NFL Wild card weekend

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
so the Texans, their #1 QB is out, down to 3rd stringer...ripe for a wildcard upset. But, its Cincy soooooo:eusa_whistle:

Lions @ NO.... mail it in. Brees will make it work, lots of points, but Detroit has had several travel agents busy booking vacations for next week in the warmer climes....so thats that.

Tebow time vs. Pitt... :badgrin:

somehow I don't think so, Tim will have a come to Jesus moment:eusa_hand:

Atl and the Giants? *sigh*..don't care, I'll take atl just because....

:badgrin: the cincy QB didn't play the bball...a lineman bats it down and scoops it in and the QB looks at the referee like hey , then sees the guy running to the end zone, TD too late....play the ball rookie, always.

That was a great int, and it was a d lineman that snatched it out of the air! Then he gets the sack to end the half, too!

Still, close game as expected. I still wonder if Yates can do enough offensively to keep Houston ahead. He's been up and down in his starts.

JJ Watts is 'Da Man'....what a great interception.

I played defensive tackle a gazillion years ago. That interception is every linemans wet dream.

Last edited:
My picks this weekend were

Houston
New Orleans
Atlanta
Pittsburgh

That's bad news for fans of these teams because I'm awful at picking winners.

agree with all except Atlanta I'm picking the Giants !

Houston
New Orleans
Atlanta
Pittsburgh

you know, no one, and I mean no one expects Denver to win even if they are at home, that doesn't have the advantage it used to, but, when everyone is selling...what do you do?:eusa_whistle:

Fantastic defensive effort by the Texans. With their run game, if the defense plays this strongly, they are dangerous. Yates, while not spectacular, made enough plays and protected the ball.

It will be interesting to see how well the Texans can run against the Ravens.

That's my first wrong pick this weekend, which will be next? :lol:

Fantastic defensive effort by the Texans. With their run game, if the defense plays this strongly, they are dangerous. Yates, while not spectacular, made enough plays and protected the ball.

It will be interesting to see how well the Texans can run against the Ravens.

That's my first wrong pick this weekend, which will be next? :lol:

That was a good game.

Now lets see how the Saints do.

Houston
New Orleans
Atlanta
Pittsburgh

you know, no one, and I mean no one expects Denver to win even if they are at home, that doesn't have the advantage it used to, but, when everyone is selling...what do you do?:eusa_whistle:

I'd take Pittsburgh to win but Denver to cover. They are a 9 point dog. That's too much.

well if the lions lose by less than 7, the umpire cost them a TD, horrible. the referee threw a bean bag on that brees pass=fumble,letting the play roll, the umpire 20 yards away blows the whistle shortly thereafter Detroit recovers, and starts to run free and clear to the end zone the dumbshit.

Houston
New Orleans
Atlanta
Pittsburgh

I'd take Pittsburgh to win but Denver to cover. They are a 9 point dog. That's too much.

The only thing that makes that spread too much is the injuries in Pitt. If Big Ben were 100% I'd say 9 might not be enough. Denver really has looked like the worst team to make the playoffs.

Surprising first half in the Saints - Lions game. Turnovers are pretty much the only thing stopping the Saints so far. Can the Lions get more in the second half, or can they go score-for-score to maintain their lead? I'm still expecting the Saints to pull it out.

the lions were done in by lack of a pass rush and lack of tackling skills. they are a pretty good team, but they need to bear down on the basics. and that last pass for an INT by Stafford, just heaving it up there, well, I think maybe they should have worked a bit harder, made some simpler passes before going for the home run...

the lions were done in by lack of a pass rush and lack of tackling skills. they are a pretty good team, but they need to bear down on the basics. and that last pass for an INT by Stafford, just heaving it up there, well, I think maybe they should have worked a bit harder, made some simpler passes before going for the home run...

NO has 3 probowlers on their OL, plus they use RBs and TEs on the wings to chip people before going out for a pass. Their pass pro is as good as it gets. What bothered me was the poor tackling against the Saints' RBs, particularly Thomas. Plus, the Lions had 2 or 3 shots at an intercept, which they didn't get. And of course the obligatory blown coverages that gave the Saints an easy TD. Kudos to NO, the best team won.

Forum List

Back