Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other, please advise

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Witchit

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2014
TARDIS
In the just released EIP report, North Carolina’s overall electoral integrity score of 58/100 for the 2016 election places us alongside authoritarian states and pseudo-democracies like Cuba, Indonesia and Sierra Leone. If it were a nation state, North Carolina would rank right in the middle of the global league table – a deeply flawed, partly free democracy that is only slightly ahead of the failed democracies that constitute much of the developing world.

Indeed, North Carolina does so poorly on the measures of legal framework and voter registration, that on those indicators we rank alongside Iran and Venezuela. When it comes to the integrity of the voting district boundaries no country has ever received as low a score as the 7/100 North Carolina received. North Carolina is not only the worst state in the USA for unfair districting but the worst entity in the world ever analyzed by the Electoral Integrity Project.

That North Carolina can no longer call its elections democratic is shocking enough, but our democratic decline goes beyond what happens at election time. The most respected measures of democracy — Freedom House, POLITY and the Varieties of Democracy project — all assess the degree to which the exercise of power depends on the will of the people: That is, governance is not arbitrary, it follows established rules and is based on popular legitimacy.

The extent to which North Carolina now breaches these principles means our state government can no longer be classified as a full democracy.

Read more here: North Carolina is no longer classified as a democracy

North Carolina is no longer classified as a democracy

It seems to me, conservatives are FINE with no democracy, as long as their party is in charge.

Going slow for the special!

Did.

You.

Read.

The.

Article.

Or did someone read it to you? Can you find an educated person? I know how cons feel about higher education.

Did.

You.

Read.

The.

Article.

Or did someone read it to you? Can you find an educated person? I know how cons feel about higher education.
. Still your side crying no matter how you present it.

Okay, so now that's two dudes that don't actually know how to;

1) read

2) process information.

IS THERE NO ONE ELSE?!! {/Achilles}

Did I miss something? The people of NC voted for president and the majority voted for trump? This is undemocratic how? It's just amazing how so many of you libs don't have a life. I hope meals on wheels comes by with some turkey and it's not a democrat. Merry Christmas.

{deep, cleansing breaths}

Okay, kidlets. I'll be back when you all find someone who can read and comprehend to explain this to the rest of you. Not my job, not my circus, not my monkeys.

In the just released EIP report, North Carolina’s overall electoral integrity score of 58/100 for the 2016 election places us alongside authoritarian states and pseudo-democracies like Cuba, Indonesia and Sierra Leone. If it were a nation state, North Carolina would rank right in the middle of the global league table – a deeply flawed, partly free democracy that is only slightly ahead of the failed democracies that constitute much of the developing world.

Indeed, North Carolina does so poorly on the measures of legal framework and voter registration, that on those indicators we rank alongside Iran and Venezuela. When it comes to the integrity of the voting district boundaries no country has ever received as low a score as the 7/100 North Carolina received. North Carolina is not only the worst state in the USA for unfair districting but the worst entity in the world ever analyzed by the Electoral Integrity Project.

That North Carolina can no longer call its elections democratic is shocking enough, but our democratic decline goes beyond what happens at election time. The most respected measures of democracy — Freedom House, POLITY and the Varieties of Democracy project — all assess the degree to which the exercise of power depends on the will of the people: That is, governance is not arbitrary, it follows established rules and is based on popular legitimacy.

The extent to which North Carolina now breaches these principles means our state government can no longer be classified as a full democracy.

It seems to me, conservatives are FINE with no democracy, as long as their party is in charge.

Ok they compared NC to Venezuela, stopped resding....the author is just spewing propaganda, because I'm sure he loved Chavez.

Its bullshit, the require id......awwwwewew

I will keep a running total, though. That's three of you who are in favor of that form of governance, which is NOT a democracy.

Edit: Four.

N were fine with it.
We didnt remove the filibuster, democrats did,
we didnt protest when dems won th he presidenvy, but dems for, they have tried everything going to deny Trump, and failed.

Is that the same way you feel about your cult's 5 in-pocket Justices in the USSC determining that marriage no longer extends the benefit to children involved of either a mother or father for life?

Seems your ilk was perfectly fine when their tiny oligarchy told all of America's children "no more protection for you in the marriage institution...it's now a free-for-all...good luck on your formative years!!"..

I read the article. I also google the "Electoral Integrity Project". This is literally "FAKE NEWS".

EIP is run by a bunch of LWNJ's. Wanna know where they get their funding? Here's the list of the Electoral Integrity Project's partners - and what do you know? George Soros' Open Society Foundation is prominently listed. So is the Soros-funded Sunlight Foundation.

:rofl:

Critical thinking- it is something LWNJ's lack. They prefer their "fake news" spoon fed to them!

You seem pretty confused. The conservatives won an election done in a representative republic style of government.

Do you, or do you not want a democracy? You understand a true democracy is run by referendum, right?

The least democratic part of our government is the Supreme Court. You understand that, right?

I'd be just fine with a True Democracy actually, cuz I'd win just about every way possible. In a representative republic I am forced to make a reasonable argument.

That's something you wouldn't understand.

You seem pretty confused. The conservatives won an election done in a representative republic style of government.

Do you, or do you not want a democracy? You understand a true democracy is run by referendum, right?

The least democratic part of our government is the Supreme Court. You understand that, right?

I'd be just fine with a True Democracy actually, cuz I'd win just about every way possible. In a representative republic I am forced to make a reasonable argument.

no, govenor fecal matter McCracka lost her election here in NC

no, govenor fecal matter McCracka lost her election here in NC
Let it go Pumpkin. Let it go.

I live in North Carolina snowflake OP...I have ZERO problems with our government. The only problem with the election was the democrats cheating and refusing to look at the election results that were fraught with fraud and cheating.

Did.

You.

Read.

The.

Article.

You do realize that higher education does nothing for your political acumen, right?

Do you think you are an "educated person" by any chance?

Forum List

Back