North Korean defector describes 'life of hell' for Christians

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
No surprise there, Christians are being persecuted around the world but noone cares as their isn't a selfie opportunity.

North Korean Choi Kwanghyuk is one of the lucky ones.

The 55-year-old managed to escape from the work camp where he was sent after being targeted and persecuted by the government for his Christian faith.

“We couldn’t raise our voice during a service, we couldn’t sing out loud during a worship … that was hard,” Choi told Fox News through a translator. “Also, we had to hide so that other people could not see us.”

Despite having to hide his faith in plain sight while living in North Hamgyong province, Choi was still compelled to bring religion to others when he started an underground church.

“There were about nine people,” he said. “I couldn’t do mission work because we had to keep it secret that we had a church.”

“If that information had leaked, we could have faced the death penalty.”

No surprise there, Christians are being persecuted around the world but noone cares as their isn't a selfie opportunity.

North Korean Choi Kwanghyuk is one of the lucky ones.

The 55-year-old managed to escape from the work camp where he was sent after being targeted and persecuted by the government for his Christian faith.

“We couldn’t raise our voice during a service, we couldn’t sing out loud during a worship … that was hard,” Choi told Fox News through a translator. “Also, we had to hide so that other people could not see us.”

Despite having to hide his faith in plain sight while living in North Hamgyong province, Choi was still compelled to bring religion to others when he started an underground church.

“There were about nine people,” he said. “I couldn’t do mission work because we had to keep it secret that we had a church.”

“If that information had leaked, we could have faced the death penalty.”
N. Korean, Muslims, Democrats, Liberals, Progressives,......they all hate and want to kill Christians.

Life is hell for everyone in N.Korea. That's why there are sanctions on N.Korea.

You act Christians are the only ones suffering in NK.

People from all kinds of backgrounds are suffering around the world.

Last edited:
The point is not that Christians are suffering just like everyone else; the point is that Christians are suffering more BECAUSE THEY ARE CHRISTIANS.

Life is hell for everyone in N.Korea. That's why there safe sanctions on N.Korea.

You don’t know what you’re talking about, the transgender that is little Kim is all bark and no bite… LOL

Life is hell for everyone in N.Korea. That's why there safe sanctions on N.Korea.

Your objectivity is clouded, you are an open supporter of the resistance. I want you to be aware I always take this into consideration when I read your posts.

Of course there are people everywhere being persecuted, but you hear of it don't you? We heard about people fleeing danger in Syria, we heard of Rohingya right? I have no problem with this as abuses need a spotlight and they deserve to have their voices heard, but so do Christians.

Does anyone her about the destruction of churches in China? Or the near extinction of Christianity in some middle eastern nations? He is calling it like it is, how HE experienced it in N Korea.

Your objectivity is clouded, you are an open supporter of the resistance. I want you to be aware I always take this into consideration when I read your posts.

Of course there are people everywhere being persecuted, but you hear of it don't you? We heard about people fleeing danger in Syria, we heard of Rohingya right? I have no problem with this as abuses need a spotlight and they deserve to have their voices heard, but so do Christians.

Does anyone her about the destruction of churches in China? Or the near extinction of Christianity in some middle eastern nations? He is calling it like it is, how HE experienced it in N Korea.

Again there is suffering from people around the world. Funny you mentioned Christians in China but you didn't mention the abuse against Muslims in China as well. Where they force feed people during Ramadan. China has a poor human rights record when it comes to all religious groups. They are communist.

Christians are suffering, Muslims are suffering, Jewish people are suffering and even atheist are persecuted.

My point is you conservatives like to act like Christians are being specifically targeted and every other religious group is untouched.

Again there is suffering from people around the world. Funny you mentioned Christians in China but you didn't mention the abuse against Muslims in China as well. Where they force feed people during Ramadan. China has a poor human rights record when it comes to all religious groups. They are communist.

Christians are suffering, Muslims are suffering, Jewish people are suffering and even atheist are persecuted.

My point is you conservatives like to act like Christians are being specifically targeted and every other religious group is untouched.
Christianity is not a religion it is a faith… Dumbass

Forum List

Back