Notfooledby Brennan?????

The problem is far bigger than Iraq. The US has yet to define the problem...and without that, there will be no solution.

Why do you feel it is our responsibility to get neck deep in the world's problems?

It is our responsibility to accurately define the problem, and create a solution that protects the American people.

That has been done, it just does not have enough American bombs and American deaths to suit you.

Why do you feel it is our responsibility to get neck deep in the world's problems?

It is our responsibility to accurately define the problem, and create a solution that protects the American people.

That has been done, it just does not have enough American bombs and American deaths to suit you.

Please link me to the definition of the problem that the administration/congress is working from. Some official, agreed upon, accurate statement.

Please link me to the definition of the problem that the administration/congress is working from. Some official, agreed upon, accurate statement.

Do your own frigging homework, the problem is generational animosity amongst various factions spilling across artificial borders with western involvement always making things worse. We cannot just fix that, in the meantime we take steps to protect ourselves while just dealing with a fluid situation and avoid sending our young men to needless deaths. You seek a reckless and brutal military solution but you need to come to terms with the fact that there is no solution that will satisfy everyone and that this will go on for many more years.

Do your own frigging homework, the problem is generational animosity amongst various factions spilling across artificial borders with western involvement always making things worse. We cannot just fix that, in the meantime we take steps to protect ourselves while just dealing with a fluid situation and avoid sending our young men to needless deaths. You seek a reckless and brutal military solution but you need to come to terms with the fact that there is no solution that will satisfy everyone and that this will go on for many more years.

I try not to waste my time looking for things that don't exist. Maybe you will change your weak dick attitude when 911 revisits your town.

My solution does not cause our deaths...it confronts Muslim nations with their certain deaths if they don't handle their own shit.

I try not to waste my time looking for things that don't exist. Maybe you will change your weak dick attitude when 911 revisits your town.

We have created more terrorists by fighting terrorists than would have ever been if we did nothing at all. I am a lot more scared of my friends and relatives going to fight them on their own turf than anything they might do to us here. Spare me the scare tactics and macho posturing that would let you send your loved ones out to die on foreign soil with a clear conscience.

We have created more terrorists by fighting terrorists than would have ever been if we did nothing at all. I am a lot more scared of my friends and relatives going to fight them on their own turf than anything they might do to us here. Spare me the scare tactics and macho posturing that would let you send your loved ones out to die on foreign soil with a clear conscience.

My loved ones have already done that...in the air and on the ground...and they agree with me.

My loved ones have already done that...in the air and on the ground...and they agree with me.

Nice of you to speak for them just to make a point on the internet. You like war for it's own sake whereas most people at least expect a point for the massive sacrifice of our soldier's lives. What would be the point of another big shooting war?

Nice of you to speak for them just to make a point on the internet. You like war for it's own sake whereas most people at least expect a point for the massive sacrifice of our soldier's lives. What would be the point of another big shooting war?

I speak with them...not for them. And I do not propose a "big shooting" war...I propose the threat of a devastating missile/air attack if Muslim nations to not control their radicals...or if they actively support same. A one time demonstration ought to be enough. Your plan is to get out of the game. I see no victory there.

I speak with them...not for them. And I do not propose a "big shooting" war...I propose the threat of a devastating missile/air attack if Muslim nations to not control their radicals...or if they actively support same. A one time demonstration ought to be enough. Your plan is to get out of the game. I see no victory there.

Only dumb-asses ever saw a chance for victory in our occupations. What the hell is victory supposed to look like anyway? When they somehow come to like the foreign troops occupying their towns and villages?

Only dumb-asses ever saw a chance for victory in our occupations. What the hell is victory supposed to look like anyway? When they somehow come to like the foreign troops occupying their towns and villages?

Victory comes when the enemy is dead...or has surrendered and laid down their arms. Hasn't happened since august 1945...

Victory comes when the enemy is dead...or has surrendered and laid down their arms. Hasn't happened since august 1945...

Wars are not like that since we stopped fighting armies and started fighting ideas.

Wars are not like that since we stopped fighting armies and started fighting ideas.

We are fighting real people with real ideas...we haven't figured out how yet. Perhaps you and i are at the extremes of the solution...strange none of the moderates have not chimed in.

We are fighting real people with real ideas...we haven't figured out how yet. Perhaps you and i are at the extremes of the solution...strange none of the moderates have not chimed in.

I do not even have an extreme position here, If our government wants to take out specific bad guys via robotic technology I'm all for it, will never shed a tear for violent terrorists getting blown into little bits. I just detest your rather nonspecific plan that looks a lot like wholesale slaughter to somehow shock extraordinarily violent people into being non-violent and getting along with us and each other.

I do not even have an extreme position here, If our government wants to take out specific bad guys via robotic technology I'm all for it, will never shed a tear for violent terrorists getting blown into little bits. I just detest your rather nonspecific plan that looks a lot like wholesale slaughter to somehow shock extraordinarily violent people into being non-violent and getting along with us and each other.

Your position is extremely weak...mine extremely strong. The majority non violent Muslims have to get in the game and control/eliminate their violent brothers or we have to do it for them...without regard for their survival...their choice.

The majority non violent Muslims have to get in the game and control/eliminate their violent brothers or we have to do it for them...without regard for their survival...their choice.

You've just pretty much outlined Obama's plan..... Get the people who live amidst the worst of the terrorists to fight the terrorists and kill them or persuade them to quit. That's the plan in Afghanistan and its working. It's too bad you hate Obama so much you can't admit that it is working .

08/13/14 KP: 80 Taliban militants killed, 69 others injured in Afghan operations At least 80 Taliban militants including their local commanders were killed following counter-terrorism operations in the past 24 hours. The Ministry of Interior (MoI), following a statement said Monday that the militants were killed in Nangarhar, Parwan, Takhar, Badakhshan, SAr-e-Pul, Kandahar, Helmand, Nuristan, Kunduz, Kapisa and Paktika provinces.

Senior Taliban leaders among 21 killed in NATO airstrike By Ghanizada - Mon Aug 11 2014, 12:16 pm

NATO air raid AfghanistanAt least 21 Taliban militants were killed following an airstrike by NATO-led coalition forces in southern Helmand province of Afghanistan.

Provincial government media office, following a statement, said the airstrike was carried out on Sunday in Marjah district.

The statement further added that the militants were plotting to carry out coordinated attacks on security check posts in Qari Saadi area.

A number of the leading Taliban leaders were also among those killed during the airstrike, the statement added.

We don't shoot the ones that give up. Is that what pisses you off about Obama?

50 Insurgents Join Sar-e-Pul Peace Process Wednesday, 13 August 2014 10:07 Written by Faridullah Sahil

A group of 50 insurgents on Tuesday surrendered their weapons and joined the peace process in northern Sar-e-Pul province.

According to the Sar-e-Pul Police Chief Noor Habib Gulbahari, the insurgents, who were previously active in Shermha area, joined the government peace process because of the efforts of the tribal elders and the Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF).

"This is a good step toward building peace and stability in the province," Gulbahari stated while asking other insurgents to also join the process and ensure everlasting peace and stability in the country.

According to Gulbahari, with the joining of this group the security measure in 16 provinces will improve.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back