religious views definitely explain why you are acting that way.

My religious view is you treat people the right way because they deserve to as people, not because some imaginary sky pixie is going to punish you in the afterlife.

That's why atheists are more moral than religous people. We do the right thing because it's the right thing.

You wouldn't know the right thing if it had neon signs pointing to it.

I am merely correcting your statement that Hitler was "very religous" which there is no proof of.

First, you're responding to my reply to Dilloduck, in which I was speaking primarily of Stalin.

Secondly, whether Hitler was really a Christian or not, he WAS OBVIOUSLY "very religious" in his approach to leadership and his overall agenda, as evidenced by the EXPLICIT rationale for his antisemitism.

I like to study religions and stats around it and I have found some interesting things.
All the other western nations have a majority of the population being non-religious.
Take a look at these numbers:

Is Religion important in your life - People who answer "No" in percentage below:

Sweden 88%
Denmark 80.5%
Norway 78%
Czech Republic 74.5%
Hong Kong 75.5%
Japan 75%
United Kingdom 73%
Finland 70%
France 69.5%
Germany 69%
Australia 67.5%
Canada 67%
Netherlands 66.5%
New Zealand 66%

There is not one single "western" nation left now that haven't left religion behind. Even if you compare the "old" British colonies - Canada, Australia & New Zealand there is a big difference compared to America. Why is this ??

Western nation = Western Europe, Japan, Australia, New Zealand & Canada.

America is on the same religious level as third world countries like:
Uganda
Jamaica
Armenia
Uzbekistan
El Salvador
Honduras

....which I don't think is a good thing.

Still Religious:
1. Third world nations & Muslim nations
2. USA

USA is the only western nation where you are not considered nuts if you believe in Noah's Ark and Creationism.

Will this ever change ?

You atheist nutters are all alike aren't you? Why do you care? Leave the people alone to do what they wish, and how they wish. That is why the US was founded.

My religious view is you treat people the right way because they deserve to as people, not because some imaginary sky pixie is going to punish you in the afterlife.

That's why atheists are more moral than religous people. We do the right thing because it's the right thing.

Oh yes----Stalin was great guy.

1st century Rome- Pagan and rules most of the Western world.

4th-5th centuries- Becomes Christianized and in less than 100 years Rome sacked by barbarians.

Stalin murdered 80 million idiot. AND Rome had stopped being Rome over a century before. they had become a welfare state where Romans worked less than 50% of the time and slaves were used for almost everything. The citizens no longer fought their own wars, instead they were fought by mercenaries. Rome was failing and its religion had nothing to do with it. As evidence you have the Eastern Roman Empire which survived (as an Eastern Orthodox religion) for a further 1000 years.

Read a book sometime konny. Your profound ignorance is showing.

Last edited:

First, you're responding to my reply to Dilloduck, in which I was speaking primarily of Stalin.

Secondly, whether Hitler was really a Christian or not, he WAS OBVIOUSLY "very religious" in his approach to leadership and his overall agenda, as evidenced by the EXPLICIT rationale for his antisemitism.

working on UBER LAME I see. Claiming Hitler had a "religious" approach to something hardly makes him a religious man. Desperate measures :cuckoo:

This nation is religious now? hard to tell from the way people act.

Sure it is, more people go to Church here and attend religious functions than most of Europe. Plus take a look at the south where on Sunday they don't let people buy liquor until a certain time, thats all religious based and unheard of anywhere in Europe.

Hitler's anti-semitism and Nazi anti-semitism in general had nothing to do with religion and everything to do with the fact that they considered Jews a "race." Non religous and converted jews were still considered Jews and were treated the same as other jews, the exception being converted German jews, and those were given less harsh treatment soley to not rock the boat in german communities.

Read the Wanasee Conference Transcript for an idea of how Nazi's saw Jews.

Wannsee Protocol - Wikisource, the free online library

This quote in particular

The number of Jews given here for foreign countries includes, however, only those Jews who still adhere to the Jewish faith, since some countries still do not have a definition of the term "Jew" according to racial principles.

Sure it is, more people go to Church here and attend religious functions than most of Europe. Plus take a look at the south where on Sunday they don't let people buy liquor until a certain time, thats all religious based and unheard of anywhere in Europe.

Attending church doesn't make people religious. And being more religious than Europe certainly doesnt make anyone religious (Im not sure if that trend is going to remain with the Muslims moving into European Nations)

What does it profit a man to go to Church on Twice a year or even every Sunday if he doesnt live the principles espoused?

You think we are a nation of honest people? You think we are a nation of hard workers? We may have been at one point but take one look at the rising generation and you know it's not true. You think we are a charitable nation when outsource our responsibility to the government? You think we worship the Lord when we place countless things ahead of Him like: Money, power, sports, politics, hobbies, etc?

We aren't. It's just a fact.

Attending church doesn't make people religious. And being more religious than Europe certainly doesnt make anyone religious (Im not sure if that trend is going to remain with the Muslims moving into European Nations)

What does it profit a man to go to Church on Twice a year or even every Sunday if he doesnt live the principles espoused?

You think we are a nation of honest people? You think we are a nation of hard workers? We may have been at one point but take one look at the rising generation and you know it's not true. You think we are a charitable nation when outsource our responsibility to the government? You think we worship the Lord when we place countless things ahead of Him like: Money, power, sports, politics, hobbies, etc?

We aren't. It's just a fact.

Well going to service means something, those folks could all stay in bed. I believe there are more religious people in the states than most Western nations, but they don't get as much attention as the people who aren't religious, if that make sense. I'm not religious but this is my observation.

Stalin murdered 80 million idiot. AND Rome had stopped being Rome over a century before. they had become a welfare state where Romans worked less than 50% of the time and slaves were used for almost everything. The citizens no longer fought their own wars, instead they were fought by mercenaries. Rome was failing and its religion had nothing to do with it. As evidence you have the Eastern Roman Empire which survived (as an Eastern Orthodox religion) for a further 1000 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is important that you compare the least non-religious countries in the world today, which are Sweden, Norway & Denmark.

Sweden - The World's Best Country for Women (click on the link in the Quote box)

Norway - Norway - the best country in the world (click on the link in the Quote box)

Denmark - Happiest in the World (click on the link in the Quote box)

Scandinavia least religious in the World (click on the link in the Quote box)

Scandinavians give most aid in the world as percentage of GDP (Gross National Product):
This lists countries by the amount of money they give as a percentage of their gross national income.
The list includes international giving through official channels that qualify as Official Development Assistance, and national charitable giving.

Percentage of GDP:
Luxembourg – 1.00%
Sweden – 0.99%
Norway – 0.93%
Denmark – 0.84%
Netherlands – 0.71%
United Kingdom – 0.56%
Finland – 0.53%
Ireland – 0.48%
Belgium – 0.47%
France- 0.45%
Switzerland – 0.45%
Germany – 0.38%
Australia – 0.36%
Canada – 0.32%
Austria – 0.28%
New Zealand – 0.28%
Portugal – 0.27%
Iceland – 0.22%
United States – 0.19%
Japan – 0.17%
Spain – 0.15%
South Korea – 0.14%
Italy – 0.13%
Greece – 0.13%

These awful non-religious countries 8Sweden, Norway & Denmark).....Look at what they are doing...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is important that you compare the least non-religious countries in the world today, which are Sweden, Norway & Denmark.

Sweden - The World's Best Country for Women (click on the link in the Quote box)

Norway - Norway - the best country in the world (click on the link in the Quote box)

Denmark - Happiest in the World (click on the link in the Quote box)

Scandinavia least religious in the World (click on the link in the Quote box)

Scandinavians give most aid in the world as percentage of GDP (Gross National Product):
This lists countries by the amount of money they give as a percentage of their gross national income.
The list includes international giving through official channels that qualify as Official Development Assistance, and national charitable giving.

Percentage of GDP:
Luxembourg – 1.00%
Sweden – 0.99%
Norway – 0.93%
Denmark – 0.84%
Netherlands – 0.71%
United Kingdom – 0.56%
Finland – 0.53%
Ireland – 0.48%
Belgium – 0.47%
France- 0.45%
Switzerland – 0.45%
Germany – 0.38%
Australia – 0.36%
Canada – 0.32%
Austria – 0.28%
New Zealand – 0.28%
Portugal – 0.27%
Iceland – 0.22%
United States – 0.19%
Japan – 0.17%
Spain – 0.15%
South Korea – 0.14%
Italy – 0.13%
Greece – 0.13%

These awful non-religious countries 8Sweden, Norway & Denmark).....Look at what they are doing...

Those nations also lead the world in suicide, alcoholism, and a whole host of other social issues. Secular countries are just as fucked up as religious ones.

Why would you say that?

Frankly, a lot of people act like douchebags because they are religious.

Because usually, they are pretty ignorant of what is in their holy books, and the Imaginary Sky Pixie is a great enabler for douchebaggery.

But usually the biggest arrogant douchebags come from the aethist side of the equation.

Its not suprising that people who believe in nothing bigger than themselves can tend to be assholes.

Really, name them.

Jim Jones, David Koresh, Jimmy Swaggert, I could come up with a whole list of religous douchebags...

You, not so much. Okay, I guess you'll claim Stalin was an "atheist". You'd probably try to claim Hitler was an atheist, ignoring the whole "Gott Mit Uns" thing.

[

Actually, in Mein Kampf, he said he was going to do ALL of those things, years before he ever came to power.

[

And when did Pope Pius XII denounce this "broken agreement".

Oh. That's right. He didn't. Pius loved him some Axis powers.

Even let Catholic priests like Jozef Tizo run puppet states like Slovakia for the Nazis.

Forum List

Back