CDZ NFL, Trump, Standing, Kneeling and Protesting

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Well it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

We have a President calling out people who are peacefully speaking their minds.

We have a sports league full of people who run their heads into eachother speaking for America and not doing very poorly.

We have white people watching a mostly black league.

17 Captivating NFL Fans Demographics | BrandonGaille.com

70 Percent Of NFL Players Are Black Men. Colin Kaepernick Should Be Praised, Not Condemned | HuffPost

The trend is against the NFL so Trump may have picked a good time for a fight. He may be able to claim victory a decade from now if the negative press with concussions and all makes football turn into boxing.

NASCAR threatening to fire people who protest respectfully does not surprise me. If I recall my trips to Gateway International with passes for the big events there is either racism in the ranks or black folks can't turn wrenches......Interesting....I remember more scantily clad females than black folks....

How do you all think it will go down?

Free speech is an individual right, not a license to turn your workplace into a political protest. If these players want to make a political statement, why don't they buy there own advertising on TV and do it on their own time?

Free speech is an individual right, not a license to turn your workplace into a political protest. If these players want to make a political statement, why don't they buy there own advertising on TV and do it on their own time?

That would be fair.

I'll argue this national anthem worship before games is a form of free speech so the "show producers" have crossed the line already and made it a political venue.

Once a Priest started making political statements during his sermon in front of me. In my mind that changed it from a sermon to a town hall where I was allowed to ask questions.

They no longer get paid millions of tax dollars by the military to sing the national anthem, so it ain't their job!

I'm sick of all the police & military worshiping! Most are covering for their fellow thugs in uniform. They steal over $6,000 a year from every home in the USA! Criminals have never taken close to that much. Soldiers & police jobs are safer than those that put food on your table & a roof over your head. They aren't even a top 10 dangerous jobs. Hell cab drivers get shot more than police & soldiers! Fuckin soldiers go overseas for a few months & then sponge off us hard working citizens for life! They GET FREE SHIT EVERYWHERE! They don't pay taxes, get free healthcare, education, pensions & cheap loans, insurance & food just to name a few! It's time for me to stop saying the pledge & anthem & start flipping the bird!

I'm sick of all the police & military worshiping! Most are covering for their fellow thugs in uniform. They steal over $6,000 a year from every home in the USA! Criminals have never taken close to that much. Soldiers & police jobs are safer than those that put food on your table & a roof over your head. They aren't even a top 10 dangerous jobs. Hell cab drivers get shot more than police & soldiers! Fuckin soldiers go overseas for a few months & then sponge off us hard working citizens for life! They GET FREE SHIT EVERYWHERE! They don't pay taxes, get free healthcare, education, pensions & cheap loans, insurance & food just to name a few! It's time for me to stop saying the pledge & anthem & start flipping the bird!

Calm down, CDZ, or I just don't want you to have a heart attack thinking about this. If your responses are all going to be cussing and bold faced !'s I think its best we talk about Jimmy Buffet or something soothing.

I agree the first responder and military worship after 9/11 went a too far. I also think the distrust of police is going a bit too far right now. The truth frequently lies in the middle.

Signing up to be a cop means you have to respond to domestic disturbances. Being a cop means when a I get home and find a door busted open I call 911 and YOU the cop sweep my house clean.

Police are not infallible. After working around police I feel the job attracts a number of follows with "little man" syndrome (little man syndrome - Google Search ). Plus a number of other quirky personality types to say the least.

Still though, even railroad cops are out there dealing with lets face it, dangerous people, every day so you and me don't have to.

Also, police are generally pretty well trained in keeping themselves alive, don't hold it against them for not being the most killed profession or whatever metric is best used.

Or, perhaps when you are a bit older and out on your own, you might find yourself needing a cop.

Should we assume you will be flipping them the bird when they show up to help?

After working around police I feel the job attracts a number of follows with "little man" syndrome
That's definitely something that should be screened for in the interview and "on boarding" process for employment as a cop.

The problem confounding the American constabulary is the same one that John Glenn alluded to when he said:

"I felt exactly how you would feel if you were getting ready to launch and knew you were sitting on top of 2 million parts -- all built by the lowest bidder on a government contract."​

For many government jobs, certainly for cops, we'd get far higher caliber individuals [1] were we not so universally preoccupied with governance on the cheap, as it were.

One may or may not get what one pays for; however, one nearly never gets what one does not pay for.
-- Did someone else say that before me? I don't know.​

Note:
  1. Overall...obviously some cops are persons of high caliber. Part of the problem, of course, is also that cops of such bearing get promoted away from roles as "beat cops."

I cannot help but wonder how different policing would be were the career path for cops (1) low grade administrative roles, (2) "beat" policing, and then (3) senior administrative roles.

Forum List

Back