Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Not

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other, please advise

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
I will keep a running total, though. That's three of you who are in favor of that form of governance, which is NOT a democracy.

Edit: Four.
Why do you think REPUBLICans are named as such?

This nation is NOT a democracy, and the states originally were MUCH less democratic than they are today.

I'm fine with defeating Democrats by whatever means necessary, we mean to destroy you got it. Destroy as in obliterate, wipe out. Dem's are a flesh eating bacteria its time to take measures.

I live in North Carolina snowflake OP...I have ZERO problems with our government. The only problem with the election was the democrats cheating and refusing to look at the election results that were fraught with fraud and cheating.

Now who's whining?

I'm fine with defeating Democrats by whatever means necessary, we mean to destroy you got it. Destroy as in obliterate, wipe out. Dem's are a flesh eating bacteria its time to take measures.

See, more of you need to take a cue from this mucus blob and be honest. Stop pretending you're interested in western democracy, and shoot for the fascism you desire.

You are in desperate need of a psych eval.

In the just released EIP report, North Carolina’s overall electoral integrity score of 58/100 for the 2016 election places us alongside authoritarian states and pseudo-democracies like Cuba, Indonesia and Sierra Leone. If it were a nation state, North Carolina would rank right in the middle of the global league table – a deeply flawed, partly free democracy that is only slightly ahead of the failed democracies that constitute much of the developing world.

Indeed, North Carolina does so poorly on the measures of legal framework and voter registration, that on those indicators we rank alongside Iran and Venezuela. When it comes to the integrity of the voting district boundaries no country has ever received as low a score as the 7/100 North Carolina received. North Carolina is not only the worst state in the USA for unfair districting but the worst entity in the world ever analyzed by the Electoral Integrity Project.

That North Carolina can no longer call its elections democratic is shocking enough, but our democratic decline goes beyond what happens at election time. The most respected measures of democracy — Freedom House, POLITY and the Varieties of Democracy project — all assess the degree to which the exercise of power depends on the will of the people: That is, governance is not arbitrary, it follows established rules and is based on popular legitimacy.

The extent to which North Carolina now breaches these principles means our state government can no longer be classified as a full democracy.

Read more here: North Carolina is no longer classified as a democracy

North Carolina is no longer classified as a democracy

It seems to me, conservatives are FINE with no democracy, as long as their party is in charge.

Naw, we leave that kind of governing to the left wingers.

George Soros thanks the LWNJ herd for being such pliable and compliant sheeple.

george-soros-evil.jpg

obama_sheeple_drinking_glass.jpg

See, more of you need to take a cue from this mucus blob and be honest. Stop pretending you're interested in western democracy, and shoot for the fascism you desire.

You traitors will be dealt with one way or another, tissue?

We'll see if you are still laughing when we send you to a gulag. To save money we'll hire Putin to open up one of the old camps in Siberia.

In the just released EIP report, North Carolina’s overall electoral integrity score of 58/100 for the 2016 election places us alongside authoritarian states and pseudo-democracies like Cuba, Indonesia and Sierra Leone. If it were a nation state, North Carolina would rank right in the middle of the global league table – a deeply flawed, partly free democracy that is only slightly ahead of the failed democracies that constitute much of the developing world.

Indeed, North Carolina does so poorly on the measures of legal framework and voter registration, that on those indicators we rank alongside Iran and Venezuela. When it comes to the integrity of the voting district boundaries no country has ever received as low a score as the 7/100 North Carolina received. North Carolina is not only the worst state in the USA for unfair districting but the worst entity in the world ever analyzed by the Electoral Integrity Project.

That North Carolina can no longer call its elections democratic is shocking enough, but our democratic decline goes beyond what happens at election time. The most respected measures of democracy — Freedom House, POLITY and the Varieties of Democracy project — all assess the degree to which the exercise of power depends on the will of the people: That is, governance is not arbitrary, it follows established rules and is based on popular legitimacy.

The extent to which North Carolina now breaches these principles means our state government can no longer be classified as a full democracy.

It seems to me, conservatives are FINE with no democracy, as long as their party is in charge.

Well, thats a biased article, because someone claims NC does not respect democracy does not make it true. Im sure every one of the points made has a good rebuttal. meanwhile here in Democratic California where I live, there was not even a Republican senator on the ballot, just two democrats to choose between.

Oh I think we have a pretty clear diagnosis.

Trump is your daddy fool, there's a diagnosis for you. Hey what's Hillary doing these days? Ahahaha

Sounds like more Safe Space Snowflake whining. Whenever they don't get their way, the sky has fallen. I think most Americans are completely over the whiny Snowflakes.

Okay, so now that's two dudes that don't actually know how to;

1) read

2) process information.

IS THERE NO ONE ELSE?!! {/Achilles}
The information is bullshit. It declares NC scores as democratic as dictatorships. Clearly bullshit to anyone that cares to look beyond the claims of an opinion piece.

I'm from North Carolina and we would be better off if Liberal Democrat pukes would just crawl off somewhere, shrivel up and die. The government in North Carolina is just fine except for Liberal Progressive pukes in control of most of the cities. Secondly the State doesn't allow for referendums unless petitions are circulated. Then when the majority votes against the Liberal pukes they go ahead and do what they want anyhow. In Charlotte we have an uptown coliseum everyone voted against and a county light rail system nobody wanted and voted against, both after petitions and referendums. So Goddamned liberals can either kiss my Tar Heel or have it tromp on their scrawny necks. Conservatives are in charge now and Trump is rampant, y'all.

When I clicked on your link and the News And Observer popped up, I started puking and almost got the dry heaves. That's nothing but a yellow journalism Communust rag and good North Carolinians keep a supply of them in every outhouse.

Forum List

Back