NHL sets up a “No White Men Allowed” Job Fair

Your points are made. However, there are many people hired who are not that good but are within the parameters of where employed. And making a point of that is interpreted as hate. So, someone else is denied. Plus, the employment is lop sided in that there are privileged working class and not so privileged working class as per pay and benefits.

Well, you'd probably have to stay on your meds to be employed.

The reality is, if you are white straight and male, you have a MUCH better chance of finding a job.

20210702_BrookingsMetro_JobsReport_Fig2-01.png

Well, you'd probably have to stay on your meds to be employed.

The reality is, if you are white straight and male, you have a MUCH better chance of finding a job.

20210702_BrookingsMetro_JobsReport_Fig2-01.png
Yeah? Some years ago, the Buffalo Fire Department was subject to a lawsuit brought on by nine white firefighters because, even though they scored much higher in the lieutenant's exam, were passed over because they were the wrong skin color. They won the suit though.

Given how prominently psychological projection figures into many of your bizarre, delusional fantasies about me, I have to wonder about how you imagine that I would behave in such a manner, if not that that is how you wish you could get away with behaving—ranting at work to your bosses, coworkers, clients, etc., about how much you hate and wish you could murder Mormons, Catholics, Republicans, or anyone that's not a criminal or a pervert or some other form of subhuman filth.

It almost always stands out, after all, how fond you are of falsely accusing others of vices that are very obviously your own.
indeed. Most angry, bitter, spiteful, dishonest poster ive seen. It became pointless to reply

Yeah? Some years ago, the Buffalo Fire Department was subject to a lawsuit brought on by nine white firefighters because, even though they scored much higher in the lieutenant's exam, were passed over because they were the wrong skin color. They won the suit though.
Most jobs don't have a test... so again, fail.
Here's the problem the NHL has. with an 85% white staff, the burden falls on any POC that they were discriminated against UNLESS the NHL actually made good faith efforts to recruit and hire.

indeed. Most angry, bitter, spiteful, dishonest poster ive seen. It became pointless to reply
Yes, your bitch-slapping was thorough. Maybe you need to pull up your big boy pants and not thinking whatever sophistry you learned in debate club work here.

Most jobs don't have a test... so again, fail.
Here's the problem the NHL has. with an 85% white staff, the burden falls on any POC that they were discriminated against UNLESS the NHL actually made good faith efforts to recruit and hire.

Yes, your bitch-slapping was thorough. Maybe you need to pull up your big boy pants and not thinking whatever sophistry you learned in debate club work here.
But it does not mean bending over and grabbing ankle to Jesse Jerkson and Al Charletan either.

But it does not mean bending over and grabbing ankle to Jesse Jerkson and Al Charletan either.

Good, I wouldn't want to do that, either. (Although Jesse is largely retired now.)

Now, here's the thing. I actually got passed over once in favor an Affirmative Action hire. (actually, twice, if you count the time they promoted an unqualified white female).

I had worked at this company for six months as a contractor. They had a full time position open and I applied for it. Had pretty much proven myself by not only resolving a truly messed up situation with their logistics, but also rewrote their policies and procedures books so they could pass ISO Certifications.

And they hired a woman with much less experience but had a higher shade of melanin. Which wouldn't have been as awful in and of itself, but she was also incompetent and kind of lazy. Spent about half her day on Amazon. Didn't understand processes after they were explained to her multiple times.

But you know what. Wasn't such a big deal. Why? Because as a white male, I was ALWAYS going to have an easier time getting hired because most of the hiring decisions are made by- wait for it - other white males. Also, avoid contract work like the plague, that is just a license for them to abuse you.

Now, yes, I've seen a couple of bad AA hires. I've also seen my share of hires that were relatives or drinking buddies of the boss.

Forum List

Back