Normal Weather..?

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Is there such a thing anymore...:confused:

Where I live , last year heavy snow, this year hardly any.

Last year a long summer, this year it's just beginning, maybe.

The word normal applied to the weather is the term that is confusing the issue.

All weather (all climates, too) , however extreme, are normal if your perspective is hundreds of millions of years long.

Our POV about what is to be expected in the short weather an seasonal conditions is short lived, but the weather /climate changes over time and that's just the way it is and always will be too, I expect.

Right now, climatically-speaking the earth seems to be getting warmer, and the shorter term (AKA the weather) seems to be responding to that worldwide event... in the NORMAL way one would expect the weather to change given that fact that the climate is changing.

The word normal applied to the weather is the term that is confusing the issue.

All weather (all climates, too) , however extreme, are normal if your perspective is hundreds of millions of years long.

Our POV about what is to be expected in the short weather an seasonal conditions is short lived, but the weather /climate changes over time and that's just the way it is and always will be too, I expect.

Right now, climatically-speaking the earth seems to be getting warmer, and the shorter term (AKA the weather) seems to be responding to that worldwide event... in the NORMAL way one would expect the weather to change given that fact that the climate is changing.

Well who could argue with that. If consider that you get used to a fairly certain weather pattern and that pattern becomes rather odd it's seems natural to wonder.

ahem

It's cold in the winter, gets warm in the spring, is hot in the summer, gets cool in the fall. Some seasons and years more or less than other seasons and years.

Mother Nature is grand.

It's been "summer" here in Chicago since March....

Solar cycles.....

The last 2 weeks were all in the 90's, then we had a stretch of (3) 100 degree + days (ties a record)...

This heat wave was way hotter than the one in 1995 we had here in Chicago where 500+ people died. Yet oddly only 10 people thus far have died due to the heat...

I suppose the 1995 wave was way more humid tho....

You easterners seem a tad touchy.. at least that's normal.:D

Forum List

Back