No wonder Russia agreed with the New Start treaty

No DOUBT!!!!!

We could always tag them WMD II!!!!!!!!!!!!!

("conservatives" always did enjoy a sense-of-urgency!!! :lol: )

saddam_mobilescuds.jpg

"REMEMBER!! He's gotta stop, really-FAST!!!"

You are a liar. You say I edited the post no I didn't I quoted the post and replied with spam alert.
spam alert.

That's right, spam alert on the bigreb who altered the original post. But I fixed it for the loser from North Carolina. You know, the South rightfully lost the Civil War, and bigreb is rightfully losing this discussion . . . again.
[/QUOTE]

You deleted the original image of the bigreb-mounted rocket with the Saddam poster. I put it back in. Did you go back and re-edit your post? Good if you did; that means I accomplished what I wanted.

Last edited:
Wow, it needs a "parachute" to pull it out of the plane? Must be big.

You are a liar. You say I edited the post no I didn't I quoted the post and replied with spam alert.
spam alert.

That's right, spam alert on the bigreb who altered the original post. But I fixed it for the loser from North Carolina. You know, the South rightfully lost the Civil War, and bigreb is rightfully losing this discussion . . . again.

You deleted the original image of the bigreb-mounted rocket with the Saddam poster. I put it back in. Did you go back and re-edit your post? Good if you did; that means I accomplished what I wanted.[/QUOTE]

I did not delete or remove anything asswipe
I quoted the post and commented. I did not edit the repost jack ass you fucking liar. I wished the mods would ban anyone caught lying. You would be the first to go.

[/B]

You deleted the original image of the bigreb-mounted rocket with the Saddam poster. I put it back in. Did you go back and re-edit your post? Good if you did; that means I accomplished what I wanted.

I quoted the post and commented. I did not edit the repost jack ass you fucking liar. I wished the mods would ban anyone caught lying. You would be the first to go.[/QUOTE]

Then you would go, because I never falsify knowingly. I do know that you took out the image, because that is how I copied and then went back to the original and put the image back in.

After that you must have re-edited your posted to put the image back in.

You are a liar.

The next you do it, I won't call you out, but simply report it instead.

I quoted the post and commented. I did not edit the repost jack ass you fucking liar. I wished the mods would ban anyone caught lying. You would be the first to go.

Then you would go, because I never falsify knowingly. I do know that you took out the image, because that is how I copied and then went back to the original and put the image back in.

You are a liar.

The next you do it, I won't call you out, but simply report it instead.[/QUOTE]

From what I just posted to jake it looks like you have edited the post and what I posted.

You are a liar.

The next you do it, I won't call you out, but simply report it instead.

From what I just posted to jake it looks like you have edited the post and what I posted.[/QUOTE]

You don't know how to use the tools? Is that what this is? You couldn't understand charts and graphs until I explained them to you, and know you are having trouble handling materials.

Here's a thought. Don't touch another person's post. How about that?

You don't know how to use the tools? Is that what this is? You couldn't understand charts and graphs until I explained them to you, and know you are having trouble handling materials.

jokey, removing the images from a post is allowed
stop sweatin the small stuff

I know. I poked him because I knew he would jump in the air and deny it.

every past president and every past secretary of state agreed with it, too.

man you guys are p'nuts.

If so, does that mean it's beyond discussion? Automatically right?

Seems to me that those same people had a whole lot of faith in Russian political change, yet that doesn't seem to be real either:

Mikhail Khodorkovsky Verdict: The End to Russian Democracy - The Daily Beast

The End to Russian Democracy

by David Satter

The sentence of Russian businessman Mikhail Khodorkovsky this week is a tragedy that signals Russia’s political corruption.

Despite criticism from the U.S. and an appeal on Friday by Mikhail Khodorkovsky’s lawyers, it appears the former head of the Yukos Oil Company will spend as much time in the Gulag as many Stalin-era political prisoners. His sentence of 13.5 years for fraud means that he will not be a free man until 2017, if then. The presiding judge in the case said that correcting Khodorkovsky would only be possible if he was isolated from society.

In fact, however, the Putin regime is not concerned about correcting Khodorkovsky. The arrest and sentencing of Khodorkovsky made it possible to complete the transformation of Russia into a controlled society with a permanent political leadership and a president for life (Putin). It is for this reason that Putin not only hates Khodorkovsky but, to a degree, fears him. Putin cannot abide the implicit challenge that Khodorkovsky at liberty would represent...

Unlike the other Russian oligarchs, who amassed wealth in similar ways, however, Khodorkovsky realized that the Russian rules of gangster capitalism had to change if Russia was ever to be a civilized country and he took steps to transform Yukos into a modern Western company. He declared his income and introduced Western standards of accounting and governance. He also began to exercise the rights of a Western businessman, including the right to finance opposition political parties. It was this that set him on a collision course with Putin...

Khodorkovsky must now return to the Siberian labor camp where he has served his long sentence with modesty and great personal dignity. His fate is, of course, a tragedy for him and his family. But it is also a tragedy for Russia. Khodorkovsky is the object of Putin’s vindictiveness not for any crime he may have committed but for what he represents. This is not just the corruption of the Yeltsin years but also the hope for a better and more honest future.

David Satter is a senior fellow of the Hudson Institute and a fellow of the Foreign Policy Institute of the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS). His latest book, Haunted Ground: Russia and the Communist Past, is due out next year from the Yale University Press.

Putin runs Russia. Period. Putin is former KGB. No KGB agent ever becomes "ex"KGB. KGB agents were trained to distrust their enemies. The USA is an enemy of the KGB. Putin distrusts and probably hates the US. Putin is a paranoid little despot. Example is how he is systematically beating back freedoms won by the Russian people, business and media. And of course Putin is busily putting his perceived political enemies in prison.
This latest knee capping of the US by idiot dove politicians(START) has Russia laughing their collective asses off. Inspections? One would have to be on crack if they believe the Russians are going to play nice-nice with US nuclear weapons inspectors. The Russians will demand we obey the treaty while they stonewall us on their cooperation.
This Obama Administration should be ashamed of themselves for all they did by signing that treaty was weaken a country.
We had the Russians down and should have kept them down.

I didn't remove any images. I quoted the post. I do not edited anyones post.

every past president and every past secretary of state agreed with it, too.

man you guys are p'nuts.

Seems to me that those same people had a whole lot of faith in Russian political change, yet that doesn't seem to be real either:

The End to Russian Democracy

by David Satter

The sentence of Russian businessman Mikhail Khodorkovsky this week is a tragedy that signals Russia’s political corruption.

Despite criticism from the U.S. and an appeal on Friday by Mikhail Khodorkovsky’s lawyers, it appears the former head of the Yukos Oil Company will spend as much time in the Gulag as many Stalin-era political prisoners. His sentence of 13.5 years for fraud means that he will not be a free man until 2017, if then. The presiding judge in the case said that correcting Khodorkovsky would only be possible if he was isolated from society.

In fact, however, the Putin regime is not concerned about correcting Khodorkovsky. The arrest and sentencing of Khodorkovsky made it possible to complete the transformation of Russia into a controlled society with a permanent political leadership and a president for life (Putin). It is for this reason that Putin not only hates Khodorkovsky but, to a degree, fears him. Putin cannot abide the implicit challenge that Khodorkovsky at liberty would represent...

Unlike the other Russian oligarchs, who amassed wealth in similar ways, however, Khodorkovsky realized that the Russian rules of gangster capitalism had to change if Russia was ever to be a civilized country and he took steps to transform Yukos into a modern Western company. He declared his income and introduced Western standards of accounting and governance. He also began to exercise the rights of a Western businessman, including the right to finance opposition political parties. It was this that set him on a collision course with Putin...

Khodorkovsky must now return to the Siberian labor camp where he has served his long sentence with modesty and great personal dignity. His fate is, of course, a tragedy for him and his family. But it is also a tragedy for Russia. Khodorkovsky is the object of Putin’s vindictiveness not for any crime he may have committed but for what he represents. This is not just the corruption of the Yeltsin years but also the hope for a better and more honest future.

David Satter is a senior fellow of the Hudson Institute and a fellow of the Foreign Policy Institute of the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS). His latest book, Haunted Ground: Russia and the Communist Past, is due out next year from the Yale University Press.

Putin runs Russia. Period. Putin is former KGB. No KGB agent ever becomes "ex"KGB. KGB agents were trained to distrust their enemies. The USA is an enemy of the KGB. Putin distrusts and probably hates the US. Putin is a paranoid little despot. Example is how he is systematically beating back freedoms won by the Russian people, business and media. And of course Putin is busily putting his perceived political enemies in prison.
This latest knee capping of the US by idiot dove politicians(START) has Russia laughing their collective asses off. Inspections? One would have to be on crack if they believe the Russians are going to play nice-nice with US nuclear weapons inspectors. The Russians will demand we obey the treaty while they stonewall us on their cooperation.
This Obama Administration should be ashamed of themselves for all they did by signing that treaty was weaken a country.

Well, swami - every leading expert on international relations (including all living Presidents and SecDefs) are all in favor of the new START treaty. (START I and II were His High Holiness himself's babies, of course, signed by Bush Sr.). Your crystal ball predictions of what will happen because of this are about as meaningless as Ms. Cleo.

I didn't remove any images. I quoted the post. I do not edited anyones post.
i understand, but jokey was trying to claim you did something wrong, and he was wrong

it is possible that either the image link didnt transfer with your quote, or that he had actually added it after you quoted him but before it would show he had edited his own post
not saying either actually happened as i dont have any proof either way
but its nothing to get your panties in a bunch over(for jokey)

Well, swami - every leading expert on international relations (including all living Presidents and SecDefs) are all in favor of the new START treaty. (START I and II were His High Holiness himself's babies, of course, signed by Bush Sr.). Your crystal ball predictions of what will happen because of this are about as meaningless as Ms. Cleo.
my only problem with this treaty, like the previous one, it allows Russia to actually increase numbers, while we are reducing
i think it should have held Russia to its current levels while we reduce

but its a moot point as it was ratified and now is law

i dont see how reducing nukes will harm america. its not like we and russia cant kill each other 100 times over even with the reductions
It comes as no surprise "you don't see"..
Most people do not know or bother to try to research our history in dealing with Russia and the old USSR.
Additionally it comes as no surprise that you think the two nations could destroy each other "100 times over"....
Look, the reason why there never has been a nuclear conflict between the US And Russia/USSR is because of the number of nukes in our respective arsenals. It's called "mutually assured destruction"...
Each country knows that if one fires an ICBM at the other, the second nation MUST respond in kind. Once the missile is launched it cannot be recalled or destroyed before the warheads detonate over, yes over their target(s). The nightmarish thought of entire cities leveled and melted into glass and the ensuing nuclear winter that would essentially destroy all viable life on the planet is just too much for sane people to bear. So we essentially have a loaded gun pointed at each other for peacekeeping purposes.
START gives the Russians an advantage. An advantage that could lead to the end of our country.

my only problem with this treaty, like the previous one, it allows Russia to actually increase numbers, while we are reducing
i think it should have held Russia to its current levels while we reduce

but its a moot point as it was ratified and now is law

It's not the greatest treaty ever written. I don't like the fact that it doesn't count tactical nukes.

But it's a start.

Forum List

Back