Not just wrong, but downright evil

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
When Phelim Mcaleer pointed out the inconvenient fact from his documentary "Not Evil, Just Wrong," that there are more polar bears today – not less – contrary to Al Gore's documentary, Gore responded by … cutting off his microphone.

That's what the Obama administration is trying to do to us, and I would make the case that what's going on today isn't just wrong, it's downright evil.

Not just wrong, but downright evil

Today's polar bears are facing the rapid loss of the sea-ice habitat that they rely on to hunt, breed, and, in some cases, to den. Last summer alone, the melt-off in the Arctic was equal to the size of Alaska, Texas, and the state of Washington combined—a shrinkage that was not predicted to happen until 2040. The loss of Arctic sea ice has resulted in a shorter hunting season for the bears, which has led to a scientifically documented decline in the best-studied population, Western Hudson Bay, and predictions of decline in the second best-studied population, the Southern Beaufort Sea.

Both populations are considered representative of what will likely occur in other polar bear populations should these warming trends continue. The Western Hudson Bay population has dropped by 22% since 1987. The Southern Beaufort Sea bears are showing the same signs of stress the Western Hudson Bay bears did before they crashed, including smaller adults and fewer yearling bears.

Yes, assuming it's true (which I don't, really) it's called "evolution". That's one of the leftartds' most favoritist theories. However, if you support evolution as natural and inevitable, and you support things like "population" and "retardation" and sometimes "thought" control, you must be escstatic over being able to witness such an extraordinary event! Evolution in action!

Part of evolution is when animals/plants/insects and sometimes theories, die out when they are no longer sustainable, and do not have the diversity to maitain a viable population.

How exciting! You all must be so pleased to see your cherished theory being enacted, during YOUR lifetime!

Today's polar bears are facing the rapid loss of the sea-ice habitat that they rely on to hunt, breed, and, in some cases, to den. Last summer alone, the melt-off in the Arctic was equal to the size of Alaska, Texas, and the state of Washington combined—a shrinkage that was not predicted to happen until 2040. The loss of Arctic sea ice has resulted in a shorter hunting season for the bears, which has led to a scientifically documented decline in the best-studied population, Western Hudson Bay, and predictions of decline in the second best-studied population, the Southern Beaufort Sea.

Both populations are considered representative of what will likely occur in other polar bear populations should these warming trends continue. The Western Hudson Bay population has dropped by 22% since 1987. The Southern Beaufort Sea bears are showing the same signs of stress the Western Hudson Bay bears did before they crashed, including smaller adults and fewer yearling bears.

you should post the link to that.

here's one that disagrees with yours

Federal Polar Bear Research Critically Flawed, Forecasting Expert Asserts

Research done by the U.S. Department of the Interior to determine if global warming threatens the polar bear population is so flawed that it cannot be used to justify listing the polar bear as an endangered species, according to a study being published later this year in Interfaces, a journal of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences....

Professor J. Scott Armstrong of the Wharton School says, “To list a species that is currently in good health as an endangered species requires valid forecasts that its population would decline to levels that threaten its viability. In fact, the polar bear populations have been increasing rapidly in recent decades due to hunting restrictions. Assuming these restrictions remain, the most appropriate forecast is to assume that the upward trend would continue for a few years, then level off..

These studies are meant to inform the US Fish and Wildlife Service about listing the polar bear as endangered. After careful examination, my co-authors and I were unable to find any references to works providing evidence that the forecasting methods used in the reports had been previously validated. In essence, they give no scientific basis for deciding one way or the other about the polar bear.”..
Prof. Armstrong and his colleagues concluded that the most relevant study, Amstrup et al. properly applied only 15% of relevant forecasting principles and that the second study, Hunter et al. only 10%, while 46% were clearly contravened and 23% were apparently contravened.

Further, they write, the Geologic Survey reports do not adequately substantiate the authors’ assumptions about changes to sea ice and polar bears’ ability to adapt that are key to the recommendations.

Therefore, the authors write, a key feature of the U.S. Geological Survey reports is not scientifically supported.

HMM polar bear population forecasting methods are not scientifically supported but yet you quote them as gospel.

Yes, assuming it's true (which I don't, really) it's called "evolution". That's one of the leftartds' most favoritist theories. However, if you support evolution as natural and inevitable, and you support things like "population" and "retardation" and sometimes "thought" control, you must be escstatic over being able to witness such an extraordinary event! Evolution in action!

Part of evolution is when animals/plants/insects and sometimes theories, die out when they are no longer sustainable, and do not have the diversity to maitain a viable population.

How exciting! You all must be so pleased to see your cherished theory being enacted, during YOUR lifetime!

You know, except for the sarcasm and the control thing, this is not at all off base. More species of animals have gone extinct than currently live on the planet. It's normal. I'm okay with it... Well, I don't get all worked up over it anyway. I'd rather have polar bears than not. Ultimately, however, if I come face to face with a polar bear with no control or restraint on the bear, and if I think the bear is going to attack, I will kill it if able.

I wonder if all those who are so concerned with the fate of the polar bear would not fight for their lives if found in such circumstances...

I'm with you Skull pilot....Fuck the polar bears

when did I say that?

And what is it with you libby moonbats putting words into the mouths of people who do nothing other than point out that the data you used is flawed.

Am I supposed to just believe you?

I thought this was supposed to be scientific and unbiased with repeatable results so as to establish a working theory then to prove that theory.

I just showed you that an expert in his field stated that the population studies were not scientifically supported and you take that as me saying "Fuck the polar bears"

I guess you and your ilk only support the science that agrees with you particular world view.

So fuck you.

when did I say that?

And what is it with you libby moonbats putting words into the mouths of people who do nothing other than point out that the data you used is flawed.

I thought this was supposed to be scientific and unbiased with repeatable results so as to establish a working theory then to prove that theory.

I just showed you that an expert in his field stated that the population studies were not scientifically supported and you take that as me saying "Fuck the polar bears"

I guess you and your ilk only support the science that agrees with you particular world view.

So fuck you.

Come on Skull...fess up

You enjoy a polar bear burger as well as the next guy

when did I say that?

So fuck you.

Come on Skull...fess up

You enjoy a polar bear burger as well as the next guy

believe it or not I am a card carrying member of the Sierra Club, WSPA and I contribute via monthly checking account draft to the ASPCA

I have also donate regularly to Defenders of Wildlife and the World Wildlife Fund

So again I say, Fuck You.

Last edited:
As with all ranting and raving and gnashing of teeth from global climate change deniers there is always a truth that is someplace other than in front of them. I've never understood how people, who know as much about climate as they do about particle physics, are so positive there is noting to GW. Nothing wrong with cleaning up the earth, if wrong we did some good, if right we did some great.

AFP: Global warming leaving its mark on polar bears

Person who told the impolite man to sit down.

SEJ 2009 Annual Conference: Polar bears? Censorship? Al Gore, Phelim McAleer Joust at Enviro Journalism Conference

You know, except for the sarcasm and the control thing, this is not at all off base. More species of animals have gone extinct than currently live on the planet. It's normal. I'm okay with it... Well, I don't get all worked up over it anyway. I'd rather have polar bears than not. Ultimately, however, if I come face to face with a polar bear with no control or restraint on the bear, and if I think the bear is going to attack, I will kill it if able.

I wonder if all those who are so concerned with the fate of the polar bear would not fight for their lives if found in such circumstances...

Specialized animals either evolve or die out. It's what happened to the saber tooths and all that good stuff.

And I'm never more than 50 percent wrong.

Occasionally 75 percent wrong. Like when I misspell ecstatic because I'm so busy laughing at myself.

Forum List

Back