NFL to ban cheerleaders?

I have never understood cheerleading, especially at the professional level. Does anyone really think that they increase the enthusiasm of the patrons who have already paid to get in? It is preposterous.

The only reason schools have cheerleaders is because it has become just another extracurricular "sport" that girls can do and not get hurt. And it helps the Title IX statistics.

But on the professional level...hell, you can't even SEE them at a football game.

They shouldn't be banned; I mean, who really gives a shit, but I have no idea why teams feel it necessary to have them.

Saw a lot of Laker games back when I lived in SoCal - You'll pry The Laker Girls from my cold dead hands :)

laker-girls-49.jpg

The USA Today’s sports columnist is calling for cheerleaders in all sports to be BANNED.

Is anything safe from these joyless puritans?

What’s next? Vegas showgirls? Burlesque dancers? How about just banning models altogether?

NFL to Ban Cheerleaders?
----------------------------------------

Yep Paul nails it, can you imagine them cheerleading in a hijab omg the irony.

False equivalency, because male strippers and male models do exist, but I'm not aware of male cheerleaders in women's sports.

There are male cheerleaders in the NFL

Los Angeles Rams' male cheerleaders make NFL history

I'm pretty sure they have had male cheerleaders in college football for decades, they do acrobatics with the female cheerleaders and whatnot.

My point was if there are any female sports that have strictly male cheerleaders. I'm not even sure I've seen cheerleaders in women's sports in general, not that I'd be too surprised if they exist.

Forum List

Back