Norquist says he'll go after pledge-breakers

Who the fuck elected Grover for any position anyway and why are the GOP scared shitless of him?

really, who the fuck elected Warren Buffet where he gets his own rule from the Democrat party?

George Soros would be a better example!

Warren Buffet is highly respected as an amazing investor and self-made billionaire by both the right and the left. Prior to the last two election the right held him out in high regards, his support for Obama turned off the right a ton, but his business achievements are still envied by the right (as well as the left).

Buffet is different than Grover. Buffet doesn't run a Super-PAC and I never heard him threaten a leftist politician for not being a partisan hack!

I for one was upset with how much support he gave Obama, which increased Obama's creditability, but I still admire what Buffet has done!

another false comparison. soros' contributions are mimimal... the president's five largest contributors gave about 2 million each... you want to compare that to what romney's top donor's gave?

soros is a rightwing beacon on which to focus their wish that no one give money to democrats.

i don't see soros demanding any signed agreement that he will then use to primary people. in fact, i seem to recall quite a number of blue dog democrats who are in the house of representatives.

I have no doubt the dems will blame the corporations and wealthy for the fiscal cliff economic problems, then tax them at FDR and Eisenhower rates to punish them

The issue is that the people will tell the corporations and wealthy what to do, not the other way.
Here's a better idea.

Instead of cutting a deal that increases some taxes, the Democrats tell the Norquist Republicans to take a hike and let the Bush tax cuts expire, causing taxes to increase even more than they would have had they cut a deal.

Then, the Democrats can come back a few months later and propose their own set of tax cuts and see if the Republicans block the new package of tax cuts pass because they don't include tax cuts for the wealthy.

there is talk that such a scenario is very much a possibility. the flip side is that repub lawmakers wouldn't have to vote for tax increases so would be off the hook.

Not true Jill. Just like the business world prepared for Obamacare not being overturned, so are they preparing for a fall off the cliff. The scenarios and actions they take will be devastating to the economy. Everyone will get blame and no one will be off the hook!

No, they don't. In this country everyone, and that means everyone, has the right to attempt to influence their government. I think Norquist is wrong, but he has the right to put forth his position and to pull together a coalition to support people who will assist him. You have the same right.

really? you get to influence the government the way grover the lobbyist does? you think your voice is equal to his?

dream on...

Sorry, life isn't equal. Do you want to put the right to governmental access on a sliding scale based upon gross income?

thanks for letting us know you're a hack.

appreciated.

really, who the fuck elected Warren Buffet where he gets his own rule from the Democrat party?

George Soros would be a better example!

Warren Buffet is highly respected as an amazing investor and self-made billionaire by both the right and the left. Prior to the last two election the right held him out in high regards, his support for Obama turned off the right a ton, but his business achievements are still envied by the right (as well as the left).

Buffet is different than Grover. Buffet doesn't run a Super-PAC and I never heard him threaten a leftist politician for not being a partisan hack!

I for one was upset with how much support he gave Obama, which increased Obama's creditability, but I still admire what Buffet has done!

another false comparison. soros' contributions are mimimal... the president's five largest contributors gave about 2 million each... you want to compare that to what romney's top donor's gave?

soros is a rightwing beacon on which to focus their wish that no one give money to democrats.

i don't see soros demanding any signed agreement that he will then use to primary people. in fact, i seem to recall quite a number of blue dog democrats who are in the house of representatives.

Grover's power is in his Super PAC. Soros's power is in his media influence. Cross Grover on the right and your toast. Cross Soros on the left and your toast.

Grover is a piece of shit, but Soros is pure evil!

I have no doubt the dems will blame the corporations and wealthy for the fiscal cliff economic problems, then tax them at FDR and Eisenhower rates to punish them

The issue is that the people will tell the corporations and wealthy what to do, not the other way.
there is talk that such a scenario is very much a possibility. the flip side is that repub lawmakers wouldn't have to vote for tax increases so would be off the hook.

Not true Jill. Just like the business world prepared for Obamacare not being overturned, so are they preparing for a fall off the cliff. The scenarios and actions they take will be devastating to the economy. Everyone will get blame and no one will be off the hook!

Actually, when the country goes over the cliff, it's going to return to CLINTON ERA TAX RATES, not those of FDR and Eisenhower. But............nice try at trying to scare everyone.

And................you think it would be okay if the people were told what to do by the wealthy and corporations? I don't, because I believe in a democracy, not a plutocracy.

I believe in a democracy.

I believe in the working people of the middle class before I believe in the wealthy and the poor.

A well-off consuming, working middle class will rein in the wealthy from excess while pulling the poor up to partake in middle class affluence.

I believe in the working people of the middle class before I believe in the wealthy and the poor.

A well-off consuming, working middle class will rein in the wealthy from excess while pulling the poor up to partake in middle class affluence.

the well-off are doing just fine. Its the vanishing middle-class thats the problem. All the $ has been funneled upwards.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/26/opinion/the-rich-get-even-richer.html?_r=0

Last edited:
False comparison, Stephanie.

You simply hate that a black man is president, so step off.

Good leftist.

racist-if-youre-losing-the-argument-shout.jpg

Believe it or not there are enemies of our country living among us or have you so quickly forgotten 9/11. No.. not EVERYONE should have access to our government. Nordquist has proven time and again he is an enemy of our democracy.
You misspelled "leftist agenda" -- twice.

You need reported to Del for stealing his schtick. I'm sure there must be a copyright infringement thingy at play here.
News flash for retards:

Opposing the leftist agenda isn't anti-democracy. Dumbass.

Opposing the Democrats honest and fairly is good politics for sensible Republicans.

Gap toothed, hick brains like daveman who are davying make the GOP look like a party of loons.

Who the fuck elected Grover for any position anyway and why are the GOP scared shitless of him?

And, why is Boehner turning on Rs who are turning away from Norquist?

Another part of this puzzle -- Why does Boehner bow down to lushbo? Why does he call lushbo for his marching orders? Why do Rs apologize to either lushbo or Grover?

Neither of these two has ever run for office but the GObP/pubs bow down to them.

I hope the truth comes out someday but it may not.

the well-off are doing just fine. Its the vanishing middle-class thats the problem. All the $ has been funneled upwards.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/26/opinion/the-rich-get-even-richer.html?_r=0

Which was the plan all along.

Meaning they recognize you are a gap toothed hick brain.

Boehner is getting rid of you loons on the far right from responsibile positions in Congress.

I told you the day would come when you hicks out in the stick would take the licks.

Opposing the Democrats honest and fairly is good politics for sensible Republicans.

Gap toothed, hick brains like daveman who are davying make the GOP look like a party of loons.

The Following 2 Mindless Lefty Retards Say Thank You to JakeStarkey For This Useful Post:
Dot Com (11-28-2012), HUGGY (11-28-2012)

Forum List

Back