White House Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The Obama administration on Thursday tried to make "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg available for interviews to every member of the White House pool except Fox News. But the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks decided that none of their reporters would interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included.

The Obama administration on Thursday failed in its attempt to manipulate other news networks into isolating and excluding Fox News, as Republicans on Capitol Hill stepped up their criticism of the hardball tactics employed by the White House.

The Obama administration on Thursday tried to make "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg available for interviews to every member of the White House pool except Fox News. The pool is the five-network rotation that for decades has shared the costs and duties of daily coverage of the presidency.

But the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks consulted and decided that none of their reporters would interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included.

The administration relented, making Feinberg available for all five pool members and Bloomberg TV.

White House Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview - Political News - FOXNews.com

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

war on Fox News ain't going well either.

This is a good thing as it proves that the other news networks are not in Obama's pocket as many have asserted.

Score one for the fourth estate.

Huh... Imagine that?

Abuse of power was rejected by those who were temporarily enjoying the benefits of that abuse...

My guess is that they recognized some sort of principle being rejected there and didn't want to set themselves up as a legitimate target; by legitimizing the abuse.

A stunningly illustration of uncommon foresight... given the players and their history.

I wonder if there's anything that can be learned from this one? :eusa_whistle:

Good for them. It's about time they nutted up and said no to these fuckin' guys.
If they allow these guys to do it to fox, they know it could be them the next time they don't fall in line for this admin.

Good for them. It's about time they nutted up and said no to these fuckin' guys.
If they allow these guys to do it to fox, they know it could be them the next time they don't fall in line for this admin.

an "except for the grace of god go I" kinda moment. I know the lunatic left's heads are about to explode. They sure wanted to bring down Fox News!

The Obama administration on Thursday tried to make "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg available for interviews to every member of the White House pool except Fox News. But the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks decided that none of their reporters would interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included.

The Obama administration on Thursday failed in its attempt to manipulate other news networks into isolating and excluding Fox News, as Republicans on Capitol Hill stepped up their criticism of the hardball tactics employed by the White House.

The Obama administration on Thursday tried to make "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg available for interviews to every member of the White House pool except Fox News. The pool is the five-network rotation that for decades has shared the costs and duties of daily coverage of the presidency.

But the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks consulted and decided that none of their reporters would interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included.

The administration relented, making Feinberg available for all five pool members and Bloomberg TV.

White House Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview - Political News - FOXNews.com

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

war on Fox News ain't going well either.

Even the liberal cheer leading networks don't like it when one in their profession is attacked, they don't want to be controlled either. " It's that freedom of the press," thing and it will eventually get them all riled up. You don't let government dictate what's being reported and what's not, when you do, you lose your freedom. That Chicago style of politics might have worked in Chicago but it won't work for the nation.:lol::lol:

an "except for the grace of god go I" kinda moment. I know the lunatic left's heads are about to explode. They sure wanted to bring down Fox News!

I can't wait to see the next move by these clowns in Washington. You just know it's going to be another clusterfuck, but to what degree?:lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back