No, The Constitution Does Not Give You The Freedom To Travel

I've said for years that the gop getting overly involved in the pro-life movement at the behest of the bible-thumpers was one of the most pants-on-head retarded things that they could do.

I suspect the majority of right-leaners like myself see the utility of abortion as long as there are guardrails attached to the practice.

The dumb shit gop needs to look around.....There are 34% more people in the US now than when I was born in 1955.
You suspect wrong...because the majority of right-leaners on this post are in favor of it.....

You have this propensity to groom people to not cross state lines or be jailed because you are a tyrant-loving despot.
You have this propensity to not see when something is over your head.....go lay down karen, this isn't about you

xz4gled.jpg

Another waste of time as no state is going to be able to enforce a ban on travel.

There are states that ban gambling but could they prosecute people that travel to Vegas to gamble.

Another waste of time as no state is going to be able to enforce a ban on travel.

There are states that ban gambling but could they prosecute people that travel to Vegas to gamble.
It may be a waste of time -- but the Republican decision to block it sends a clear signal that to those states that feel they want to enforce it -- it's game on.....

So let me get this straight.

You support that all women be forcibly detained by the state and made to submit to pregnancy tests against their will before they can travel across state lines.

Correct?
I'm guessing that wouldn't go over well -----

I'm guessing that wouldn't go over well -----
It won't ever happen, so relax bro....

Republicans were just blocking a bill just in case certain states decided to actually block pregnant women from traveling...it would be hard to do, but let's say Sally told Cindy that she was leaving to get an abortion and Cindy called the cops....then Sally can be stopped and taken into custody....

and that is what America is all about....

It may be a waste of time -- but the Republican decision to block it sends a clear signal that to those states that feel they want to enforce it -- it's game on.....

There might be states that attempt to enforce it. They will attempt it even with this law. Politics are heading us down to the third world path.

"The Freedom to Travel for Health Care Act of 2022, authored by a trio of Democratic female lawmakers -- New York's Kirsten Gillibrand, Nevada's Catherine Cortez Masto and Patty Murray of Washington -- made an argument rooted in the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause that, among other things, essentially allows citizens freedom of travel to states while enjoying equal protection under the law. Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked a bill that would have both legally shielded the people who travel across states lines to receive an abortion and the providers who care for those patients. The blocked bill would codify the ability of people to travel without repercussion from a state where abortion is restricted to another state where it is legal."

I looked at the 14th amendment, it says nothing about Americans being allowed to freely travel across state lines -- especially for the purposes of committing a murder....this is a victory for Republicans and the unborn.....yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board just a few weeks ago were telling us how ridiculous it is to believe Republicans would actually try to block a person's ability to travel across state lines for abortions...yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board were telling us "Relax bro, bitches can still go get abortions in other states" -- but as is usually the case with Republicans, they are full of shit....

Add this to the republican smear campaign over a 10 yr old rape victim and how they essentially said she was lying and the doctors who cared for her were lying....they smeared her because if they had their way, that 10 yr old would be sitting in juvenile detention for trying to abort a pregnancy caused by rape -- because, Murica!! Now Republicans, the so-called small government folks, are going to have to explain to us how exactly do they plan to enforce this?? Will they have check points at the state line demanding to see freedom papers for every car with a female occupant?? Will guns be drawn when they suspect a woman of driving to commit a murder like they normally do when they stop a dangerous suspect? These questions need answers...
Well, I always assumed free travel across these United States and I don't think there is any case of Americans NOT having freedom of travel, so far. The 14th Amendment takes care of any such problem so I think the issue is moot.

I hope.

"The Freedom to Travel for Health Care Act of 2022, authored by a trio of Democratic female lawmakers -- New York's Kirsten Gillibrand, Nevada's Catherine Cortez Masto and Patty Murray of Washington -- made an argument rooted in the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause that, among other things, essentially allows citizens freedom of travel to states while enjoying equal protection under the law. Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked a bill that would have both legally shielded the people who travel across states lines to receive an abortion and the providers who care for those patients. The blocked bill would codify the ability of people to travel without repercussion from a state where abortion is restricted to another state where it is legal."

I looked at the 14th amendment, it says nothing about Americans being allowed to freely travel across state lines -- especially for the purposes of committing a murder....this is a victory for Republicans and the unborn.....yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board just a few weeks ago were telling us how ridiculous it is to believe Republicans would actually try to block a person's ability to travel across state lines for abortions...yea, I know "conservatives" on this message board were telling us "Relax bro, bitches can still go get abortions in other states" -- but as is usually the case with Republicans, they are full of shit....

Add this to the republican smear campaign over a 10 yr old rape victim and how they essentially said she was lying and the doctors who cared for her were lying....they smeared her because if they had their way, that 10 yr old would be sitting in juvenile detention for trying to abort a pregnancy caused by rape -- because, Murica!! Now Republicans, the so-called small government folks, are going to have to explain to us how exactly do they plan to enforce this?? Will they have check points at the state line demanding to see freedom papers for every car with a female occupant?? Will guns be drawn when they suspect a woman of driving to commit a murder like they normally do when they stop a dangerous suspect? These questions need answers...
the republicans create laws to suit them.

Weird. Don’t see anything about restricting travel, just that one will be held responsible for their actions.

Do you expect Republicans to support murder?

Translation: I got caught being a hypocrite again and now im scrambling to find a way out of this embarrassing situation.
Let me know when you ever seen me make a post or a comment about Kyle crossing state lines and me being mad about it -- instead of making up a position I never had because your bitch ass can't criticize your own party.....

Either you are happy Republicans are in favor of blocking a woman's freedom of travel, or you are not...deflecting won't save you pussy...

Last edited:
Weird. Don’t see anything about restricting travel, just that one will be held responsible for their actions.

Do you expect Republicans to support murder?
Responsible for their actions if they do what??

TRAVEL ACROSS STATE LINES

and for abortions to be murder, Republicans need to come out and say it is murder and give mothers the same time they give any other murderer.....but, they don't ...which tells me that even Republicans know they are full of shit...

You suspect wrong...because the majority of right-leaners on this post are in favor of it.....
Other than enjoying the REEEEEEEEing from the left (what's not to enjoy) I've not heard any of my right-leaning peers in my deep-red AO say they are totally against abortion. All I've heard is sentiments much like my own. Truth be told most people don't care about it as nothing has changed in my state and I don't suspect it will either other than maybe the 15-week guardrail thing.

LOL.....You just can't stand for a right-leaner to be pro-choice w/guardrails.....Well there's millions upon millions of us that see the utility.....It's a damn shame PP missed you. ;)

Other than enjoying the REEEEEEEEing from the left (what's not to enjoy) I've not heard any of my right-leaning peers in my deep-red AO say they are totally against abortion. All I've heard is sentiments much like my own. Truth be told most people don't care about it as nothing has changed in my state and I don't suspect it will either other than maybe the 15-week guardrail thing.

LOL.....You just can't stand for a right-leaner to be pro-choice w/guardrails.....Well there's millions upon millions of us that see the utility.....It's a damn shame PP missed you. ;)
This is like saying "I never heard anything about right-leaning people being against interracial marriage" on a post about right-leaning people blocking a bill to legalize interracial marriage....

Maybe this is why Conservatives have such a bad track record when it comes to Civil Rights -- they are either VEHEMENTLY OPPOSED TO IT or playing dumb about it like you are....and then when the heavy lifting is done by other folks - people like you come in after the fact like "hey bro, I was always on your side"

FOH

This is like saying "I never heard anything about right-leaning people being against interracial marriage" on a post about right-leaning people blocking a bill to legalize interracial marriage....

Maybe this is why Conservatives have such a bad track record when it comes to Civil Rights -- they are either VEHEMENTLY OPPOSED TO IT or playing dumb about it like you are....and then when the heavy lifting is done by other folks - people like you come in after the fact like "hey bro, I was always on your side"

FOH
ceiling cat.jpg

Forum List

Back