Not So Fast Barry

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
The president talked tough today regarding the failed Christmas Day bomber.

Will he now come back and admit the equally grievous errors that resulted in 13 innocent deaths at Ft. Hood? From CBC News...

___

Fort Hood Intel Lapse Mirrors Detroit Case

Exclusive: FBI and Pentagon Missed Red Flag that Hasan Was E-mailing Qaeda Cleric, Who's also Linked to Abdulmutallab

Less than a month after major Nidal Hasan allegedly killed 13 people at Fort Hood, Texas, the Pentagon's top intelligence officer sent the White House a report detailing an earlier failure to connect the dots. It reads like a dress rehearsal for the Detroit bomber case, reports CBS News chief national security correspondent David Martin.

The radical cleric with ties to the Detroit bomber is also linked to the Fort Hood suspect. Their e-mail exchanges are at the heart of another apparent failure by the intelligence community

___

Full article here:

Fort Hood Intel Lapse Mirrors Detroit Case - CBS Evening News - CBS News

President Obama took FULL responsibility for the failures today. Which is something President Bush NEVER did for th attacks on 9/11. Yet here you are now wanting MORE from Obama while all the while giving Bush a pass? Just how partisan can you be?

I am not surprised. In the olden days a good scretary took down a good message. It was that easy, call up, write down the caller, pass on to the boss, nothing secret in that. Now look at it. we have cell phones, fax machines, and a mail system that won't deliver when it snows too hard. I knew there was reason I retired. I can't handle it, fast talking and fast cars, I prefer the simple life, a few pop pops once in awhile don't hurt me none. I'll take flip flop sandles over a flip flop president any day. I wish that Kerry had been hired. I heard a woman say recently that Obam-a has nice skin. Really? And what should we attribute that to? A good ol bar of Ivory coast soap? Me I got dry skin, so bad I feel like I am molting here. Nobody ever says Flew has nice skin because its dry.

Peace

Flying over the crazy nest

Will he also take full responsibility for the Fort Hood shootings that killed 13 innocents?

Bush did not have the luxury of a post 9/11 world to learn from prior to the events on September 11th. Obama does - and yet, he consistently treated a threat as we did prior to 9/11. It was both arrogant, and ignorant - to say nothing of dangerous.

And now CBS reports that just as mistakes were made surrounding the near-disaster that was the Christmas Day bomber, so too were clear dangers ignored prior to the Fort Hood disaster. The seeming atmosphere of complacancy came from the White House down, and permeated our security agencies, who not only became complacent, but also working under fear of prosecution if doing their job was deemed too harsh, or politically incorrect.

Yes, Obama owns this environment of dangerous complacency and on-the-job uncertainty.

He gave a half-hearted speech of ownership for the Christmas Day bomber. Now we await his words regarding the screw ups that led to the deaths of 13 innocents at Fort Hood.
___

Exclusive: FBI and Pentagon Missed Red Flag that Hasan Was E-mailing Qaeda Cleric, Who's also Linked to Abdulmutallab

Less than a month after major Nidal Hasan allegedly killed 13 people at Fort Hood, Texas, the Pentagon's top intelligence officer sent the White House a report detailing an earlier failure to connect the dots. It reads like a dress rehearsal for the Detroit bomber case, reports CBS News chief national security correspondent David Martin.

The radical cleric with ties to the Detroit bomber is also linked to the Fort Hood suspect. Their e-mail exchanges are at the heart of another apparent failure by the intelligence community.

Last edited:
I hope that all the problems that can be fixed are fixed. The rest is history and we can't do anything about it, except learn from it. I am hopeful that will happen.
I still wish he would fire janet, but if he keeps her around and she makes herself look foolish again, it will only make him look more foolish.
I was impressed by his speech, and the fact that he did take responsibility.
How long has it been since one of our leaders has taken responsibility for anything?
That is refreshing. I believe he is serious about 'fixing' the problems and tightening up the system.

I hope that all the problems that can be fixed are fixed. The rest is history and we can't do anything about it, except learn from it. I am hopeful that will happen.
____

Hope won't stop terrorists kiddo.

And unless this administration starts taking the job of protection far more serious than they appeared to have done so in the first year, there is going to be tragedy.

It was not long ago that the the administration was stating the "system worked" and Obama himself, when he did get around to speaking to the issue (very briefly) declared it the act of a lone radical.

Now they are all singing a much different tune.

On-the-job training scares me when the stakes are so high...

Lehman: Clueless Obama

After watching President Obama’s remarks on national security this afternoon, John Lehman, the secretary of the Navy in the Reagan administration and a member of the 9/11 Commission, tells National Review Online that, “frankly, I’m pissed off.”

...“President Obama continues to totally ignore one of the important thrusts of our 9/11 recommendations, which is that you have to approach counterterrorism as a multiagency intelligence issue, and not as a law-enforcement issue. He’s made a lot of commission’s members angry for dismissing our report and ignoring key recommendations.” Obama, he adds, has taken a “lawyer-like, politically-correct approach” to national security issues like terrorist watchlists and no-fly lists. “You got to blame the president for enforcing the politically-correct and legalistic policies that led to these failures.”

Lehman: Clueless Obama - Robert Costa - The Corner on National Review Online

President Obama took FULL responsibility for the failures today. Which is something President Bush NEVER did for th attacks on 9/11. Yet here you are now wanting MORE from Obama while all the while giving Bush a pass? Just how partisan can you be?

Whup, the old "But Bush" defense.
Bush is history. Get over it.

WHat does it mean he "took full responsibility for it"?? If it happens again he will resign? He will have his pay docked for the survivors?
In business if someone screws up big time he generally gets fired if he was fully responsible for the event. In government it seems one only gets accolade for "taking responsibility." There is no downside.

WHat does it mean he "took full responsibility for it"?? If it happens again he will resign? He will have his pay docked for the survivors?
In business if someone screws up big time he generally gets fired if he was fully responsible for the event. In government it seems one only gets accolade for "taking responsibility." There is no downside.

Personally, I could give a rat's ass about Bush. I only do what I can to point out your hypocrisy. You guys are all full of it.

Personally, I could give a rat's ass about Bush. I only do what I can to point out your hypocrisy. You guys are all full of it.

So the idea that someone can "take full responsibility" without taking the blame doesn't bother you. The idea that Obama screwed up and allowed this to happen doesn;t bother you.
The only thing that bothers you is that some people are somewhat supportive of former President Bush. That bothers you.
I think there is medication for this condition.

Bush had no cause to accept responsibility for 9-11. See below.

Aside:
Should our President in 1941 have taken responsibility for the attack on Pearl Harbor?

It's not hypocrisy. It's apples and oranges. The bar was reset on 9-11-01.

So the idea that someone can "take full responsibility" without taking the blame doesn't bother you. The idea that Obama screwed up and allowed this to happen doesn;t bother you.
The only thing that bothers you is that some people are somewhat supportive of former President Bush. That bothers you.
I think there is medication for this condition.
It's called reality.

No...we are not full of it.
You just fall for it.

Listen to his speech again my dear. He blamed everyone...then no one...then the system.
ANd then he took the high road and said that it is his responsibility, (no shit Sherlock...you are the President)

And you fell for it. You heard him take the blame.

LMAO...pathetic.

____

Hope won't stop terrorists kiddo.

And unless this administration starts taking the job of protection far more serious than they appeared to have done so in the first year, there is going to be tragedy.

It was not long ago that the the administration was stating the "system worked" and Obama himself, when he did get around to speaking to the issue (very briefly) declared it the act of a lone radical.

Now they are all singing a much different tune.

On-the-job training scares me when the stakes are so high...

You are right, I should have said I hope "this administration starts taking the job of protection far more serious than they appeared to have done so in the first year".
you said it best, so i used your words.
without hope, everything fails because without hope nothing gets done.
We always need hope, those without it always fail.

No...we are not full of it.
You just fall for it.

Listen to his speech again my dear. He blamed everyone...then no one...then the system.
ANd then he took the high road and said that it is his responsibility,
(no shit Sherlock...you are the President)

And you fell for it. You heard him take the blame.

LMAO...pathetic.

____

Yes - his acceptance of blame was much qualified with first placing blame on everyone else but himself....

Holder wants to prosecute CIA members and barry hasn't stopped him from trying, you can forget the intell services sticking their necks out under this POTUS.

In short, if you are waiting for spies to catch trrorists, good luck, the odds are low of that happening.

Holder wants to prosecute CIA members and barry hasn't stopped him from trying, you can forget the intell services sticking their necks out under this POTUS.
In short, if you are waiting for spies to catch trrorists, good luck, the odds are low of that happening.

Great point - the environment of watch-your-back against our intell services was initiated by this administration - and continues to be.

Great point - the environment of watch-your-back against our intell services was initiated by this administration - and continues to be.

It doesn't help that Barry apionted an incompitent fool to run homeland security either.

'The system worked'.

napolitano004.jpg

It doesn't help that Barry apionted an incompitent fool to run homeland security either.

'The system worked'.

napolitano004.jpg

I believe she cut her teeth on the Anita Hill fiasco - she is yet another hideous looking feminist of a bygone era...

The president talked tough today regarding the failed Christmas Day bomber.

Will he now come back and admit the equally grievous errors that resulted in 13 innocent deaths at Ft. Hood? From CBC News...

___

The radical cleric with ties to the Detroit bomber is also linked to the Fort Hood suspect. Their e-mail exchanges are at the heart of another apparent failure by the intelligence community

___

Full article here:

Sorry, that was was a blunder but not president Obama's.

Forum List

Back