North Korea agrees to curb nuclear work and missle testing

Time will tell what this will cost the American Taxpayer.

It was what, 7 Billion last time.

Anyone think NK does anything for nothing??

What does it cost the US Taxpayer to keep a military force on high alert for 60 years?

So the cost of preventing a 9/11 style disaster in South Korea wasn't appropriate to you?

I suppose that's a fair position to hold but its hardly justification for blindly trusting a country that has done nothing but deceive us for the past half century.

So glad that Seoul never had to suffer 9/11. Call me selfish but I would have rather had New York and DC never suffer it.

Here's my prediction;

Billions more american taxpayer dollars will get spent on food, the food will be given to the North Korean gov't to send out to it's ppl, the food won't get to the ppl.

So, once again, like what always happens, billions of american taxpayer dollars will be wasted on foreign soil with zero gain to the american taxpayer.

Sure it does. You guys are amazingly naive.

Time will tell what this will cost the American Taxpayer.

It was what, 7 Billion last time.

Anyone think NK does anything for nothing??

What does it cost the US Taxpayer to keep a military force on high alert for 60 years?

So the cost of preventing a 9/11 style disaster in South Korea wasn't appropriate to you?

I suppose that's a fair position to hold but its hardly justification for blindly trusting a country that has done nothing but deceive us for the past half century.

Sorry...but you are making no sense

9-11 style disaster? A nuclear weapon lobbed over the DMZ would kill millions not thousands

What is the risk of having given them food and have it fall apart later?

Here's my prediction;

Billions more american taxpayer dollars will get spent on food, the food will be given to the North Korean gov't to send out to it's ppl, the food won't get to the ppl.

So, once again, like what always happens, billions of american taxpayer dollars will be wasted on foreign soil with zero gain to the american taxpayer.

I have a friend who has relatives over there and he has complained for a decade that the aid is mostly consumed by the govt and used as extortion against the people.

I believe it is you who us uninformed.

Why does each and every administration keep doing this stupidity?
They make a promise, then the they get the aid and then they break the promise.

The nuclear disarmament will be verified by UN inspectors. North Korea has millions of starving people. They need food aid every day. It is not like they can take a delivery and their food problems are over

It will not go to the ones who are starving,it never does.

Sure it does. We make a treaty that involves UN inspectors. We provide food shipments every day. Inspectors verify disarmament and inspect dismantled pieces. They can also verify where the food is going.

We aren't happy.....food stops

By then, they have already smashed their reactors. The risk is more theirs than ours

9-11 style disaster? A nuclear weapon lobbed over the DMZ would kill millions not thousands

I doubt they would use a bomb like that. I have no doubt however that were we not on the border a dirty bomb would have been smuggled across and mass deaths would have been the result.

Why is the left so opposed to helping our allies?

Here's my prediction;

I'm glad you have unwavering faith in the humanitarian nature of the North Korean government.

I mean it's crazy to think their gov't would just use the food for their military, gov't officials or just sell off once they get it or hell even destroy it.

In fact it's crazy for me to even mention those things in a post about North Korea, I'm ashamed of myself for not deleting this post right now.

Last edited:

The risk is wasting billions of taxpayer dollars, but this post gives a good look as to how important that is to you.

The risk is wasting billions of taxpayer dollars, but this post gives a good look as to how important that is to you.

Really now?

Providing food to starving people in exchange for a reduced nuclear threat is a waste of taxpayers dollars.......but keeping tens of thousands of troops on high alert for 60 years isn't?

Here's my prediction;

I'm glad you have unwavering faith in the humanitarian nature of the North Korean government.

I mean it's crazy to think their gov't would just use the food for their military, gov't officials or just sell off once they get it or hell even destroy it.

In fact it's crazy for me to even mention those things in a post about North Korea, I'm ashamed of myself for not deleting this post right now.

Oh I don't.

Those provisions generally find their way to the black market..which isn't so "black" any more. They don't "destroy" it.

But at least the market has something to sell. And the people have something to eat.

Oh I don't.

Those provisions generally find their way to the black market..which isn't so "black" any more. They don't "destroy" it.

But at least the market has something to sell. And the people have something to eat.

So basically billions of american taxpayer dollars going to the north korean black market is a good thing to you?

Wouldn't spending it on something here, or gosh i dunno, a tax cut be a better use of it?

Oh I don't.

Because spending an entire weeks salary on a loaf of bread is exactly what we intended for our charity?

Give me a break

Our charity enriches the govt at the expense of the people both there and here.

Oh I don't.

So basically billions of american taxpayer dollars going to the north korean black market is a good thing to you?

Wouldn't spending it on something here, or gosh i dunno, a tax cut be a better use of it?

Given the choice between an "Iraq style" invasion of North Korea..or feeding them.

I go with the feed option..every time.

Really now?

Providing food to starving people in exchange for a reduced nuclear threat is a waste of taxpayers dollars.......but keeping tens of thousands of troops on high alert for 60 years isn't?

That's if you blindly assume they'll get the food. That's if you assume they'll follow the terms. They already have tons of nukes, who gives a damn if they get more? Our troops have no reason to be in South Korea as it is other than the military industrial complex, rest assured this treaty isn't going to bring anyone home.

Besides wouldn't you rather have those billions wasted here at home for our homeless people rather than those in North Korea?

Oh I don't.

Given the choice between an "Iraq style" invasion of North Korea..or feeding them.

I go with the feed option..every time.

If we only had those 2 options, sure, but thankfully that's not the case in the slightest.

Oh I don't.

We make a deal with North Korea

We give you food.......you disband your nuclear program

I don't give a shit what they do with their food. They can dump it in the ocean if they want

North Korea is now run by a man who went to school in Switzerland.

Another in a string of foreign policy victories for the Obama administration.

The death of Jim Jung Il by heart attack, is an Obama foreign policy victory?

You are one serious wack-a-doodle.

Forum List

Back