Not just wrong, but downright evil

Discussion in 'Media' started by ScreamingEagle, Oct 22, 2009.

1. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    When Phelim Mcaleer pointed out the inconvenient fact from his documentary "Not Evil, Just Wrong," that there are more polar bears today – not less – contrary to Al Gore's documentary, Gore responded by … cutting off his microphone.

That's what the Obama administration is trying to do to us, and I would make the case that what's going on today isn't just wrong, it's downright evil.

Not just wrong, but downright evil

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Someone named their kid Phlegm?

Now that should be illegal.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,328
    Today's polar bears are facing the rapid loss of the sea-ice habitat that they rely on to hunt, breed, and, in some cases, to den. Last summer alone, the melt-off in the Arctic was equal to the size of Alaska, Texas, and the state of Washington combined—a shrinkage that was not predicted to happen until 2040. The loss of Arctic sea ice has resulted in a shorter hunting season for the bears, which has led to a scientifically documented decline in the best-studied population, Western Hudson Bay, and predictions of decline in the second best-studied population, the Southern Beaufort Sea.

Both populations are considered representative of what will likely occur in other polar bear populations should these warming trends continue. The Western Hudson Bay population has dropped by 22% since 1987. The Southern Beaufort Sea bears are showing the same signs of stress the Western Hudson Bay bears did before they crashed, including smaller adults and fewer yearling bears.

4. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Yes, assuming it's true (which I don't, really) it's called "evolution". That's one of the leftartds' most favoritist theories. However, if you support evolution as natural and inevitable, and you support things like "population" and "retardation" and sometimes "thought" control, you must be escstatic over being able to witness such an extraordinary event! Evolution in action!

Part of evolution is when animals/plants/insects and sometimes theories, die out when they are no longer sustainable, and do not have the diversity to maitain a viable population.

How exciting! You all must be so pleased to see your cherished theory being enacted, during YOUR lifetime!

5. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,029
    you should post the link to that.

here's one that disagrees with yours

Federal Polar Bear Research Critically Flawed, Forecasting Expert Asserts

HMM polar bear population forecasting methods are not scientifically supported but yet you quote them as gospel.

6. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,106
    You know, except for the sarcasm and the control thing, this is not at all off base. More species of animals have gone extinct than currently live on the planet. It's normal. I'm okay with it... Well, I don't get all worked up over it anyway. I'd rather have polar bears than not. Ultimately, however, if I come face to face with a polar bear with no control or restraint on the bear, and if I think the bear is going to attack, I will kill it if able.

I wonder if all those who are so concerned with the fate of the polar bear would not fight for their lives if found in such circumstances...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,328
    I'm with you Skull pilot....Fuck the polar bears

8. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,029
    when did I say that?

And what is it with you libby moonbats putting words into the mouths of people who do nothing other than point out that the data you used is flawed.

Am I supposed to just believe you?

I thought this was supposed to be scientific and unbiased with repeatable results so as to establish a working theory then to prove that theory.

I just showed you that an expert in his field stated that the population studies were not scientifically supported and you take that as me saying "Fuck the polar bears"

I guess you and your ilk only support the science that agrees with you particular world view.

So fuck you.

9. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,328
    Come on Skull...fess up

You enjoy a polar bear burger as well as the next guy

10. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,029
    believe it or not I am a card carrying member of the Sierra Club, WSPA and I contribute via monthly checking account draft to the ASPCA

I have also donate regularly to Defenders of Wildlife and the World Wildlife Fund

So again I say, Fuck You.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009