No assault weapon was used

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bornright, Dec 23, 2012.

1. bornright

bornright Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    No assault weapon was used in the shooting at the elementry school in Ct. The rifle that was left in the back seat of the car seems to be the main topic of discussion. He used two semi automatic pistols. We all know that it is the benefit of this left wing agenda and the media which seems to be one and the same, that the words "ASSAULT RIFLE" be spoke as often as possible even though it lay cold in the back seat of his mom's car.

The other day I heard on MSNBC claiming that the NRA stood for such a small group of people that feared the government were coming to kill them. This is stupid. There probably is a very small group of nut cases that believe such. Most desire guns for self protection from criminals. Yes there is a need for some to have these assault weapons with a 30 round clip. As an ex-police officer I am telling you there is not enough police to protect all of us. Many do not remember the Rodney King riots where for political reasons the police were told to back off and the thugs robbed, killed and burned their way through many neighborhoods. This is why people want 30 round clips. We should all have the ability to protect ourselves, family, and property.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    got a credible link that backs-up your OP?

3. bornright

bornright Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Which part? The part about the rifle being in the back seat of his moms car during the shooting or the Rodney King riot.

4. eflatminor

eflatminor Classical Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,053
    I read conflicting stories about this, so I was waiting for an official finding. Do you have a link?

5. bornright

bornright Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I am not proficient enough to send you the link. If you go to google and type "assault rifle found in the back seat of mom's car in school shooting" numerous sites will come up including USA today.

6. bornright

bornright Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I am convienced that if he had rushed into the school with a knife and killed the same number and the assault rifle was in the back seat of the car we would still be hearing about nothing but the assault rifle.

7. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,315
  8. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,699
  9. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,699
    I am convinced that as long as he left one assault weapon in his car, no matter how many assault weapons he used in the school some idiot will deny he ever used an assault weapon.

10. Doc91678

Doc91678 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99

Three weapons were recovered from the school: a semi-automatic .223 Bushmaster found in a car in the school parking lot, and a Glock and a Sig Sauer found with Lanza's body, a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation said. The weapons were legally purchased by Lanza's mother, the official said.
    {snip}

Read more at:
    Police: 20 children among 26 victims of Connecticut school shooting - CNN.com

Since we know that CNN is biased and in the pocket of Maobama it's got to be fact and the truth.
    The Bushmaster AR-15 was not used to kill those children. There goes part of your cause celebre`.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1