Now I'm not one to question the Obama government

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
Yeah. I have my own private thoughts. I try very hard to keep them private. It's been bothering me for a long time though. This administration, to put it bluntly, has been sketchy as fuck since the first election.

He's a one time junior senator nobody knows much about, but the media immediately and permanently falls head over heels with him on the spot and jumps straight into bed. I literally can't think of a single time in the past seven years that the non-far right media has been critical of him in any way.
He keeps supporting secret legislation like the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which US senators aren't allowed to know much about but McDonald's representatives are.
His Department of Justice is notoriously secretive, with rumors of corruption swirling almost since he got into office and the occasional story like the Fast and Furious gang gun giveaway breaking momentarily before being spun under control or buried with less topical stories.
Occasionally people in his administration, such as Holder, get outed for the shadier shit they do and it's overlooked, spun back under control by a media that would apparently keep sucking him off if he started supporting the abolition of a free press, or simply buried by less topical news.
He allows hostile countries to conquer our allies and step over his "red lines" without consequence.
He's openly stated multiple times that he's willing to issue executive orders to block or pass any legislation that interferes with his social and economic agenda.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I don't think he's a Communist or a crypto-Muslim or that he was born in Kenya. I'm not a Republican or a Tea Partier. I acknowledge that, for better or worse, he's the president of the United States and was elected to the position twice by the popular vote. I've just always found him a little shady and these points above are just the very first things that I recalled.

Yeah. I have my own private thoughts. I try very hard to keep them private. It's been bothering me for a long time though. This administration, to put it bluntly, has been sketchy as fuck since the first election.

He's a one time junior senator nobody knows much about, but the media immediately and permanently falls head over heels with him on the spot and jumps straight into bed. I literally can't think of a single time in the past seven years that the non-far right media has been critical of him in any way.
He keeps supporting secret legislation like the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which US senators aren't allowed to know much about but McDonald's representatives are.
His Department of Justice is notoriously secretive, with rumors of corruption swirling almost since he got into office and the occasional story like the Fast and Furious gang gun giveaway breaking momentarily before being spun under control or buried with less topical stories.
Occasionally people in his administration, such as Holder, get outed for the shadier shit they do and it's overlooked, spun back under control by a media that would apparently keep sucking him off if he started supporting the abolition of a free press, or simply buried by less topical news.
He allows hostile countries to conquer our allies and step over his "red lines" without consequence.
He's openly stated multiple times that he's willing to issue executive orders to block or pass any legislation that interferes with his social and economic agenda.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I don't think he's a Communist or a crypto-Muslim or that he was born in Kenya. I'm not a Republican or a Tea Partier. I acknowledge that, for better or worse, he's the president of the United States and was elected to the position twice by the popular vote. I've just always found him a little shady and these points above are just the very first things that I recalled.

Yes, I share your concerns. I'm not sure if he's shady or he just was not prepared to be the leader of the Free World. He has screwed up so many times, we should be grateful things are not any worse than what they are. The people he surrounds himself with are so inept, that he must know of the problems they've had.

He wasn't in a position to know any great people to put into office. They were all friends of his.

That's why the next president has to have a resume that reflects he/she can lead. It would probably be best if it was a governor with a good record in his state. I'm anxious of hearing more about Kasich.

Forgot that early on in his term, his admin tried to block Fox news from a presser. And the one time I saw all the media stand together, they all said the hell you say.

This was the first cult of personality presidency (although Kennedy & Reagan came close to that), and we got what we got.

Yes, it has been shady, and yes, he apparently doesn't have the temperament that is a great fit for the office. He was greatly assisted by a media that ushered him in and an opposing party (whose real leaders appear to be on the radio) that went completely off the fucking rails, opening the door for the Dems to move Left.

In addition to your examples, I'd add my single biggest disappointment - no President in the history of this country was better-equipped, not by a million miles, to deal with our race issues head on and force both ends of the argument to look in the mirror. On that, he has chosen to vote "present".

His traditional sycophants here will defend and spin for him in their traditional way. But even though their perceptions are distorted by their ideology, I suspect they know you're right.

Such is the sad state of contemporary American politics.

Forum List

Back