Notfooledby Brennan?????

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
“Our strategy is…shaped by a deeper understanding of al Qaeda’s goals, strategy, and tactics. I’m not talking about al Qaeda’s grandiose vision of global domination through a violent Islamic caliphate. That vision is absurd, and we are not going to organize our counterterrorism policies against a feckless delusion that is never going to happen. We are not going to elevate these thugs and their murderous aspirations into something larger than they are.”

~John Brennan, White House Senior Advisor to The President (for counterterrorism and national security) June 29th 2011

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...tprint-john-brennan-dismisses-jihadist-goals/

Last edited:
America invented Al Qaeda, provided them with weapons and motivation, used them as a boogyman to scare our own citizens into accepting a police state and to support 2 wars. We have been fighting them for years and based our entire defense policy on them. Enough, if you want to be scared of them go right ahead we have been sold too many lies out of fear of a few thousand primitive dickheads.

Holy freaking toledo! Someone send the moron the memo that the caliphate is established. ISIS pulled it off.

Oh hell's bells. :lol:

Last edited:
America invented Al Qaeda, provided them with weapons and motivation, used them as a boogyman to scare our own citizens into accepting a police state and to support 2 wars. We have been fighting them for years and based our entire defense policy on them. Enough, if you want to be scared of them go right ahead we have been sold too many lies out of fear of a few thousand primitive dickheads.

It appears you want Brennan's job...you're qualified. I forwarded your analysis to the 200000 dead in Syria.

It appears you want Brennan's job...you're qualified. I forwarded your analysis to the 200000 dead in Syria.

Maybe you want your relatives and friends fighting in a middle eastern hellhole but I'd rather keep them home no matter what the hell people there are doing. It's heartbreaking, if I felt anything positive would occur I would be more inclined to approve of more than just airdrops and bombing. We have sent too many young people to die there already and have nothing to show for it.

The Islamic State of whatever they are calling themselves is not anything more than warlords and thugs that are trying to grasp some legitimacy that they will never have by calling themselves a caliphate. Do not give them legitimacy by considering them anything more than a criminal element created by a power vacuum that occurred when the Iraq forces turned tail and abandoned their duties.

Just because someone calls themselves a caliphate does not make them one.

You really need to grab a dose of reality.

The Islamic State of whatever they are calling themselves is not anything more than warlords and thugs that are trying to grasp some legitimacy that they will never have by calling themselves a caliphate. Do not give them legitimacy by considering them anything more than a criminal element created by a power vacuum that occurred when the Iraq forces turned tail and abandoned their duties.

Like Obabble did not abandon his duties?

Maybe Occupussy can tell us what Obabble's strategery is.

It's damned sure not doing things just to satisfy the warhawks. Is the old war footage getting stale?

Clinton, bush and certainly obama failed to satisfy the "warhawks". I have made my strategy known...what is yours...negotiation? Surrender? Compromise?

Mine is simple, stop being the world's policeman and do it now. I value OUR people more than the Iraqis and cannot approve of sending them there to die for unattainable goals. Demonstrate that there are desirable ends to a greater involvement and I will have a different opinion but Iraq simply cannot be brought to peace by our military.

Like Obabble did not abandon his duties?

His duties are primarily to the American people and we as well as Iraq's "legitimate" government said clearly to end our occupation.

The problem is far bigger than Iraq. The US has yet to define the problem...and without that, there will be no solution.

Why do you feel it is our responsibility to get neck deep in the world's problems?

Just because someone calls themselves a caliphate does not make them one.

What part of "before they invaded Iraq they had successfully taken over one third of Syria" did you miss?

The power vacuum was in Syria because our western leaders have been hell bent for leather on deposing Assad and destabilizing Syria. ISIS, Levant and Al Nusra have been highly successful in gaining swathes of territory thanks to the assholes we have as leaders.

They are a well organized army of terrorists. You underestimate them. Invading Iraq came only after their establishment of power and wealth in Syria.

ISIS is worth one to two billion and are governing territories. Baghdadi has been enormously successful in his endeavors.

He is the new rock star jihadist whose victories are recruiting thousands of fighters from around the world.

Bin Laden and Zawahiri can't come close to the draw he's got.

An analyst said the declaration of a caliphate by the Islamic State posed a huge challenge to al-Qaida.

"Put simply, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has declared war on al-Qaida," said Charles Lister, a visiting fellow at the Brookings Doha Centre. "While it is now inevitable that members and prominent supporters of al-Qaida and its affiliates will rapidly move to denounce Baghdadi and this announcement, it is the long-term implications that may prove more significant.

"Taken globally, the younger generation of the jihadist community is becoming more supportive of Isis, largely out of fealty to its slick and proven capacity for attaining rapid results through brutality."

Isis announces Islamic caliphate in area straddling Iraq and Syria | World news | theguardian.com

What part of "before they invaded Iraq they had successfully taken over one third of Syria" did you miss?

The power vacuum was in Syria because our western leaders have been hell bent for leather on deposing Assad and destabilizing Syria. ISIS, Levant and Al Nusra have been highly successful in gaining swathes of territory thanks to the assholes we have as leaders.

They are a well organized army of terrorists. You underestimate them. Invading Iraq came only after their establishment of power and wealth in Syria.

ISIS is worth one to two billion and are governing territories. Baghdadi has been enormously successful in his endeavors.

He is the new rock star jihadist whose victories are recruiting thousands of fighters from around the world.

Bin Laden and Zawahiri can't come close to the draw he's got.

An analyst said the declaration of a caliphate by the Islamic State posed a huge challenge to al-Qaida.

"Put simply, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has declared war on al-Qaida," said Charles Lister, a visiting fellow at the Brookings Doha Centre. "While it is now inevitable that members and prominent supporters of al-Qaida and its affiliates will rapidly move to denounce Baghdadi and this announcement, it is the long-term implications that may prove more significant.

"Taken globally, the younger generation of the jihadist community is becoming more supportive of Isis, largely out of fealty to its slick and proven capacity for attaining rapid results through brutality."

Isis announces Islamic caliphate in area straddling Iraq and Syria | World news | theguardian.com

Sounds pretty grim but I am wondering what you are proposing we do about it and how many of our soldiers' lives are worth fighting them.

Forum List

Back