Norquist says he'll go after pledge-breakers

Banana Republic libertarians like bripat are few and far between, thank heavens.

I know you agree that someone should live within their means, and Grover Norquist does not. He is going to find out just how much.

I imagine some Republican bigwigs are arranging for Grover's mortgage and outstanding debts to be bought out, then he will be faced with foreclosure, bankruptcy, and legal suits until the day he dies.

Use good Republican tactics to finish off a bad Republican.

Obviously, you approve of that kind of despicable Banana Republic political tactic.

It's illegal here. I pity this country if politicians can ever get away that kind of thing.

The great majority of GOP no longer care what Norquist or his 13 followers want.

No longer matters.

You're dead wrong about that. Most Republicans expect those who made the pledge to keep their word. Otherwise, next election there will be a blood bath.

I thought those that we the PEOPLE elected were supposed to keep their word to the PEOPLE WHO ELECTED THEM, as well as to pledge to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Not some bearded troll who is married to a Pakistani Muslim.

But................if you think that keeping a pledge to one person is more important than keeping it to the people you elected and the Constitution............go ahead.

The teabaggers are losing power as more people wake up.

so, how about that Obama making a pledge and RULE after a unelected Billionaire, Warren Buffet..
now, what vulgar names do you call yourselves? for not OPPOSING this.?
LOSERS and HYPROCRITES comes to mind

You're dead wrong about that. Most Republicans expect those who made the pledge to keep their word. Otherwise, next election there will be a blood bath.

I thought those that we the PEOPLE elected were supposed to keep their word to the PEOPLE WHO ELECTED THEM, as well as to pledge to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.

But................if you think that keeping a pledge to one person is more important than keeping it to the people you elected and the Constitution............go ahead.

so, how about that Obama making a pledge and RULE after a unelected Billionaire, Warren Buffet..

Steph, is this comparison between Grover and Buffet really the best you can do?
LMAO,

You are just trying to be funny. Right? It sure is working. I laugh every time. At you.

Steph, is this comparison between Grover and Buffet really the best you can do?
LMAO,

You are just trying to be funny. Right? It sure is working. I laugh every time. At you.

NO..YOUR PRESIDENT has taken a UNELECTED BILLIONAIR and made a damn RULE about RAISING PEOPLE TAXES after him...Yet you jokers see NOTHING WRONG with that..
now go back to whining about about how some elected Republicans made a pledge TO NOT RAISE TAXES ON THE AMERCIAN PEOPLE...you find that absolutely more important

Somebody needs to go after that pillsbury dough boy fat fuck for real.

No, they don't. In this country everyone, and that means everyone, has the right to attempt to influence their government. I think Norquist is wrong, but he has the right to put forth his position and to pull together a coalition to support people who will assist him. You have the same right.

Believe it or not there are enemies of our country living among us or have you so quickly forgotten 9/11. No.. not EVERYONE should have access to our government. Nordquist has proven time and again he is an enemy of our democracy.

Nope. Everyone should have access. Not just the people you agree with, or just the people Norquist agrees with. Everyone. No exceptions. If that is not the case, then there is no democracy.

NO..YOUR PRESIDENT has taken a UNELECTED BILLIONAIR and made a damn RULE about RAISING PEOPLE TAXES after him...Yet you jokers see NOTHING WRONG with that.. now go back to whining about about how some elected Republicans made a pledge TO NOT RAISE TAXES ON THE AMERCIAN PEOPLE...you find that absolutely more important

When I Call Warren Buffett a Bolshevik Billionaire...

Posted by David Kramer on January 23, 2012 07:22 PM

...I know of what I speak:

"He [Romney] makes his money the same way I make my money," Buffett said. "He makes money by moving around big bucks, not by straining his back or going to work and cleaning toilets or whatever it may be. He makes it shoving around money." [Where does the money come from to pay those "real" workers to do those jobs, Warren, you MORON?]

Yeah, Warren, you're such a "greedy, capitalist pig." In reality, what Romney's Bain Capital does is very important in the marketplace. On the other hand, Buffett—having made his billions in the second biggest scam (the Fed being the first) ever perpetrated on the sheeple—is the richest fraudulent huckster in the history of the NYSE.

And, for the umpteenth* time, Warren, if you're feeling such "guilt" over not paying enough in robbery taxes ("funny" how he protected all of his wealth in his tax-exempt foundation throughout his wealth-accumulating career rather than paying taxes to his beloved government like the rest of us sheeple), you can always mail the U.S. Treasury a very generous check."

No, they don't. In this country everyone, and that means everyone, has the right to attempt to influence their government. I think Norquist is wrong, but he has the right to put forth his position and to pull together a coalition to support people who will assist him. You have the same right.

really? you get to influence the government the way grover the lobbyist does? you think your voice is equal to his?

dream on...

NO..YOUR PRESIDENT has taken a UNELECTED BILLIONAIR and made a damn RULE about RAISING PEOPLE TAXES after him...Yet you jokers see NOTHING WRONG with that.. now go back to whining about about how some elected Republicans made a pledge TO NOT RAISE TAXES ON THE AMERCIAN PEOPLE...you find that absolutely more important

When I Call Warren Buffett a Bolshevik Billionaire...

Posted by David Kramer on January 23, 2012 07:22 PM

...I know of what I speak:

no... you really don't.

False comparison, Stephanie.

You simply hate that a black man is president, so step off.

Believe it or not there are enemies of our country living among us or have you so quickly forgotten 9/11. No.. not EVERYONE should have access to our government. Nordquist has proven time and again he is an enemy of our democracy.
You misspelled "leftist agenda" -- twice.

You need reported to Del for stealing his schtick. I'm sure there must be a copyright infringement thingy at play here.

Who the fuck is Norquist? Who in the hell does he think he is?

Norquist says he’ll go after pledge-breakers – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) - Anti-tax activist Grover Norquist said Monday that his group, Americans for Tax Reform, would work to unseat Republicans who break their pledge to never vote for higher taxes.

His vow came after prominent GOP lawmakers said over the weekend they would consider breaking the Taxpayer Protection Pledge in order to reach a deal with Democrats and President Barack Obama to avoid tumbling over the fiscal cliff – the combination of sweeping spending cuts and tax increases that would go into effect at the end of the year if negotiators can't reach a deal on reducing the federal debt.

He is the visible conduit to the REAL MASTERS who control the wealth of the world.

He is the TARGET that the masters put out there so they don't have to become the target themselves.

Norquist is a TOOL, a puppet for the puppetmasters who pull the strings we pretend have something to do with democratic government.

Pissed as one might be with him, he's entirely replaceable.

I like some of what he represents, but for the most part he is an extremist prick. If we go over the fiscal cliff we fall into a recession with more layoffs and a very very real chance of dropping into a depression! The only way to avoid that path of destruction is for the Democrats and Republicans to strike a DEAL! You have extremist on the left saying no deal no way, but you also have extremist on the right saying taxes increases are a non-starter! If neither budge a little, then neither will get what they want or desire! That is bad for everyone.

Norquist says he’ll go after pledge-breakers – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) - Anti-tax activist Grover Norquist said Monday that his group, Americans for Tax Reform, would work to unseat Republicans who break their pledge to never vote for higher taxes.

His vow came after prominent GOP lawmakers said over the weekend they would consider breaking the Taxpayer Protection Pledge in order to reach a deal with Democrats and President Barack Obama to avoid tumbling over the fiscal cliff – the combination of sweeping spending cuts and tax increases that would go into effect at the end of the year if negotiators can't reach a deal on reducing the federal debt.

Who the fuck elected Grover for any position anyway and why are the GOP scared shitless of him?

He runs a POWERFUL lobby and Super PAC!!! His army of messengers are enough to take down any Republican in any primary! Does matter if his message is inaccurate or even outright wrong, the damage is done and Grover gets the people out that he wants out.

Who the fuck elected Grover for any position anyway and why are the GOP scared shitless of him?

really, who the fuck elected Warren Buffet where he gets his own rule from the Democrat party?

George Soros would be a better example!

Warren Buffet is highly respected as an amazing investor and self-made billionaire by both the right and the left. Prior to the last two election the right held him out in high regards, his support for Obama turned off the right a ton, but his business achievements are still envied by the right (as well as the left).

Buffet is different than Grover. Buffet doesn't run a Super-PAC and I never heard him threaten a leftist politician for not being a partisan hack!

I for one was upset with how much support he gave Obama, which increased Obama's creditability, but I still admire what Buffet has done!

The ONLY pledge that Congress members should make is their oath of office!

While I agree with that statement, I hope you carry that belief when traitors like Luis Gutierrez pledges and oath to illegal immigrants over US citizens!

really? you get to influence the government the way grover the lobbyist does? you think your voice is equal to his?

dream on...

Sorry, life isn't equal. Do you want to put the right to governmental access on a sliding scale based upon gross income?

Here's a better idea.

Instead of cutting a deal that increases some taxes, the Democrats tell the Norquist Republicans to take a hike and let the Bush tax cuts expire, causing taxes to increase even more than they would have had they cut a deal.

Then, the Democrats can come back a few months later and propose their own set of tax cuts and see if the Republicans block the new package of tax cuts pass because they don't include tax cuts for the wealthy.

Flaw in your logic. I work in legal/compliance for a global corp. I sit in some executive meetings to discuss ramifications of certain laws and actions the corp takes. Last one was shortly after the election, despite 9% year over year top line growth (which is very good for a mature market), due to added costs (Dodd-Frank and Obamacare), they were enacting a series of RIF (Reduction In Force).

In that same meeting the board stated that if we fall off the fiscal cliff things are going to be extremely tight and there will be some harsh adjustments that need to be made. Selling off product lines, retiring costly (even if profitable) products, laying off "non-essential" workers, moving more R & D and engineers to Costa Rica and Chile and huge amounts of people losing their jobs. We were told to plan for it, just in case.

That meeting was enough to scare me to praying for a deal to be struck! Screw who gets the blame for the mess, I don't want to see what happens! Work with the other side or we all suffer. THAT IS A FACT!!!

Here's a better idea.

Instead of cutting a deal that increases some taxes, the Democrats tell the Norquist Republicans to take a hike and let the Bush tax cuts expire, causing taxes to increase even more than they would have had they cut a deal.

Then, the Democrats can come back a few months later and propose their own set of tax cuts and see if the Republicans block the new package of tax cuts pass because they don't include tax cuts for the wealthy.

there is talk that such a scenario is very much a possibility. the flip side is that repub lawmakers wouldn't have to vote for tax increases so would be off the hook.

Not true Jill. Just like the business world prepared for Obamacare not being overturned, so are they preparing for a fall off the cliff. The scenarios and actions they take will be devastating to the economy. Everyone will get blame and no one will be off the hook!

Here's a better idea.

there is talk that such a scenario is very much a possibility. the flip side is that repub lawmakers wouldn't have to vote for tax increases so would be off the hook.

All true.

A suspicious person might infer the ‘fiscal cliff’ really isn’t as ‘scary’ to lawmakers as made out to be.

You don't have a clue small fry! Falling off the fiscal cliff is a nightmare scenario to the business world. It will lead to EXTREME cutbacks, businesses closing their doors and a recession, maybe even a depression. It's not a mirage or scare tactic, it's a real threat!

Forum List

Back