Nonunion Ala. crews turned away from Sandy recovery

This is not a time for politics or playing union games. All workers should be welcomed in all of the states to help out in the disaster. The citizens are waiting for services and help while the unions are turning away workers. That just makes them look even worse than what they actually are.

This is not a time for politics or playing union games. All workers should be welcomed in all of the states to help out in the disaster. The citizens are waiting for services and help while the unions are turning away workers. That just makes them look even worse than what they actually are.

In a rational world yes... Unfortunately we don't live in that place.

Someone else post a link, and the person who said it was one person. Why would he lie. I mean what is it in it for him. He doesnt live there. He drove all the way up from AL . He has no reason to lie .

everyone has a reason to lie....how funny.....everyone you think is telling the truth are the people you want to be telling the truth.....

truth is not political......truth stands alone and withstands question.....this bullshit does not

Someone else post a link, and the person who said it was one person. Why would he lie. I mean what is it in it for him. He doesnt live there. He drove all the way up from AL . He has no reason to lie .

Let's try something a little different for you right wingers...THINK. I know it is foreign to you, but how would repair of power utilities be coordinated?
Would they stop at a gas station and ask: 'Where does Clem and I find downed high voltage wires'?

Or would they drive around looking for a 'crew' and ask: 'Where does Clem and I find downed high voltage wires'?

By the utility companies. As they have done with other out of state crews.

I live in NJ and unions have screwed this state. I am a little sceptical of this story but we have yet to hear anyone refute it.

Does any hick with a bucket truck just roll into town and start working on power utilities? Does this hick bring his own hardware, wire, transformers??

This story falls apart in so many ways, only a moron would swallow it...thus the thread exists...:lol::lol::lol:

Let's try something a little different for you right wingers...THINK. I know it is foreign to you, but how would repair of power utilities be coordinated?
Would they stop at a gas station and ask: 'Where does Clem and I find downed high voltage wires'?

Or would they drive around looking for a 'crew' and ask: 'Where does Clem and I find downed high voltage wires'?

I live in NJ and unions have screwed this state. I am a little sceptical of this story but we have yet to hear anyone refute it.

Does any hick with a bucket truck just roll into town and start working on power utilities? Does this hick bring his own hardware, wire, transformers??

This story falls apart in so many ways, only a moron would swallow it...thus the thread exists...:lol::lol::lol:

Ah, I see. I answered your question but since it doesn't fit what you wanted you are changing the question. As for the story there isn't enough to say either way.

Non-union utility crew from Alabama in N.J. to help restore power is told to go home, report says | NJ.com
Huntsville Utilities was not turned away and is working, but the Huntsville NBC affiliate didn't specify where.

Huntsville Utilities said they were not turned away and are up in storm ravaged areas working.

Thanks for showing that the OP is, as usual, full of shit.

Doesn't mean a thing to the basic story. That quote merely states that " are up in storm ravaged areas working." Which does not mean they were not turned away from NJ, iy just means that that are in a state more friendly to non union workers

Shouldn't they have dug a little deeper before reporting this story? Ok you have just one guy saying one thing and another company saying another thing. Are the Huntsville crews union or not? Did they even check to see if the guy from Trinity even worked for them? Did they try to contact anyone else from Trinity to confirm his claim or did they just go with it? Not saying the guy is lying. Just saying the news did a very poor job on this one. To many questions left unanswered.

Obama and his UNION thugs -- don't give a damn about people-- just themselves.. Obama did his photo Op, left and went to Vegas while people rummaged through DUMPSTERS starving.. looking for food.

I totally agree!

Here come two posts on the mess of the cleanup. Politicians care more about themselves than their people - in spite of comments to the opposite Governor Christie!!!

Chaos Reigns in Brooklyn During Sandy Cleanup

Chaos reigns in Brooklyn, N.Y. as major storm Sandy’s savage assault on the area left some of the residents free to loot Coney Island.

On Tuesday morning, the Mega Aid Pharmacy found the store’s interior destroyed and more than 10,000 pharmaceutical items stolen by looters. Most of the stolen goods were prescription medicines.

Other shops on Mermaid Avenue also suffered; one worker at Mega Aid said, "The water went away and these people started walking down the streets and just robbed stores."

The pharmacy's manager, Stan Gutkin, was disconsolate: "I don't even know what it's going to take until we're operational. This breaks the business. I don't even know where to start." Reports said that looters stole from banks, pharmacies, and other shops.

Even the police acknowledged how bad the situation was. One officer said, "It's getting dark, and it's real dangerous out here -- that's why there's a cop on every block.”

At the Ocean Towers housing project, two women got in a fistfight while other residents threw objects at the police who tried to stop the fight. One resident said, "People are turning on each other -- they're attacking each other. Even when there's no disaster, this building is disastrous. But after the hurricane, it just got crazy.”

From Chaos Reigns in Brooklyn During Sandy Cleanup

Seen anything in the Lame Street Media about looting? And, even though Gov Christie brags about “New Jersey First” non-union crews there to aid are being turned away!

Bloomberg Diverts Food, Generators from Devastated Staten Island to NYC Marathon

Fresh off his "climate disruption"-driven endorsement of President Obama, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has chosen to divert critical food supplies and power generators from desperate residents of Staten Island to Sunday's New York City Marathon. Gothamist reports:

[T]hose urging the city to halt the run believe that the thousands of Marathon volunteers could direct their efforts towards post-Sandy relief and cleanup, "and they also argue that the event will divert thousands of police from important hurricane-related duties." But despite petitions circulating, work started up again yesterday on the Marathon route.

A tipster, who wishes to remain anonymous, told us there were lots of workers in and out of the park today, who had "started before the storm and then came back starting yesterday." Trailers are lined up from around 71st to 66th Streets on Central Park West, a food truck was set up today, and "generators have been sitting there at least a week." The tents that were taken down prior to the storm have also been set back up, and there is a stage set up near 73rd Street.

Considering all the volunteer help and NYPD attention that's already being diverted to the Marathon, the added sight of generators and food being channeled to the event is probably going to strike some New Yorkers as a little misplaced—we're thinking of the ones who are currently lined up waiting for the National Guard to ration out MREs and bottles of water.

Staten Island residents are frantically calling for help, ABC News reported on Thursday:

The residents of Staten Island are pleading for help from elected officials, begging for gasoline, food and clothing three days after Sandy slammed the New York City borough.

“We’re going to die! We’re going to freeze! We got 90-year-old people!” Donna Solli told visiting officials. “You don’t understand. You gotta get your trucks down here on the corner now. It’s been three days!”

Staten Island was one of the hardest-hit communities in New York City. More than 80,000 residents are still without power. Many are homeless, and at least 19 people died on Staten Island because of the storm.

Staten Island Borough President Jim Molinaro blasted Mayor Bloomberg's decision to divert needed supplies from Staten Island to this Sunday's New York City marathon:

Molinaro urged New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg Wednesday to cancel Sunday’s New York City Marathon. The race’s staging area is on Staten Island and Molinaro said it would be “crazy, asinine,” to have the race after what has happened.

“My God. What we have here is terrible, a disaster,” Molinaro said Wednesday. “If they want to race, let them race with themselves. This is no time for a parade. A marathon is a parade. Now is the time to put your shoulder to the wheel. If they want to prepare for something, let them prepare for the election, not a marathon.”

“Do you realize how many police officers you need for a marathon?” he asked. “There are people looting stores on Midland Avenue. There is looting taking place in the homes on the South Shore that were destroyed. That is where we need the police.”

In New York City, apparently these days the Bloomberg show must go on -- even at the expense of those truly in need.

From Bloomberg Diverts Food, Generators from Devastated Staten Island to NYC Marathon

Ah, I see. I answered your question but since it doesn't fit what you wanted you are changing the question. As for the story there isn't enough to say either way.

Non-union utility crew from Alabama in N.J. to help restore power is told to go home, report says | NJ.com
Huntsville Utilities was not turned away and is working, but the Huntsville NBC affiliate didn't specify where.

From your link...

Jersey Central Power & Light spokesman Ron Morano said in an interview with News 12 New Jersey that JCP&L has welcomed all out-of-state crews.

"We have not turned away any help," he said. "Absolutely not."

WAFF revised its report to say that crews from Decatur Utilities and Joe Wheeler in Trinity were told to stand down. Those crews went to Long Island, N.Y. to work instead.

Forum List

Back