No government required

Come on man, do I really need to explain this to you? You can’t just throw out a simplistic example like, if you don’t like McDonald’s then don’t go there, and think that addresses what I’m talking about. Do you really not get it?
Only one of us doesn’t get it - and I assure you it isn’t me.
What don’t i get?

Dear P@triot and Slade3200
You are both talking about different angles by which
people CAN check big business (though this takes concerted effort to have any impact) and
ways big business SUBVERTS constitutional protections of people and free market
by MONOPOLIZING the legislative and legal process.

Yes to both, you are both right on both points:

1. Slade3200 's point is true that because "corporations" act as "individuals" with COLLECTIVE POWER
unequal to individuals, they can abuse this status to bypass Constitutional checks because those laws DON'T APPLY TO THEM.
Corporations are not required to follow the same limits on govt, unless the Corporations are sued, and lose in court, and enforce the orders.

It is VERY hard to do all 3 to check Corporations which run amok unchecked.
The Constitution does not protect us against Big Corporations
It is hard enough to hold Govt accountable to Constitutional checks,
and almost impossible to hold big corporations that monopolize courts, especially federal.
Even the lawyers all know this game is going on, and feel obliged to keep playing it for the money..

2. P@triot 's point is that the people's free choice is the ultimate check on Big Corporations by not doing business with them.
Yes, but this would have to be collectively organized to have the equivalent impact.
"One person" is not enough to stop a corporation that is considered a greater commercial interest.
So it has to be an organized movement of people to have the same impact as "one" corporate entity.

We can do this, but it takes a higher level of unity to meet and beat Corporations at their own game.

P and S: What is defeating the people in checking the Govt and Corporations
is we are divided by party instead of organizing as two witnesses to the same abuses!

Instead of fighting against each other, to compete whose party's wrongs are WORSE than the other,
why not agree to check ALL abuses that are outted by BOTH parties?

If the left checks the right, and the right checks the left,
if we support BOTH channels, we should clean up govt left and right!

Then when we have the audience of our govt,
then we can go after corporate abuses, that otherwise
take advantage of the division to get away with abuses at taxpayer expense.

We are letting the crooks ransack the store
while consumed in arguing with management
whose fault was greater for the lax security.
Why not focus on policing the STORE
instead of arguing whether to profile which
crooks are stealing more? We should be
going after ALL the crooks robbing the taxpayers.

Whether these are corporate or government or party interests!

When can we call a meeting of party members and leaders,
to organize a national movement for each party to police
different groups of crooks taking advantage and costing taxpayers?
How else can we address EVERY grievance, except we delegate
to the different parties to focus on different groups? The Greens
are good at researching environmental abuses costing us the public.
The Libertarians have researched out of control foreign spending
that has gotten the US in unauthorized debts deemed unconstitutional
which needs to get tracked and paid back instead of charging to taxpayers
without recourse. Republicans and Democrats are the best experts
at outting the abuses of taxmoney by the other party
so why not go after ALL these crooks, not compete to excuse one or the other.
We need to get paid back for ALL illicit spending or abuse of
public resources, laws and authority
The only thing missing is we are not fully united on all fronts.
if we did unite, that would be the national movement to check
ALL abuses whether by govt, party or corporate leaders.

So yes P@triot the people CAN check govt and corporations.
But it would take national unity to have the same weight.
We can do this, not by divided against each other, but
using parties to organize masses around EACH area of grievance and abuse.
so we stay focused, and not scattered. You are both right!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Emily. I agree with what you’re saying and would point out that partisanship is a huge factor in that divide. My original point is that one of the main purposes of government is to act as the voice of the people. The government should be that collective that you are speaking of. It is structured in a way to represent communities, cities, states and finally our nation to reflect the will of the people and protect our citizens from abuse at all levels. Unfortunately there has been corruption in both our free market and our government so both entities need to be checked. I still believe the government can and is intended to act in the best interest of the people but perhaps we have more of a responsibility to hold our representatives accountable and root out the corruption and bad actors.

I feel like the political Right is mostly focused with government corruption while turning a blind eye to corruption in the free market while the political left does just the opposite. It would be nice to put the ugly partisanship aside and actually be able to work with each other to find a productive and healthy median.

Yes Slade3200 when I bring up the point of holding Corporations accountable,
I get blank stares from both Republicans and Democrats, with only certain GREEN leaders having researched this problem and found a path to a solution. They recommend lobbying the state to revoke charters for corporations that abuse their personhood, and to demand to revoke that.

When I approached the Texas Democratic Party resolution committee about introducing a clause to hold Corporations accountable to the same Bill of rights and Code of ethics that govt is expected to follow, I was told in no uncertain terms that "private entities cannot be held to govt standards" and that these "code of ethics" would have to be rewritten as a state policy that applies to citizens and corporations.

In order to establish this common standard, all citizens and both parties would h ave to agree to the terms, similar to how the
Code of Ethics was written and passed UNANIMOUSLY through Congress.
www.ethics-commission.net

(Ironically it was the Democrats who violated this standard and supported Obama and Pelosi in mixing private "insurance" corporate interests and PARTY agenda/beliefs with govt instead of keeping them separated. The reason Democrats are unable to hold Republicans and Corporations to enforcing Constitutional standards is they bypass them and refuse to uphold them either. The Democrats are worse than the Republicans on this. At least the Republicans will check their own; so even though I get "blank stares" from both, if I pursue and argue on Constitutional grounds, I can eventually get some kind of answer out of Conservatives who commit to those standards, but the Democrats tend to push for party agenda and don't base their authority of law on the Constitution. The exceptions being Democrats who are Military or police and have taken oaths to uphold the Constitution, and some Muslim or Black church or activist members who put God's laws before party politics. At this point, it appears the Black Muslim and women leadership may be the bridge between parties to establish "common Constitutional ground", since the "white male politics" has become divided in endless turf wars for domination by one pack outbarking the others!)
Pardon my French but both parties are clusterfucks, stuck in perminant partisan campaign mode putting the next election over the best interest of the country. Time for the people and independents to make a stand

Only one of us doesn’t get it - and I assure you it isn’t me.
What don’t i get?

people CAN check big business (though this takes concerted effort to have any impact) and

1. Slade3200 's point is true that because "corporations" act as "individuals" with COLLECTIVE POWER
unequal to individuals, they can abuse this status to bypass Constitutional checks because those laws DON'T APPLY TO THEM.
Corporations are not required to follow the same limits on govt, unless the Corporations are sued, and lose in court, and enforce the orders.

and almost impossible to hold big corporations that monopolize courts, especially federal.
Even the lawyers all know this game is going on, and feel obliged to keep playing it for the money..

2. P@triot 's point is that the people's free choice is the ultimate check on Big Corporations by not doing business with them.
Yes, but this would have to be collectively organized to have the equivalent impact.
"One person" is not enough to stop a corporation that is considered a greater commercial interest.
So it has to be an organized movement of people to have the same impact as "one" corporate entity.

We can do this, but it takes a higher level of unity to meet and beat Corporations at their own game.

is we are divided by party instead of organizing as two witnesses to the same abuses!

Instead of fighting against each other, to compete whose party's wrongs are WORSE than the other,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Emily. I agree with what you’re saying and would point out that partisanship is a huge factor in that divide. My original point is that one of the main purposes of government is to act as the voice of the people. The government should be that collective that you are speaking of. It is structured in a way to represent communities, cities, states and finally our nation to reflect the will of the people and protect our citizens from abuse at all levels. Unfortunately there has been corruption in both our free market and our government so both entities need to be checked. I still believe the government can and is intended to act in the best interest of the people but perhaps we have more of a responsibility to hold our representatives accountable and root out the corruption and bad actors.

I feel like the political Right is mostly focused with government corruption while turning a blind eye to corruption in the free market while the political left does just the opposite. It would be nice to put the ugly partisanship aside and actually be able to work with each other to find a productive and healthy median.

I get blank stares from both Republicans and Democrats, with only certain GREEN leaders having researched this problem and found a path to a solution. They recommend lobbying the state to revoke charters for corporations that abuse their personhood, and to demand to revoke that.

When I approached the Texas Democratic Party resolution committee about introducing a clause to hold Corporations accountable to the same Bill of rights and Code of ethics that govt is expected to follow, I was told in no uncertain terms that "private entities cannot be held to govt standards" and that these "code of ethics" would have to be rewritten as a state policy that applies to citizens and corporations.

In order to establish this common standard, all citizens and both parties would h ave to agree to the terms, similar to how the

(Ironically it was the Democrats who violated this standard and supported Obama and Pelosi in mixing private "insurance" corporate interests and PARTY agenda/beliefs with govt instead of keeping them separated. The reason Democrats are unable to hold Republicans and Corporations to enforcing Constitutional standards is they bypass them and refuse to uphold them either. The Democrats are worse than the Republicans on this. At least the Republicans will check their own; so even though I get "blank stares" from both, if I pursue and argue on Constitutional grounds, I can eventually get some kind of answer out of Conservatives who commit to those standards, but the Democrats tend to push for party agenda and don't base their authority of law on the Constitution. The exceptions being Democrats who are Military or police and have taken oaths to uphold the Constitution, and some Muslim or Black church or activist members who put God's laws before party politics. At this point, it appears the Black Muslim and women leadership may be the bridge between parties to establish "common Constitutional ground", since the "white male politics" has become divided in endless turf wars for domination by one pack outbarking the others!)
Pardon my French but both parties are clusterfucks, stuck in perminant partisan campaign mode putting the next election over the best interest of the country. Time for the people and independents to make a stand

You know, the partisanship started the minute that McConnell got together with all the other Republicans the day after Obama was elected and vowed to do everything in their power to make him a one term president.

You know, the partisanship started the minute that McConnell got together with all the other Republicans the day after Obama was elected and vowed to do everything in their power to make him a one term president.
You know, that’s what happens when a President vows to “fundamentally change the U.S.”, vows to redistribute wealth, demonizes success, declares that daddy taught him the U.S. was the “great imperialists”, and promotes propping up other nations to the detriment of the U.S.

Barack Insane Obama openly declared his contempt for the United States, wealth, business, etc. Mitch McConnell and the Republicans would have been derelict in their duties had they not done what their constituents sent them to Washington to do (implement conservative policy and values, block failed liberal policies).

Last edited:
What don’t i get?

Well, it didn’t work because they were and all are career politicians... corrupt on all sides.

What don’t i get?

It’s always been around but I agree, that right there kicked it up a notch and now the Dems are out for payback and the problems are snowballing

You know, that’s what happens when a President vows to “fundamentally change the U.S.”, vows to redistribute wealth, demonizes success, declares that daddy taught him the U.S. was the “great imperialists”, and promotes propping up other nations to the detriment of the U.S.

Barack Insane Obama openly declared his contempt for the United States, wealth, business, etc. Mitch McConnell and the Republicans would have been derelict in their duties had they not done what their constituents sent them to Washington to do (implemented conservative policy and values, block failed liberal policies).
And yet the great imperialist American hating President was elected by the vast majority of the people for two terms. Niether election was even close. But I guess fuck the will of the people you know best, right?

Ever heard of GPS? Hate to tell you, but it was developed by the government,

It wasn't developed to tell our phone where we are ... it was developed by the Department of Defense to provide a fast, accurate way of fixing positions for the military.

Civilian usage is a byproduct not just for Americans, but for the entire world.

Fun Fact: The first country to install the GPS system in cars was Japan (and only for domestic Japanese models).

Barack Insane Obama openly declared his contempt for the United States, wealth, business, etc. Mitch McConnell and the Republicans would have been derelict in their duties had they not done what their constituents sent them to Washington to do (implemented conservative policy and values, block failed liberal policies).
And yet the great imperialist American hating President was elected by the vast majority of the people for two terms. Niether election was even close. But I guess fuck the will of the people you know best, right?
He ran against spineless McCain and soulless Romney, Neither of which could win dogcatcher...
They certainly were not conservatives

The people also elected Mitch McConnell and the Republicans, my fragile little snowflake. And...they elected Donald Trump by a shit-ton so I guess you better start supporting everything he does (by your own idiotic “logic”).

And not for nothing but...fuck the will of the progressive who wants to achieve their bat-shit crazy ideology via executive fiat because 90% can’t or won’t read the U.S. Constitution and the other 10% know they can’t get the votes they need. We are a nation of laws whether you little bitches like it or not. So suck it Slade.

He ran against spineless McCain and soulless Romney, Neither of which could win dogcatcher...
Well...Romney was a true conservative. But remember - by that point Barack Insane Obama had control of the federal government for 4 years and was engaging in unimaginable illegal activity (like using the IRS to block conservative organizations, voter fraud, etc.).

Well...Romney was a true conservative. But remember - by that point Barack Insane Obama had control of the federal government for 4 years and was engaging in unimaginable illegal activity (like using the IRS to block conservative organizations, voter fraud, etc.).

How the hell was Holder not forced to resign after being held in contempt of Congress for not turning over Fast and Furious documents?

Most transparent administration in history.:badgrin:

So what? Trump ran against Hillary and Jones ran against a child molester. What’s your point?

The people also elected Mitch McConnell and the Republicans, my fragile little snowflake. And...they elected Donald Trump by a shit-ton so I guess you better start supporting everything he does (by your own idiotic “logic”).

And not for nothing but...fuck the will of the progressive who wants to achieve their bat-shit crazy ideology via executive fiat because 90% can’t or won’t read the U.S. Constitution and the other 10% know they can’t get the votes they need. We are a nation of laws whether you little bitches like it or not. So suck it Slade.
You call me snowflake while your the one going off in the emotional rant. Funny guy. Trump didn’t win by a shit ton BTW. He lost the popular vote by 3 million and only won the electoral college by 70k in the swing states. It doesn’t get much closer. Get your facts straight.

Also in a democracy you don’t get to say fuck the other side, especially when the other side is in the majority. That’s not how it works. That’s how dictatorships work

If what you say is true then a true conservative should have wiped the floor with a law breaking anti American socialist. But that’s not exactly reality is it? Come back to earth dude, your off the radar.

So what? Trump ran against Hillary and Jones ran against a child molester. What’s your point?
Soulless Romney and spineless McCain were/are just career politicians just like Obama, corrupt to the core...

Soulless Romney and spineless McCain were/are just career politicians just like Obama, corrupt to the core...
I ask again what’s your point and how is it relevant to the conversation?

Like I said all career politicians are the same… Or are you too stupid to realize that

Like I said all career politicians are the same… Or are you too stupid to realize that
No two people are the same but that’s a different discussion. My question is what this has to do with the conversation or are you just trying to drop out random thoughts.

Bees make honey. Fact

No two people are the same but that’s a different discussion. My question is what this has to do with the conversation or are you just trying to drop out random thoughts.

Bees make honey. Fact
All career politicians have one agenda, themselves... That makes them all the same

Forum List

Back