NFL Weeek 6

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
wow the Titans took down the Steelers? man oh man....:lol:

premiere match up today, Giants at Niners....I see the Niners getting some measure of revenge...

the rest are ho hum games imho...

Surprisingly good Vikes play the surprisingly good 'Skins.

No running game Green Bush will be playing bombs away in Houston, to try and get off the schneid.

Speaking of bombs away, the scoreboard should be going like a pinball machine as Denver comes to San Diego, in what is certain to be a QB huck-a-thon.

premiere match up today, Giants at Niners....I see the Niners getting some measure of revenge...

yeah, yeah...the Steelers are cursed. Three seasons in a row they have been racked by injuries at the start of the year. Five starters and two 2nd string players...pretty soon we will have to do what we did last year and sign on a couple walk ons just to have enough players.

Steelers loss not really a surprise when you consider that they having an aging defense (ranked 4th oldest in the league) and had to play with only 3 days rest.

Giants hitting full stride now, controlling most of the game, embarrasing the Niners at home. Niners fans should take heart tho'; at least they are not Houston fans.......:lol:.

Wow, the Giants really beat the shit out of the Niners. Smith played like the QB from a few years ago, the defense looked average rather than dominant, the playcalling was pretty sad....

harbaugh2-e1339699599451.jpg

The Pats lost another very close game to an NFC West team. The Cards couldn't beat the Bills. Philly found a way to lose to the Lions. The Falcons are the last unbeaten team, although they haven't been exactly overpowering in their last two wins. The Vikings were looking good, then couldn't contain the Skins. RGIII got me a ton of points in the USMB fantasy league. :lol:

Injuries, injuries, injuries.....are the Jets technically in first place in their division? I do believe they are.....there hasn't been a lot of consistency this season, at least not of the good kind. It's been hard to pick games!

Wow, the Giants really beat the shit out of the Niners. Smith played like the QB from a few years ago, the defense looked average rather than dominant, the playcalling was pretty sad....

The Pats lost another very close game to an NFC West team. The Cards couldn't beat the Bills. Philly found a way to lose to the Lions. The Falcons are the last unbeaten team, although they haven't been exactly overpowering in their last two wins. The Vikings were looking good, then couldn't contain the Skins. RGIII got me a ton of points in the USMB fantasy league. :lol:

Injuries, injuries, injuries.....are the Jets technically in first place in their division? I do believe they are.....there hasn't been a lot of consistency this season, at least not of the good kind. It's been hard to pick games!

agreed, he was all over the place, I said same to my wife, its like Alex regressed.....the giants are not ranked high in pass defense either, well they weren't till yesterday :lol:

The Vikings were looking good, then couldn't contain the Skins. RGIII got me a ton of points in the USMB fantasy league.
It certainly helps when the opposing team makes three trips to the red zone in their first three possessions and only comes away with nine points.

What I want to know is the identity of the imposter who was wearing Shonn Greene's uniform yesterday.

Only two teams have a winning record in the AFC. Only nine teams with a winning record and 11 teams are at 3-3.

Atlanta is the last undefeated.

One entire division is 3-3.

Very crazy season.

I was not expecting the Giants to win that big....but they were coming off a no-contest against the Brownse r, so they had more time to focus their game plan on the Niners.

This week, they won't have thatbluxury. But they are playing the Skins.....who also had a tough matchup on Sunday. No game plan prep advantage for either team.

The Vikings were looking good, then couldn't contain the Skins. RGIII got me a ton of points in the USMB fantasy league.
It certainly helps when the opposing team makes three trips to the red zone in their first three possessions and only comes away with nine points.

What I want to know is the identity of the imposter who was wearing Shonn Greene's uniform yesterday.

Seriously, who saw that Greene game coming? I, in fact, just dropped him from the one fantasy league I owned him this past week. :tongue: I do know he was started in at least one league I play in, but I have no idea why; before this game Greene averaged about half a step and a fumble a game. :lol:

Under the Eagles ex-defensive coordinator Juan Castillo (I say ex- cause he just got fired!), we have blown 7 leads out of our last 22 games. But thats what happens when you appoint an offensive line coordinator as your defensive coordinator. That totally defines dumb. Can't believe Castillo was even brought back for this season to begin with.
Before Castillo, teams were petrified to play against our defense for years to the point that it was a Philly tradition! Not anymore.
Andy Reids' fat ass is now on the hot seat because I'm sure Eagles' owner Jeff Lurie was behind Castillos' firing; as Andy Reid is loyal to his coaches and players to a fault while weeks ago Lurie had to correct Reids agent who blabbed to the press that Reid has the coaching job for life.
Eagles need to re-establish our defensive tradition!!!

Under the Eagles ex-defensive coordinator Juan Castillo (I say ex- cause he just got fired!), we have blown 7 leads out of our last 22 games. But thats what happens when you appoint an offensive line coordinator as your defensive coordinator. That totally defines dumb. Can't believe Castillo was even brought back for this season to begin with.
Before Castillo, teams were petrified to play against our defense for years to the point that it was a Philly tradition! Not anymore.
Andy Reids' fat ass is now on the hot seat because I'm sure Eagles' owner Jeff Lurie was behind Castillos' firing; as Andy Reid is loyal to his coaches and players to a fault while weeks ago Lurie had to correct Reids agent who blabbed to the press that Reid has the coaching job for life.
Eagles need to re-establish our defensive tradition!!!

Definitely, as long as the Eagles offense remains as poor as it has been, they need better D. With all their weapons, you'd think they could score some more; I don't know how much of it is playcalling, how much offensive line play, Vick's poor decisions, or maybe having too many speedsters but not enough power (particularly at WR). McCoy is a great back, they obviously have speed at the outside, they should be able to put up better numbers.

Their D has played pretty well overall, I think, but the late game breakdowns have to be disheartening as hell. I'm not a Reid hater, I think he's had pretty damn good success in Philly, but I can see how all the years of almost-there status and the circus of the past couple of years would put his job in jeopardy.

hes been there since 1999...

Career record 129-82-1 (Regular Season)
10-9 (Postseason)
139-91-1 (Overall)
Championships won NFC crown 2004
Super Bowls- zip. 1 appearance

Castillo was a scapegoat, I think Reid has had his chance, its time for some new blood.

Forum List

Back