Not the view you were looking for: A conservative woman's view on abortion

Funny, Coyote, it doesn't begin at 25 weeks. We all equate a heartbeat with the presence of life, that happens in the first 3-5 weeks.

No, we equate life with the ability of the fetus to survive outside the womb. That's when life begins.

So what about answering my question. Can you be charged with murder then for killing a fetus? Stop running away and address the question. If it's not a life, how can anyone killing it be murder?

If it's a life, why aren't women sent to prison for life for having an abortion?

you are placing different values on human life and attempting to justify it.

Thing is, in one instance you don't consider it to BE human life. Nice try.

That's because it isn't human life, it is the potential for human life. There is no proof or guarantee that the fetus will ever be a human life because 1/3 of all fetuses are not even viable and spontaneously abort.

That's why women don't generally tell people they are pregnant until after the first trimester has passed.

What women are YOU talking to? Every woman I personally know tells people as soon as she knows she's pregnant. My daughter's pregnant right now, and started telling people when she was about five weeks, which is when she found out.

Funny, Coyote, it doesn't begin at 25 weeks. We all equate a heartbeat with the presence of life, that happens in the first 3-5 weeks.

No, we equate life with the ability of the fetus to survive outside the womb. That's when life begins.

Yes, very scientific, that whole "Life is like real estate: all about location, location, location" spiel.

So fetuses have human DNA. And that supports the right-to-control-others-lives arguments how?

no, a baby is a human being and shouldn't be murdered.....and when the baby is born the woman can give up the baby and live her life...without killing another human being.......
I'm going to spin this---men masturbate. This is a needless waste of life-giving sperm--it's bloody damn murder!. Those spermies are potential babies, and they all have a man's DNA. I think we should ban male masturbating. If you masturbate, you will go to jail for mass murder. A woman cannot get pregnant without sperm and sperm must come from a donor. Therefore, to hold only one party libel is discrimination. If men can masturbate, women can choose abortion. Oh, sperm does not have a heartbeat... or do they? Hmm... If it can swim, can it not also feel? It is physically active! Save the babies!! Stop masturbating!!

Might as well cart me away to SuperMax right now ....

So fetuses have human DNA. And that supports the right-to-control-others-lives arguments how?

no, a baby is a human being and shouldn't be murdered.....and when the baby is born the woman can give up the baby and live her life...without killing another human being.......
I'm going to spin this---men masturbate. This is a needless waste of life-giving sperm--it's bloody damn murder!. Those spermies are potential babies, and they all have a man's DNA. I think we should ban male masturbating. If you masturbate, you will go to jail for mass murder. A woman cannot get pregnant without sperm and sperm must come from a donor. Therefore, to hold only one party libel is discrimination. If men can masturbate, women can choose abortion. Oh, sperm does not have a heartbeat... or do they? Hmm... If it can swim, can it not also feel? It is physically active! Save the babies!! Stop masturbating!!

Look, more lib "science"! And you lackwits wonder why we keep saying you're stupid.

Remedial biology class. Look into it.

All too often, poor women have to choose between the children they have and the child they might have.

But as it appears, your "pro choice" rhetoric has a great influence over that. Imposing a sense of helplessness on the woman. "You're poor. You can't afford another baby, have an abortion, you have the choice!" Doesn't sound like much of a choice to me. You also impose the sense that not all life is important.

That's because it isn't human life, it is the potential for human life. There is no proof or guarantee that the fetus will ever be a human life because 1/3 of all fetuses are not even viable and spontaneously abort.

That's why women don't generally tell people they are pregnant until after the first trimester has passed.

What women are YOU talking to? Every woman I personally know tells people as soon as she knows she's pregnant. My daughter's pregnant right now, and started telling people when she was about five weeks, which is when she found out.

Most people I know might tell their mother's as soon as they know, but not "everyone" - my coworker has multiple grandchildren, but the news wasn't spread until later, when they were sure it had taken.

Most people I know might tell their mother's as soon as they know, but not "everyone" - my coworker has multiple grandchildren, but the news wasn't spread until later, when they were sure it had taken.

Well, I don't know anything about your co-worker's family. It's possible they've had previous miscarriages. I've known one or two women in the past who've had trouble carrying, and somehow felt they would "jinx" the pregnancy by speaking too soon. Most of the women I know, though, don't have that problem, and are eager to share the good news as soon as it's confirmed.

No, we equate life with the ability of the fetus to survive outside the womb.

Us "already born" folks constitute a heartbeat with life, yet, when you hear the heartbeat of the fetus, it's still deader than a doorknob.

Then logically women who have abortions should go to prison for life shouldn't they?

You have to be insane to believe that abortion was murder but no one should get punished for it.

Why kind of a demented ghoul are you?

No, we equate life with the ability of the fetus to survive outside the womb.

Us "already born" folks constitute a heartbeat with life, yet, when you hear the heartbeat of the fetus, it's still deader than a doorknob.

I agree with you on 3 things TK,

1. the fetus can have a heartbeat

2. the fetus has human DNA

3. but the fetus is not actually a person and should not be treated so under the law.

Eh?

You know once the fetus is legally given personhood, abortion automatically becomes murder. Automatically the killing of a fetus would be equal to the killing of you or me,

no changes in the law would have to be made.

So what about answering my question. Can you be charged with murder then for killing a fetus? Stop running away and address the question. If it's not a life, how can anyone killing it be murder?

Courts are finding a way to thread the needle.

Courts Split Abortion and Fetus Murder

That isn't the point of the question. Dragonlady apparently gets it since she keeps running away and hiding from it.

Her argument is that a baby isn't a human, it's a potential human. If that's the case, no one else could be charged with murder either.

Even when liberals are right, it's always for the wrong reason. Government has no legitimate power to force a woman to carry a baby to term, that is why abortion should be legal. Not because the fetus isn't a human, which isn't true.

Liberals group think a position then justify it, which is why every standard you claim to hold you contradict on other issues

I love the dementia of conservatives like kaz who even though they agree with liberals on abortion, they come in and argue with the liberals.

I know, I know, The View is nothing more than a liberal echo chamber, but Carly Fiorina chose to jump into the lions den despite that fact. In a feature segment involving Fiorina, Whoopi Goldberg during the segment decided to ambush the former Hewlett-Packard CEO with a rather pointed question on the issue of abortion, while also questioning her Christian values..

“Are you going to run as a person who’s going to govern for everyone, or are you running on your Christian beliefs?” Goldberg asked. “Because you said some wonderful things and it made me beg the question ... if you feel that women should have the choices ... why do you think choice is not a good thing?”

Fiorina promptly flattened Goldberg with an equally pointed and scientific answer.

“Well, look abortion is obviously a very delicate subject, she replied. "I happen to believe that science is proving us right. The DNA in a zygote is the same as the DNA the day you die, we do have common ground on this issue now.”

“The majority of women, the majority of young people, the majority of Americans now think that late-term abortion for any reason at all is a problem,” Fiorina continued. “So what I say is, let’s go find that common ground.”

A California Republican - "a late-term abortion for any reason is a problem" Notice she doesn't talk about banning late terms. Sometime we don't know about major deformities or birth defects until the 20th week.

Reagan was the same way because he probably had to pay for a few back in his acting days.

I support getting a second doctor to sign off on late-terms. There are serious quality of life considerations with regard to prenatal testing and health issues.

Plan B, first term = nobody's business. Leave it alone, get out of the way.

And I'd hardly say she "flattened" Goldberg. They had an honest and productive discussion. WTF is wrong with you?

Then logically women who have abortions should go to prison for life shouldn't they?

According to your logic perhaps. Don't put words in my mouth.

You have to be insane to believe that abortion was murder but no one should get punished for it.

Institutionalized murder. Think about it, that's legal.

What kind of a demented ghoul are you?

None of the sort. What kind of desperate spin doctor are you?

Last edited:

Courts are finding a way to thread the needle.

Courts Split Abortion and Fetus Murder

That isn't the point of the question. Dragonlady apparently gets it since she keeps running away and hiding from it.

Her argument is that a baby isn't a human, it's a potential human. If that's the case, no one else could be charged with murder either.

Even when liberals are right, it's always for the wrong reason. Government has no legitimate power to force a woman to carry a baby to term, that is why abortion should be legal. Not because the fetus isn't a human, which isn't true.

Liberals group think a position then justify it, which is why every standard you claim to hold you contradict on other issues

I love the dementia of conservatives like kaz who even though they agree with liberals on abortion, they come in and argue with the liberals.

Because not everyone who agrees with liberals has to agree with you, Carbine.

You know once the fetus is legally given personhood, abortion automatically becomes murder.

What makes you think that? Liberals already want to grant personhood to Chimpanzees. Remember that case in New York? You want to give personhood to animals but not to an unborn child. Your twisted logic continues to astound me.

You know once the fetus is legally given personhood, abortion automatically becomes murder.

What makes you think that? Liberals already want to grant personhood to Chimpanzees. Remember that case in New York? You want to give personhood to animals but not to an unborn child. Your twisted logic continues to astound me.

Of course it would. And why wouldn't you want it to?

We don't have separate classes of persons when it comes to murder do we?

According to your logic perhaps. Don't put words in my mouth.

Institutionalized murder. Think about it, that's legal.

What kind of a demented ghoul are you?

None of the sort. What kind of desperate spin doctor are you?

What logic says that a fetus is no different than you or me but it shouldn't be murder to kill one.

Forum List

Back