No to mosque at Ground Zero Petition

People can associate a splinter group to the larger entity in many cases (Hence lefties bashing all Christians for the acts of some extremist splinter groups)...

So... with the PLO being a political party now, would it be in the best taste for the PLO to have a HQ or meeting building very close to Lockerbie and the crash site?

We've discussed this before... and this is not a hatred of the average muslim or the faith itself... but this is association and conjuring up memories of the action, even if the larger group or the group building the building had nothing directly to do with the prior horrid event... while there is nothing illegal, this is indeed in bad taste IMHO... I would not care if the mosque construction were going next to the OKC bombing site or the White House or wherever else... but anyone with any common sense should know this is in pretty bad taste

Then I pose my same questions to you. DO all Catholics molets little boys? Are Catholic churches in poor taste?

Are you trying to say that you believe all Muslims to be terrorists?

Does that mean that all Catholics rape young boys?

Should there be any Catholic churches ANYWHERE in the US?

You are projecting something I did not say, nor do I believe. Your premise is false. What else do you plan to add to your false foundation???

My premise is that the Site is offensive and insulting to those that have lost the most. Build elsewhere. Show me the equivalent to what is proposed here, in the Muslim world???

I'm suggesting alternative location. Yet in the Islamic world, even maintenance of Non Muslim Religious Structures is an issue of oppression, let alone, new construction. The comparison, reveals the hypocrisy. Sensitivity is revealed to be more than a fail. Too deep for the PC crowd, I get it. ;)

What PC crowd? Whos the person arguing here that Muslims should choose a different spot as to not upset the "appropriateness and feelings" and "offensive and insulting" of some people? Muslims other than those assholes who hijacked the planes died on 9/11. So you wish to deny their familes the right to worship their God where they want? And the Muslims who would attended this mosque in no way were involved with 9/11.

You are as much of a wind bag of O'Reilly. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This has little to do with prayer, and nothing to do with Anybody's right to pray, where, when, or how. I think you have no clue as to who supports what. ;)

You are projecting something I did not say, nor do I believe. Your premise is false. What else do you plan to add to your false foundation???

My premise is that the Site is offensive and insulting to those that have lost the most. Build elsewhere. Show me the equivalent to what is proposed here, in the Muslim world???

I'm suggesting alternative location. Yet in the Islamic world, even maintenance of Non Muslim Religious Structures is an issue of oppression, let alone, new construction. The comparison, reveals the hypocrisy. Sensitivity is revealed to be more than a fail. Too deep for the PC crowd, I get it. ;)

What PC crowd? Whos the person arguing here that Muslims should choose a different spot as to not upset the "appropriateness and feelings" and "offensive and insulting" of some people? Muslims other than those assholes who hijacked the planes died on 9/11. So you wish to deny their familes the right to worship their God where they want? And the Muslims who would attended this mosque in no way were involved with 9/11.

This has little to do with prayer, and nothing to do with Anybody's right to pray, where, when, or how. I think you have no clue as to who supports what. ;)

And YOU do???:cuckoo:

People can associate a splinter group to the larger entity in many cases (Hence lefties bashing all Christians for the acts of some extremist splinter groups)...

So... with the PLO being a political party now, would it be in the best taste for the PLO to have a HQ or meeting building very close to Lockerbie and the crash site?

We've discussed this before... and this is not a hatred of the average muslim or the faith itself... but this is association and conjuring up memories of the action, even if the larger group or the group building the building had nothing directly to do with the prior horrid event... while there is nothing illegal, this is indeed in bad taste IMHO... I would not care if the mosque construction were going next to the OKC bombing site or the White House or wherever else... but anyone with any common sense should know this is in pretty bad taste

Then I pose my same questions to you. DO all Catholics molets little boys? Are Catholic churches in poor taste?

The answer is no. I also do not recognize any groups from the Catholic Church bent on World Domination through Jihad? Do you?

WHY is it a slap in the face? What religion did Timothy McVeigh practice? Do you know? Are you against those churches being built near his bombing in Oklahoma City?
What religion did McVeigh practice, or even profess a faith to?

Damn good question, Si modo....I am waiting for a response and also waiting to see the pst where he is against those churches as well.
As you keep talking about churches and McVeigh, you seem to be assuming something.

Whatever relevance that is, I can't guess.

But, you do keep yapping away about something.

The answer is no. I also do not recognize any groups from the Catholic Church bent on World Domination through Jihad? Do you?

I most certainly do not. I also do not believe that all Muslims are bent on World Domination through Jihad. Do you?

What religion did McVeigh practice, or even profess a faith to?

Damn good question, Si modo....I am waiting for a response and also waiting to see the pst where he is against those churches as well.
As you keep talking about churches and McVeigh, you seem to be assuming something.

Whatever relevance that is, I can't guess.

But, you do keep yapping away about something.

I get the fact that you are here to support Intense. But, now you are just making yourself look stupid. :lol:

Wasn't religious freedom one of our founding principles??

It is. What is Islam's position on Religious Freedom??? Please give me the Official and the Unofficial version? What is Islam's position of Freedom of Speech??? Individual Liberty??? Property??? Equal Protection??? Slavery??? Punishment??? Sharia Law V.S. Civil Law??? Sharia Law V.S. The consent of the governed???

Thought so. ;)

You know what? This is America. As long as they own the property, as long as it is zoned for such a structure, as long as the city planning commission has approved it, well I say let them build it. Would I prefer to see it somewhere else? Yes, yes I would. I would like to think that those building the mosque would be accutely aware of the animosity some feel about the idea and build it somewhere else, if for no other reason than to appear sensitive and build bridges.

Know I just believe that as long as Christians can build churches there and Jews can build synagogues in the same area, Muslims have the same right to build a mosque. And I know that the sooner everyone leaves this houses of simplicity and ignorance the world will be a better place. But until then, muslims can build a mosque on the site of WTC and Christians could build a chruch on a spot where some idiot killed an abortion doctor.

It is. What is Islam's position on Religious Freedom??? Please give me the Official and the Unofficial version? What is Islam's position of Freedom of Speech??? Individual Liberty??? Property??? Equal Protection??? Slavery??? Punishment??? Sharia Law V.S. Civil Law??? Sharia Law V.S. The consent of the governed???

Thought so. ;)

Who cares? We are talking about AMERICA'S founding principles. They make us who we are. Stop trying to project. You already look foolish enough as it is.

Bottom line is there are reforms needed in Islam and outside of Islam. Many have embraced, many still play and scheme, manipulate, and refuse to reconcile with God and Man.

Know I just believe that as long as Christians can build churches there and Jews can build synagogues in the same area, Muslims have the same right to build a mosque. And I know that the sooner everyone leaves this houses of simplicity and ignorance the world will be a better place. But until then, muslims can build a mosque on the site of WTC and Christians could build a chruch on a spot where some idiot killed an abortion doctor.

Are any of these churches or synagogues new construction? Or have they been there for several decades?

That is not proper association to the issue at hand..

No.. not all Catholics molest children... and not all muslims are terrorists

Not all catholic churches are in bad taste... not all muslim mosques are in bad taste...

It is indeed the association perceived and the event from the past and the proximity to the location of the horrid event... that is all....

I am not for any legal means to prevent this... not making it 'illegal' or zoning them out... I am saying it is in poor taste... just as it would be in poor taste for the PLO to build a meeting place next to the Lockerbie crash site, even though those building the PLO place did not have anything inherently to do with the past horrid action

Bottom line is there are reforms needed in Islam and outside of Islam. Many have embraced, many still play and scheme, manipulate, and refuse to reconcile with God and Man.

Which has WHAT to do with building a Mosque near Ground Zero, or anywhere else for that matter?

Thought so. ;)

Who cares? We are talking about AMERICA'S founding principles. They make us who we are. Stop trying to project. You already look foolish enough as it is.

You are disingenuous and you misrepresent my position. My position is not about Laws prohibiting construction, but courtesy, in finding an alternate site. The fact that you don't care, is evidence of your stupidity. Forcing your will through false argument doesn't fly.

Thought so. ;)

Irrelevant.

In the United States legal authority comes from the Unites States Constitution and not the Bible, Tora, or Koran. And the Constitution says there can be no law prohibiting people from believing and following any religion. Of course as long as they act within the confines of US law.

Thought so. ;)

Irrelevant.

In the United States legal authority comes from the Unites States Constitution and not the Bible, Tora, or Koran. And the Constitution says there can be no law prohibiting people from believing and following any religion. Of course as long as they act within the confines of US law.

That is not at issue. The poor choice of site location is. The reaction to the criticism is. Keep trying to make thought a crime though, bloviator. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now... I would be more up for something like a memorial park that showed symbolism and respect from all the major religions (Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Muslim, Shinto, Buddhism, etc) ... so that people of all faiths could come and pray in remembrance, or not, or just walk through and pay respect to the dead, and ensure the event is never forgotten

That is not at issue. The poor choice of site location is. The reaction to the criticism is. Keep trying to make thought a crime though, bloviator. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not arguing that site is the best of sites or that you cant criticize Muslims. But they do have the right to build a mosque there and will do so irregardless of what you or I think.

Forum List

Back