NHL sets up a “No White Men Allowed” Job Fair

Quite the contrary, Straight white males have a HUGE advantage in the employment world, and everyone knows it.

As for Conservatives, most of them are too stupid to really perform job functions, so employers should be worried when they self-identify as stupid with MAGA hats.
Liberals are more concerned with virtue signaling that doing any work. See how I can play that game too, Commie scumbag? And no, the NHL will face major discrimination lawsuits if they push forward with this PC bullshit.

Liberals are more concerned with virtue signaling that doing any work. See how I can play that game too, Commie scumbag? And no, the NHL will face major discrimination lawsuits if they push forward with this PC bullshit.

Actually, they probably won't. Proving ANY Kind of discrimination in hiring is pretty difficult. If you didn't get the job, you probably won't know who did, what considerations went into that hiring decision, etc.

Yes, OH MY GOD, they OFFENDED YOUR WHITE MALE PRIVILEGE!!!

How DARE they!

Hey, how about we discriminate against white people for 400 years, and that would make it even.
So again, you support discrimination. I disagree with that notion. You’re chilling with Jim Crow.. should make one rethink their position I’d assume

The bakers never denied regular service to gay people. They provided standard cakes and anyone could buy them... black, white, asian, hispanic, gay, straight, trans, etc. So your narrative is busted.

The issue came in which special cakes were introduced in which the business had to apply creative license and specific application. That's where forcing people to act against their religion comes into play. If I went to a Muslim cake baker, I'd expect to be able to buy a generic marriage cake, but I wouldn't expect to be able to buy a Christian cross filled, "Mohammad is fake" cake. They would have the right to refuse me because my request for a special creation violates their morals.
Talk about another lilywhite fake equivlency.

going into a Christian baker and asking them to make a cake that said, "Jesus was Fake" would be offensive.

Asking them to provide the same wedding cake to gay people they provide to straight people is not.

If "religion" were an issue, they shouldn't sell wedding cakes to the 75% of couples that live together before marriage or the 99% who have sex before marriage. They shouldn't sell to any woman wearing pants.

Oh, shut the fuck up, you lily-white sissyboy.

You wouldn't last one fucking week as a minority.

The biggest beneficiaries of Affirmative Action have been unattractive white women.
Interesting how one deals with the realization that they support Jim Crow discrimination..

A. Look inward and realize that judging people based on skin color is how the mess began.

B.Throw a temper tantrum in anger and call the person who opposes discrimination names.

You circled B. Yikes.

Talk about another lilywhite fake equivlency.

going into a Christian baker and asking them to make a cake that said, "Jesus was Fake" would be offensive.

Asking them to provide the same wedding cake to gay people they provide to straight people is not.

If "religion" were an issue, they shouldn't sell wedding cakes to the 75% of couples that live together before marriage or the 99% who have sex before marriage. They shouldn't sell to any woman wearing pants.
Anyone can buy basic cakes.. gay, straight, trans, etc. so the bumper sticker claims by the left are wrong from the start.

Creating a unique specialized cake is by definition different, and any person of any religion should be able to say they don’t feel comfortable creating an expression that violates their beliefs. It comes down to respect.. and you don’t appear to respect the rights of religious people that much. I don’t get why you want to force people to create expressions that they oppose.. it’s authoritarian statist stuff.

Captain White Fragility strikes again.

Interesting how one deals with the realization that they support Jim Crow discrimination..

A. Look inward and realize that judging people based on skin color is how the mess began.

B.Throw a temper tantrum in anger and call the person who opposes discrimination names.

Except increasing diversity isn't Jim Crow. A white male is ALWAYS going to have a huge advantage in a job search by virtue of being a white male because most of the people making hiring decisions are - WAIT FOR IT - white males.

I can tell you that out of some 8 jobs I've gotten since leaving the Army in 1992, a white male made the decision to hire me in all but one of them (in which case, it was a white female.) Even the Japanese company I worked for it was still a white dude.

So there is no huge discrimination against white people when a mostly white organization says, "Hey, let's interview a few minorities."

So again, fuck you, you disingenuous fuck.

Anyone can buy basic cakes.. gay, straight, trans, etc. so the bumper sticker claims by the left are wrong from the start.

Not at all. That was never the issue. The issue is whether or not they can refuse services when they are a public accommodation. If you offer a service, you have to offer it to everyone.

Creating a unique specialized cake is by definition different, and any person of any religion should be able to say they don’t feel comfortable creating an expression that violates their beliefs. It comes down to respect.. and you don’t appear to respect the rights of religious people that much. I don’t get why you want to force people to create expressions that they oppose.. it’s authoritarian statist stuff.

There's nothing special about a wedding cake, which has NO RELIGIOUS SIGNIFIGANCE. They aren't mentioned in the bible. They are in fact a Roman tradition that Christianity inherited. So hypothetically, if they were truly Christian, they wouldn't be repeating a pagan fertility festival.

Except increasing diversity isn't Jim Crow. A white male is ALWAYS going to have a huge advantage in a job search by virtue of being a white male because most of the people making hiring decisions are - WAIT FOR IT - white males.
Your problem is that you think everyone else is as racist as you are. Sure, you might hire based only on skin color, but most people don’t (until big companies have recently). Most people only see the color green, and aren’t obsessed with race like you are.
Stay classy, and mature ;) Don’t worry, there’s adults here that will take the high road, and wish you well regardless
There's nothing special about a wedding cake, which has NO RELIGIOUS SIGNIFIGANCE. They aren't mentioned in the bible. They are in fact a Roman tradition that Christianity inherited. So hypothetically, if they were truly Christian, they wouldn't be repeating a pagan fertility festival.
LMAO.. wow, thanks for the chuckle.

I’d stop projecting your faults and insecurities onto others and then get mad when others don’t share your crippling cynicism of the world.. not everyone walks around angry at invented injustices under every rock like you do.

You should look at who people are, not what color their skin is.

Your problem is that you think everyone else is as racist as you are. Sure, you might hire based only on skin color, but most people don’t (until big companies have recently). Most people only see the color green, and aren’t obsessed with race like you are.

You make statements like this, and I have to honestly wonder if you have ever held a real job. If anything, being the boss makes you MORE likely to engage in awful behavior, not less.

Tell you a true story, even though I know how much you hate those.

Worked for a company in 2012. We had a white boss who had his little clique of friends and the rest of us were kind of just there. And yes, all his clique of friends were white. Mostly 30 somethings because he was a fiftysomething trying to party like a younger person.

Now, in 2012, we had three members of our team who left the company, and as a Department we held a separate lunch for each of them.

A Black woman who had been with the company for 2 years, handled a very important account.
An Asian-American woman who had been with the company for 9 years, and established a lot of critical partnerships with vendors in Asia.
And a white intern who worked with us for two months.

Now, guess which one of these three women the General Manager took time out of his schedule for to join us for lunch?

Yup, the white intern.

Now, yeah, this was just a lunch, but it shows the bias that a lot of managers have. (This same manager once got rid of a black contractor to create headcount space to rehire one of his drinking buddies who left the company a year before.)

So short version, a white boss can be a bigot and totally convince himself that he's doing the best thing for the company. Because it's not like anyone is going to tell him otherwise.

Stay classy, and mature ;) Don’t worry, there’s adults here that will take the high road, and wish you well regardless

Your childish white fragility isn't mature buddy. It's a petulant child being told no and throwing a tantrum. "Waaa, why isn't the NHL Hiring white people! My privilege".

I’d stop projecting your faults and insecurities onto others and then get mad when others don’t share your crippling cynicism of the world.. not everyone walks around angry at invented injustices under every rock like you do.

You should look at who people are, not what color their skin is.
You are right. You being an absolute piece of human garbage has nothing to do with you being white.

You being an absolute piece of human garbage has nothing to do with you being white.
Man, the anger… so triggered, so sensitive, so insecure. I guess I’ll just bid permanent farewell and leave you to be with your spiteful, conspiratorial, race-obsessed self. Feel free to put me on ignore likewise, no skin off anyone’s back. I Hope things get better for you, and one day you can get over this strong hatred you glaringly hold.

You make statements like this, and I have to honestly wonder if you have ever held a real job. If anything, being the boss makes you MORE likely to engage in awful behavior, not less.

Out of all the jobs I've had, in a variety of different professions, of all the bosses I've had, I've ever only had one boss for which I didn't have great respect. My colleagues, at that time, all thought he was an asshole, as well, so it wasn't just me.

I have had the occasional misfortune of working with people who had the same attitude about the bosses, and the job as a whole, that you always express. They were assholes, just like you. They were the ones who were always fucking up, and creating more work for me and the others who actually cared about doing our jobs. Fortunately, those kind don't last very long in any of the jobs in which I've encountered them.

It's not your bosses that have been assholes. It's you.

Out of all the jobs I've had, in a variety of different professions, of all the bosses I've had, I've ever only had one boss for which I didn't have great respect. My colleagues, at that time, all thought he was an asshole, as well, so it wasn't just me.

Really, here's the list of awful behavior I've seen from bosses. (not just towards me personally).

1) The guy who fired two women after they got pregnant.
2) The guy who sexually harassed an employee
3) Firing an employee when they found out she was a lesbian. Said employee had worked for the company for 15 years.
4) Hiring a bunch of people for a department before re-organizing that department out of existence
5) The aforementioned guy who only noticed white employees.
6) The company that was going to close down our branch, but lied to us about keeping it open because they knew if we all quit, no one was going to take those positions.
7) Letting go of people (myself included) who had medical issues.
8) Firing people who offended a fuckup salesman who was the sales' directors son.
9) Letting the regional manager's mistress terrorize the wage slaves.

ANd this is just company's I've worked at personally, not the hundreds of people I've helped write resumes.

There's an old saying- people don't quit jobs, they quit bosses.

I have had the occasional misfortune of working with people who had the same attitude about the bosses,
Except you don't work in an office... and you failed miserably at being a computer programmer.

So that's really not much to say. I honestly doubt you'd last a week in an office environment screaming your crazy about wanting to execute women for having abortions.

Man, I know that you stay up all night with your head canon about me, but you really need to stop obsessing.

Man, the anger… so triggered, so sensitive, so insecure. I guess I’ll just bid permanent farewell and leave you to be with your spiteful, conspiratorial, race-obsessed self. Feel free to put me on ignore likewise, no skin off anyone’s back. I Hope things get better for you, and one day you can get over this strong hatred you glaringly hold.

Naw, man, you think being a racist bigot is a virtue... which is kind of sad.
White Fragility...

So that's really not much to say. I honestly doubt you'd last a week in an office environment screaming your crazy about wanting to execute women for having abortions.

Given how prominently psychological projection figures into many of your bizarre, delusional fantasies about me, I have to wonder about how you imagine that I would behave in such a manner, if not that that is how you wish you could get away with behaving—ranting at work to your bosses, coworkers, clients, etc., about how much you hate and wish you could murder Mormons, Catholics, Republicans, or anyone that's not a criminal or a pervert or some other form of subhuman filth.

It almost always stands out, after all, how fond you are of falsely accusing others of vices that are very obviously your own.

Last edited:
Given how prominently psychological projection figures into many of your bizarre, delusional fantasies about me, I have to wonder about how you imagine that I would behave in such a manner,

Well, mostly because you say that crazy shit here... that's why I suspect that you would probably do the crazy in the office.

Unless you are admitting you are a Milqutoast type who just expresses his rage here...

if not that that is how you wish you could get away with behaving—ranting at work to your bosses, coworkers, clients, etc., about how much you hate

Well,no, criticism isn't hate... but let's move on.

wish you could murder Mormons, Catholics, Republicans, or anyone that's not a criminal or a pervert or some other form of subhuman filth.
When have I ever said that I would murder members of your deranged cult (much less anyone else)? And of course, nearly all my relatives are practicing Catholics. (I really don't have a problem with Catholics, I have a huge problem with the corrupt pedophile run church.)

Sorry, Bob, you come off a big old ball of crazy...

Captain White Fragility strikes again.

I can tell you that out of some 8 jobs I've gotten since leaving the Army in 1992, a white male made the decision to hire me in all but one of them (in which case, it was a white female.) Even the Japanese company I worked for it was still a white dude.

So there is no huge discrimination against white people when a mostly white organization says, "Hey, let's interview a few minorities."

Not at all. That was never the issue. The issue is whether or not they can refuse services when they are a public accommodation. If you offer a service, you have to offer it to everyone.

Your points are made. However, there are many people hired who are not that good but are within the parameters of where employed. And making a point of that is interpreted as hate. So, someone else is denied. Plus, the employment is lop sided in that there are privileged working class and not so privileged working class as per pay and benefits.

Forum List

Back