No assault weapon was used

Little Big Horn.....but what does that have to do with the media attacking a weapon that was not used in the school attack?
As I pointed out earlier, as long as there was a gun in the car, any kind of gun, the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood will deny the AR-15 was ever used.

The Newtown and Firefighter Shooters Used the Same Type of Gun - National - The Atlantic Wire

There's something about this Bushmaster AR-15: Both Adam Lanza and William Spangler, the two gunmen in the Newtown and firefighter shootings, respectively, got their hands on the same make of semi-automatic, the .223 caliber rifle, pictured right.
50b80ec3107f9a1a9c5fafffa74e2d43_300x161.jpg

This popular sporting gun seems to be the weapon of choice for many a mass murderer. It's also the same gun used by James Holmes, of the Aurora theater shootings last summer, as well as Jacob Tyler Roberts, the mall shooter from a few weeks back. What is it about this Bushmaster that makes it so available and desirable for these gunmen?

For one, there are a lot of Bushmaster AR-15s out there. It's one of the most popular sporting guns, noted Time's Madison Grey. Lanza didn't purchase his at a store, but rather, his mother, a "gun enthusiast," had owned the guns, which is reportedly how Lanza got his hands on them. It is still not clear where Spangler got his Bushmaster. As a felon, it was illegal for Spangler to possess a firearm. So he must've gotten his hands on one already purchased. Between 2000 and 2010, the company sold over 2 million of the Bushmaster make. 1.5 million AR-15s have been sold in the last five years alone, according to Guns and Ammo. Also a testament to their wide popularity, the guns started flying off shelves after Newtown.

No way!! You mean a felon got a gun he shouldn't have and then used it to kill? You mean a crazy 20 yr old STOLE guns and used them to kill. Breaking more than 10 laws in the process?

Tell me again how gun bans or regulations will stop this.
That's Right, felons get guns because the NRA defends, with the blood of the innocent, a third party straw purchaser's right to sell guns to felons.

I don't like posting in gun threads. I am no expert. But I am an enthusiast. I'm more of a Hawken kinda chick.

But I have to ask the question, don't you understand the ability of a crazy person to kill as many people as possible without a gun?

Why not outlaw airplanes?

I really mean it. Talk about a massacre.

Now outlaw airplanes. Give er.

So you don't understand the difference between an accident and someone purposely taking the lives of others with a weapon? I'd also like to note that I'm a liberal who isn't calling for a gun ban.

All of the gun supporters, please stop using car accidents and airplane crashes to compare to gun deaths. They aren't close to being the same thing.

The hijackers of 9/11/01 purposely took the lives of thousands with their weapon of choice ... airplanes.

But please, do continue.

Good job cherry picking there. I'm sure there are a few people killed each year by someone purposely running them over as well. There are 32,000 killed by guns each year. If you want to keep looking like a fool, go ahead and keep comparing gun deaths to automobile accident deaths.

So you don't understand the difference between an accident and someone purposely taking the lives of others with a weapon? I'd also like to note that I'm a liberal who isn't calling for a gun ban.

All of the gun supporters, please stop using car accidents and airplane crashes to compare to gun deaths. They aren't close to being the same thing.

The hijackers of 9/11/01 purposely took the lives of thousands with their weapon of choice ... airplanes.

But please, do continue.

Good job cherry picking there. I'm sure there are a few people killed each year by someone purposely running them over as well. There are 32,000 killed by guns each year. If you want to keep looking like a fool, go ahead and keep comparing gun deaths to automobile accident deaths.

32,000 killed by guns....did you get that from the same source as the one that says the rifle in the moms back seat killed all the children in the school. Even if by some chance the 32,000 happens to be correct you don't want to compare it to the automobile accident deaths.

This .223 rifle

11643005_2.jpg

is functionally no different from the AR 15.

So I guess I still don't get the hysteria about the AR 15 is it because it looks scary?

The mini 14 that you show will shoot a much tighter pattern than the AR15. No doubt these firearms are being sold and judged by the package they come in. As a state trooper this is what we had in our vehicles.

So these guys are using the wrong gun altogether? Someone should get the word out to them.

But please, do continue.

32,000 killed by guns....did you get that from the same source as the one that says the rifle in the moms back seat killed all the children in the school. Even if by some chance the 32,000 happens to be correct you don't want to compare it to the automobile accident deaths.

Most reports are that the shotgun was in the back seat.

I won't compare gun deaths with automobile deaths as that is a foolish comparison. Most automobile deaths are accidental while using a vehicle intended for transportation. Most gun deaths are due to one person taking the life of another while using an object designed to kill.

I'll also add the disclaimer again that I don't want to ban guns. The automobile argument is just a terrible argument, there are many out there that one can use to prove their point.

Most reports are that the shotgun was in the back seat.

I won't compare gun deaths with automobile deaths as that is a foolish comparison. Most automobile deaths are accidental while using a vehicle intended for transportation. Most gun deaths are due to one person taking the life of another while using an object designed to kill.

I'll also add the disclaimer again that I don't want to ban guns. The automobile argument is just a terrible argument, there are many out there that one can use to prove their point.
then compare them to deaths by knife or beatings or fire or bow or ect ect ect

But please, do continue.

Those airplane attacks killed hundreds and hundreds more people in one fell swoop than all the killing sprees with ARs combined. Should aeroplanes be banned? No, that's a stupid idea isn't it? Bad guys use what they want as a weapon ... aeroplanes, banned guns, home made bombs. Banning things doesn't do anything except keep the good guys from purchasing the banned weapons. So the bad guys (who don't follow the rules) get the ARs and other banned weapons (did you know they're looking to ban 120 different firearms?*) and the good guys (who follow the rules) get a limited choice of weapons.

Liberal logic is whack. :cuckoo:

* Report: Senate Moving to Ban Certain Handguns, Assault Weapons Independent Journal Review

The coroner, and police state that the gun that was used was an AR.
Assault rifle used during Sandy Hook massacre - CBS News
How dare you spoil a perfectly good nutcase rant with the facts. :mad:
CT has banned assault rifles and the rifle he used was state compliant so it couldn't have been an assault rifle. Everyone is wanting to play on technicalities so let's get technical.
Diane Feinstein has just re written the assault rifle ban here in California. They make up their own rules as to what constitutes an assault gun.

And Diane Feinstein is rumored to have dementia. So quake with fear you tiny fools.

Soon they'll be cutting off hands like the Muslims.

NRA-ILA | Feinstein Goes For Broke With New Gun-Ban Bill

Last edited:
I am convienced that if he had rushed into the school with a knife and killed the same number and the assault rifle was in the back seat of the car we would still be hearing about nothing but the assault rifle.

Coz we are always hearing about mass stabbings in schools?

A teacher had a load of guns. Some one stole them and murdered people and your solution is more guns?

"22 children and elderly woman stabbed outside primary school by Chinese knifeman
No motive was given for the stabbings, which echo a string of similar assaults against schoolchildren in 2010
Latest in series of similar attacks at Chinese schools and kindergartens"

China stabbing: 22 children and elderly woman stabbed outside primary school by Chinese knifeman | Mail Online

I am convienced that if he had rushed into the school with a knife and killed the same number and the assault rifle was in the back seat of the car we would still be hearing about nothing but the assault rifle.

A teacher had a load of guns. Some one stole them and murdered people and your solution is more guns?

"22 children and elderly woman stabbed outside primary school by Chinese knifeman
No motive was given for the stabbings, which echo a string of similar assaults against schoolchildren in 2010

China stabbing: 22 children and elderly woman stabbed outside primary school by Chinese knifeman | Mail Online

Did you read the article and notice that nobody died?

Did you read the article and notice that nobody died?

It has happen before and Children were killed, but what difference does it make? He could have easily killed a number of children but he didn't.

Forum List

Back