Norquist says he'll go after pledge-breakers

Who the fuck is Norquist? Who in the hell does he think he is?

Norquist says he’ll go after pledge-breakers – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) - Anti-tax activist Grover Norquist said Monday that his group, Americans for Tax Reform, would work to unseat Republicans who break their pledge to never vote for higher taxes.

His vow came after prominent GOP lawmakers said over the weekend they would consider breaking the Taxpayer Protection Pledge in order to reach a deal with Democrats and President Barack Obama to avoid tumbling over the fiscal cliff – the combination of sweeping spending cuts and tax increases that would go into effect at the end of the year if negotiators can't reach a deal on reducing the federal debt.
An American citizen speaking out against people who break their pledges.

If the GOP is just going to ignore their given word, they may as well be Democrats.

Those are typical Republicans - unprincipled motherfuckers who want to be elected for the sake of acquiring power.

An American citizen speaking out against people who break their pledges.

If the GOP is just going to ignore their given word, they may as well be Democrats.

Those are typical Republicans - unprincipled motherfuckers who want to be elected for the sake of acquiring power.

Sounds exactly like obamaturd and other idiot dimwits.

Both sides break their words all the time, DW.
The difference is, I, and it appears others, expect to hold them to that.

They do it too is not an answer.

they didn't give their word to the american people.

they gave their word to some lobbyist who wants to hold our government hostage.

the fact that they signed such a pledge in the first place should get them tossed from office.

I imagine some Republican bigwigs are arranging for Grover's mortgage and outstanding debts to be bought out, then he will be faced with foreclosure, bankruptcy, and legal suits until the day he dies.

Use good Republican tactics to finish off a bad Republican.

Last edited:

Somebody needs to go after that pillsbury dough boy fat fuck for real.

No, they don't. In this country everyone, and that means everyone, has the right to attempt to influence their government. I think Norquist is wrong, but he has the right to put forth his position and to pull together a coalition to support people who will assist him. You have the same right.

The great majority of GOP no longer care what Norquist or his 13 followers want.

No longer matters.

You're dead wrong about that. Most Republicans expect those who made the pledge to keep their word. Otherwise, next election there will be a blood bath.

I imagine some Republican bigwigs are arranging for Grover's mortgage and outstanding debts to be bought out, then he will be faced with foreclosure, bankruptcy, and legal suits until the day he dies.

Use good Republican tactics to finish off a bad Republican.

Obviously, you approve of that kind of despicable Banana Republic political tactic.

It's illegal here. I pity this country if politicians can ever get away that kind of thing.

No, they don't. In this country everyone, and that means everyone, has the right to attempt to influence their government. I think Norquist is wrong, but he has the right to put forth his position and to pull together a coalition to support people who will assist him. You have the same right.

Believe it or not there are enemies of our country living among us or have you so quickly forgotten 9/11. No.. not EVERYONE should have access to our government. Nordquist has proven time and again he is an enemy of our democracy.

It's amazing how many booogeymen the left has made up.

How is it a "made up bogeyman", when the man is actually making threats that he apparently thinks he can back up?

If anything, Grover has illusions of grandeur, and the left is simply believing his bullshit, as much as the people who signed the pledge in the first place apparently do.

Last edited:
The great majority of GOP no longer care what Norquist or his 13 followers want.

No longer matters.

You're dead wrong about that. Most Republicans expect those who made the pledge to keep their word. Otherwise, next election there will be a blood bath.

I thought those that we the PEOPLE elected were supposed to keep their word to the PEOPLE WHO ELECTED THEM, as well as to pledge to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Not some bearded troll who is married to a Pakistani Muslim.

But................if you think that keeping a pledge to one person is more important than keeping it to the people you elected and the Constitution............go ahead.

The teabaggers are losing power as more people wake up.

Believe it or not there are enemies of our country living among us or have you so quickly forgotten 9/11. No.. not EVERYONE should have access to our government. Nordquist has proven time and again he is an enemy of our democracy.

Maybe it's because he's influenced by that Pakistani Muslim he calls a wife.

It's amazing how many booogeymen the left has made up.

How is it a "made up bogeyman", when the man is actually making threats that he apparently thinks he can back up?

If anything, Grover has illusions of grandeur, and the left is simply believing his bullshit, as much as the people who signed the pledge in the first place apparently do.

When you realize that the "boogeymen" of the left are no different than the "boogeymen" of the right, you will find peace, grasshopper.

You misspelled "leftist agenda" -- twice.

Forum List

Back