NFL'er: How To Deal With National Anthem Protests

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
NFL Hall of Famer Franco Harris says national anthem protests would not have been tolerated in his day.

A recent protest by a group of Cleveland Browns players caused a backlash with local police and EMS workers, who said they would not participate in an upcoming pregame flag ceremony.

Harris said that America certainly has social issues that must be dealt with, but Kaepernick and other players should find a different platform for their protests.

“If someone has a certain stance that they want to take, that’s fine,” Harris said. “When he puts on that suit, when he steps out on that field, now it’s more than just him. It's his teammates, it's the NFL, and it's the fans."

Harris went on to say that the team must come first, and coaches and teammates in his day would have confronted Kaepernick over his protest.

“We had two of the meanest guys in football, who I think would’ve dealt with it that way, and that would’ve been Joe Greene and Jack Lambert," Harris said.

Another NFL legend, Jim Brown, recently said he wants to support Kaepernick, but he cannot stand behind disrespecting the American flag and national anthem.

I myself leave during the national anthem to go to the restroom. the american sheep have been brainwashed to believe this is a free country when it is the most oppressed country in the world. when you got a government where we serve the government instead of it serving us like they are supposed to,then sorry its not a government worth preserving anymore and one i sure as hell wont get behind.why anybody else would is beyond me.

that is such propaganda words-the land of the free,bullshit.as i said,land of the oppressed.washington is run by nothing but a bunch of criminals who get away with crimes everyday we go to jail for. when you salute the flag,you are saluting all these criminal organizations such as the FBI,CIA,and IRS.America was doing just fine before all these corrupt agencys took over and ran the country and took control for the people.

people like kapernick and others have the right idea in not satluting the flag,the corrupt government,they are just doing it for the wrong reason is all.

soon as the american people get off their asses and get rid of this criminal government and and these criminals in washington running the country,THEN i will salute the flag but i dont see that ever happening that they will ever do that.

Here is how:
21231273_10155713526643588_3377934989953016711_n.jpg

Make everyone stand for the Nat'l Anthem...close down the beer sales, the bathrooms, etc. Have the police walk up and down the aisles to make sure the fans are standing.

Make everyone stand for the Nat'l Anthem...close down the beer sales, the bathrooms, etc. Have the police walk up and down the aisles to make sure the fans are standing.

yeah lets all stand there like sheep and salute our corrupt government and sing those propaganda words LAND OF THE FREE that need to say instead LAND OF THE OPPRESSED.lets all do that now.:thup::clap::clap:

Equality is a myth.

damn straight. It took all the way up to the 1990's when Al Davis hired Art Shell the first black coach in the NFL to ever coach, and guess how many black owners there are in the NFL? ZERO,ZILCH,NATA.

No racial equality in sports my ass.

I used to love the NFL obviously-look at my user name,no more.I wont give them a dime,I have turned to COLLEGE football.fuck the NFL.too bad every sports fan wont follow my lead.i have had it with that corrupt organization.Its a cartel.

go UCLA.

Fuck the NFL, stopped following or caring anything about it decades ago. Don't watch, won't support.

Fuck the NFL, stopped following or caring anything about it decades ago. Don't watch, won't support.

wow DECADES ago? I stopped when they let the Rams leave LA for that small no name hicktown stank louis. the NFL became a complete and total sick joke after that letting a team that played in the second biggest media market to leave for a no name hicktown in stank louis.,what a sad joke the NFL became then and has become even more so since then allowing the cheatriots to get away with scandal after scandal going unpunished that other teams would never get away with and now the chargers bolting for LA and the raiders on the verge of going to vegas.the NFL has became a sick joke.

Letting the Rams leave LA,thats like the dallas cowboys or green bay packers leavig dallas or green bay for orlando florida.how the NFL gets away with crime after crime like they do is sick. all these criminal acts they engage in are NEVER tolerated in college football.

thats why ihave switched to it and am now a UCLA fan.

I turn the channel until they're ready to kick off.

Equality is a myth.

damn straight. It took all the way up to the 1990's when Al Davis hired Art Shell the first black coach in the NFL to ever coach, and guess how many black owners there are in the NFL? ZERO,ZILCH,NATA.

I used to love the NFL obviously-look at my user name,no more.I wont give them a dime,I have turned to COLLEGE football.fuck the NFL.too bad every sports fan wont follow my lead.i have had it with that corrupt organization.Its a cartel.

go UCLA.

If all races are equal then why do black people excel at sports?

wow DECADES ago? I stopped when they let the Rams leave LA for that small no name hicktown stank louis. the NFL became a complete and total sick joke after that letting a team that played in the second biggest media market to leave for a no name hicktown in stank louis.,what a sad joke the NFL became then and has become even more so since then allowing the cheatriots to get away with scandal after scandal going unpunished that other teams would never get away with and now the chargers bolting for LA and the raiders on the verge of going to vegas.the NFL has became a sick joke.

Letting the Rams leave LA,thats like the dallas cowboys or green bay packers leavig dallas or green bay for orlando florida.how the NFL gets away with crime after crime like they do is sick. all these criminal acts they engage in are NEVER tolerated in college football.

Cardinals belonged in St Louis anyway.

Equality is a myth.

go UCLA.

Thought that was settled, white men can't jump.

Equality is a myth.

go UCLA.

Civilization building is the white man's forte.

Equality is a myth.

go UCLA.

Pffffffffffffffffffft, you mean colonization? Fuck that.

Equality is a myth.

go UCLA.

Pffffffffffffffffffft, you mean colonization? Fuck that.

oh yeah I forgot. dey wuz kangs

Equality is a myth.

go UCLA.

They excel in hockey? In Lacross? In rugby?

Equality is a myth.

go UCLA.

They excel in hockey? In Lacross? In rugby?

You're only proving my point.

Equality is a myth.

go UCLA.

there you have it.:D

Cardinals belonged in St Louis anyway.

yeah its just as much an equal joke that they are allowed to play in arizona and call themselves the cardinals the fact those birds dont even migrate there.:rolleyes:

thats what is equally as stupid about the raiders even thinking to go to vegas,do the NFL owners even realise that raiders are pirates that come in by ship by an OCEAN? last time i checked,vegas was a desert.:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back