Note to Gun-Control Liberals: You Can’t Handle the Truth

dcshooting17n-3-web.jpg

Dramatic story of political 'gun violence' is ignored by the gun-grabber media

8/10/13
Thomas Lifson

But when a young gay activist named Floyd Lee Corkins bought a bagful of Chik-fil-A sandwiches and brought them to the Family Research Council headquarters intending to "smother Chick-fil-A sandwiches in [the] faces" of his victims after he shot them, he found his target on a map provided by the Southern Poverty Law Center, a left wing outfit that has prospered mightily by raising the specter of victimization by racists (and more recently, gay-haters) and fundraising on the promise to stop them.

Mark Hemingway of the Weekly Standard lays out in detail the dramatic story of heroic security guard Leo Johnson, whose recovery from his grievous wounds offers inspiration, and the multi-dimensional hypocrisy of the SPLC's role in inciting the very sort of violence it and other parts of the progressive apparat claim to be interested in preventing.

As recently as last week, SPLC cofounder Morris Dees defended the Family Research Council's inclusion on the "hate map." "Well, first of all, having a group on our hate map doesn't cause anybody to attack them any more than they attacked us for one thing or another," Dees told CNSNews.com on August 6. It takes quite a bit of hubris for Dees to defensively equate rhetorical attacks on his own organization with actual gun violence against an organization whose politics he dislikes. It also seems more than a little convenient that Dees now denies a connection between rhetoric and violence. In 2011, an SPLC blog post, "Expert: Political Rhetoric Likely a Factor in Arizona Shooting," concluded that Sarah Palin's rhetoric "could have provided a facilitating context" for the Giffords shooting, though, again, there is no evidence Loughner was exposed to it.

By the loose standard of "facilitating context," the unjust inclusion of the Family Research Council headquarters on a "hate map" otherwise filled with violent white nationalist organizations is a much more serious transgression-particularly when Corkins admits he used the map to learn about his target. And while Leo Johnson's defining characteristics are his courage and character, as long as we're talking about context, it's worth pondering why the founder of a celebrated civil rights organization is obdurately unreflective about the role his SPLC played in the shooting of a black man.

Dees's callous remarks only underscore the point that, unlike many of the more publicized incidents in recent years, the Family Research Council shooting actually warrants a discussion. If anyone is sincerely interested in frankly exploring politics and violence, Leo Johnson still works at the Family Research Council and walks past the bullet holes in the lobby every day. It might be worth asking him what he thinks. "I've worked here for 14 years. I know these people, I've worked closely with them, and I know what people they are," he says. "So to label them a hate group is absurd. It's absurd."

Read more: Blog: Dramatic story of political 'gun violence' is ignored by the gun-grabber media

MarkPotok2.png

Warning: Our Government Is a Threat to Public Safety

September 18, 2013 By Michelle Malkin

aaron_alexis_naval_yard_shootingn_2013_09-16.jpg

Forget gun control. America needs government control. Have you noticed the common thread among several mass killings and homeland security incidents lately?

Time and again, it’s the control freaks in Washington who have fallen down on their jobs, allowing crazies, creeps and criminals to roam free and wreak havoc while ignoring rampant red flags. Let’s review:

Washington Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis: Despite gun-grabbing Democrats’ best efforts to blame a nonexistent “AR-15″ for this week’s horrific Navy Yard massacre, the truth is seeping out about shooter Aaron Alexis. The 34-year-old Navy veteran had been treated since August by the Veterans Administration for a host of mental problems that plagued him for up to a decade.

The motto of our homeland security overlords is “not on our watch.” But like so much else attached to our post-9/11 national security bureaucracy, that motto has become a punchline. With the feds and military leaders looking the other way or closing their eyes altogether to menaces within their ranks, there is no watch. It’s a Code Red alert for government incompetence.

Warning: Our Government Is a Threat to Public Safety | FrontPage Magazine

The Unbelievable Reason This Police Officer Dad Was Told Not to Visit His Daughter’s School While in Uniform

Oct. 3, 2013

shutterstock_123402943-300x200.jpg

The image of a uniformed police officer dropping off his daughter at her elementary school was apparently too scary of an image for some parents in Mesa, Ariz. It’s not his uniform that is making them uncomfortable, it’s the gun holstered on his hip.

The principal at Entz Elementary School has reportedly asked the father not to wear his police uniform on campus ever again because parents are concerned that he carries a firearm.

Now, “a lot of people” are “shocked and upset” over the decision, KSAZ-TV reports.

The officer, Scott Urkov of the Coolidge Police Department, only dropped his daughter off at her school.

Officer Urkov wasn’t too happy about the decision either. He reportedly posted the following message on Facebook after the incident:

“Nothing like your kids school calling and asking if I could not come to pick up my daughter in uniform cause parents were concerned when their kids came home telling them there was a man at school with a gun. Are you freaking kidding me?”

The Unbelievable Reason This Police Officer Dad Was Told Not to Visit His Daughter?s School While in Uniform | Video | TheBlaze.com

The Unbelievable Reason This Police Officer Dad Was Told Not to Visit His Daughter’s School While in Uniform

Oct. 3, 2013

The image of a uniformed police officer dropping off his daughter at her elementary school was apparently too scary of an image for some parents in Mesa, Ariz. It’s not his uniform that is making them uncomfortable, it’s the gun holstered on his hip.

The principal at Entz Elementary School has reportedly asked the father not to wear his police uniform on campus ever again because parents are concerned that he carries a firearm.

Now, “a lot of people” are “shocked and upset” over the decision, KSAZ-TV reports.

The officer, Scott Urkov of the Coolidge Police Department, only dropped his daughter off at her school.

Officer Urkov wasn’t too happy about the decision either. He reportedly posted the following message on Facebook after the incident:

“Nothing like your kids school calling and asking if I could not come to pick up my daughter in uniform cause parents were concerned when their kids came home telling them there was a man at school with a gun. Are you freaking kidding me?”

The Unbelievable Reason This Police Officer Dad Was Told Not to Visit His Daughter?s School While in Uniform | Video | TheBlaze.com

Before the Dumbocrats can create their new Nazi state they need to disarm the population. It's just that simple...

Oct. 3, 2013

Before the Dumbocrats can create their new Nazi state they need to disarm the population. It's just that simple...

Could have told him to leave the gun in da car, or told the parents to move to sf or seattle...:eusa_shifty:

October 9, 2015
President Obama mulling expanding gun background checks through executive action
By Rick Moran

His royal highness, King Barack I is thinking of issuing a decree to his subjects, ordering more background checks for those wishing to purchase a firearm.

This backdoor gun control would be accomplished by forcing high volume gun dealers to obtain a license to sell guns from the ATF - one of the requirements being to perform background checks on purchasers.

The administration has been thinking about pulling the trigger on this rule for a couple of years, but have been advised against it by DoJ lawyers and the ATF. The ATF says it would be next to impossible to enforce while the DoJ lawyers worry that the executive order could be successfully challenged in court.

Indeed, it sounds like the new rules would be legally problematic:

But because our lazy president refuses to do the hard work necessary to get his program through Congress, he finds it far more convenient to simply pretend that Congress doesn't exist and he can rule by royal decree.

No one is surprised anymore about the president's end runs around the Constitution. But in this case, a successful court challenge could be the result. As with the president's immigration executive orders, there are still some courts in the land willing to stand up to the executive branch and prevent Obama's wild overreach.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/10/president_obama_mulling_expanding_gun_background_checks_through_executive_action.html#ixzz3o8AbbBJ2

Oct. 3, 2013

Could have told him to leave the gun in da car, or told the parents to move to sf or seattle...:eusa_shifty:
Could have told him to leave that extra 40 pounds at the gym too.

"This backdoor gun control would be accomplished by forcing high volume gun dealers to obtain a license to sell guns from the ATF - one of the requirements being to perform background checks on purchasers."

AFAIK, this is already a requirement for all gun dealers across all states. Something is not adding up.

"This backdoor gun control would be accomplished by forcing high volume gun dealers to obtain a license to sell guns from the ATF - one of the requirements being to perform background checks on purchasers."

AFAIK, this is already a requirement for all gun dealers across all states. Something is not adding up.
They plan to use an EO to redefine "dealer" as anyone who sells 50 guns or more per year.
Note that this runs contrary to the legislative definition found in federal law.

They only way they can know who does this is universal registration.

Everything leads back to universal registration.

No one wonders why.

They plan to use an EO to redefine "dealer" as anyone who sells 50 guns or more per year.
Note that this runs contrary to the legislative definition found in federal law.

No one wonders why.
I DO wonder why. The fact of the matter is that registration is not going to happen. End of story. A change like this is nonsensical because it is impossible to enforce or prove.

Another feel good measure so that he can point to the GOP and say they have done nothing but Obama and the democrats did - even when it amounts to nothing.

No one wonders why.
I am against all the Libtard gun grabbers but seriously. Why would any typical person be selling more than 50 guns a year?

No one wonders why.
I am against all the Libtard gun grabbers but seriously. Why would any typical person be selling more than 50 guns a year?
All kinds of reasons. I know plenty of people who do. One guy is a cancer survivor who likes guns and this is his hobby.

No one wonders why.
The more pertinent question is how would an officer of the law know?

No one wonders why.
Same reason he might buy and sell 50 hammers or televisions or baseball cards - he can make a little money at it.

Like I said, he never banned machine guns or assault rifles. He only prevented their private sale, not of existing machine guns which were already purchased before that took place.

I am a hard nosed realist. Why is it some of you are covering for the abusive use of guns? Guns are NOT protecting us, they are harming us. And that is a fact, that is real. You people in the NRA want to live in a dreamland want to pretend guns are going to solve everything? It just isn't real, it's magic realism, Gun proponents are living in never never land.

New Topics

Forum List

Back