NFL raitings down

The Eagles and Bears are garbage

Next time try reading the link. The league has seen a drop in raitings for all 7 of the prime time games aired this year.
The prime time games have been garbage. All of them. They've had garbage teams, teams without quarterbacks, blowouts...

There's only a couple decent Sunday night games all season. Not a lot of good storylines this year for some reason.

First

Next time try reading the link. The league has seen a drop in raitings for all 7 of the prime time games aired this year.
The prime time games have been garbage. All of them. They've had garbage teams, teams without quarterbacks, blowouts...

There's only a couple decent Sunday night games all season. Not a lot of good storylines this year for some reason.

What about the first Thursday night game? You know the rematch of last years' SB.
In the SB the Broncos had one of the greatest players in NFL history playing QB. Who the hell is going to stay up on a work night to watch the Broncos with a no name quarterback?

First

What about the first Thursday night game? You know the rematch of last years' SB.
In the SB the Broncos had one of the greatest players in NFL history playing QB. Who the hell is going to stay up on a work night to watch the Broncos with a no name quarterback?

Dude I know we're talking football but no need to keep moving the goalposts. Bottom line is they're two of the best teams in the NFL and less people watched this year than last.
Because there was no storyline. The Broncos had no QB. Nobody cared.
I dont know, I like watching the new kids.....and the new New England rookie QB was doing hell of a job......guy was crushing Miami instantly while Russel Wilson couldnt figure them out
If Gronk and Brady were playing way more people would have been watching. As for Russell Wilson, I think he's totally suspect as a QB. His success is due more to the rest of the team than what he's done. I think his contract was a mistake.

First

Dude I know we're talking football but no need to keep moving the goalposts. Bottom line is they're two of the best teams in the NFL and less people watched this year than last.

That's your bullshit explaintion. The truth is a lot of people were turned off by what some of these players did. You're wrong, there are still some people out there that get upset when their country is being disrespected.
So in your opinion Peyton Manning does nothing for ratings. There you go folks, Rocko's opinions need to be taken with a most gigantic grain of salt apparently.

First

That's your bullshit explaintion. The truth is a lot of people were turned off by what some of these players did. You're wrong, there are still some people out there that get upset when their country is being disrespected.
So in your opinion Peyton Manning does nothing for ratings. There you go folks, Rocko's opinions need to be taken with a most gigantic grain of salt apparently.

Payton was horrible last year. People didn't watch the broncos last year because of him. No one wanted him to come back this year. It's interesting how you refuse to believe the controversy played no role in the drop in raitings. Why is that?

Payton was horrible last year. People didn't watch the broncos last year because of him. No one wanted him to come back this year. It's interesting how you refuse to believe the controversy played no role in the drop in raitings. Why is that?
Wow you think nobody wanted to watch one of the greatest QB's in history last season? That's dumb.

Anyways please comment on my post about week 2's Monday night football ratings.

I wonder if progressives would be cool with players protesting Obama or Hillary during game time. Or what if one decides to protest abortion?

Game time isn't the place for anyone to protest. They are employees doing a job, in a uniform even. The owners should be firing these idiots. When was the last time you protested at work? So in effect these owners that allow this to happen are actually paying these turds to protest. If I was an owner I'd tell my players they can protest all they want on their own time, when they are in uniform or at work, and cause such a distraction, you're fired.

Wow you think nobody wanted to watch one of the greatest QB's in history last season? That's dumb.

Why would anyone want to see an old, broken down Peyton manning play?

As far as MNF is concerned, it could be a variety of reasons for the viewship decline, but this conversation isn't limited to MNF, is it?

I wonder if progressives would be cool with players protesting Obama or Hillary during game time. Or what if one decides to protest abortion?

Game time isn't the place for anyone to protest. They are employees doing a job, in a uniform even. The owners should be firing these idiots. When was the last time you protested at work? So in effect these owners that allow this to happen are actually paying these turds to protest. If I was an owner I'd tell my players they can protest all they want on their own time, when they are in uniform or at work, and cause such a distraction, you're fired.

^^^^^ couldn't have said it better myself

Why would anyone want to see an old, broken down Peyton manning play?

As far as MNF is concerned, it could be a variety of reasons for the viewship decline, but this conversation isn't limited to MNF, is it?
Alright so 3 of your 7 "prime time" game's rating's declines cannot be attributed to players kneeling. So we have 4 left.

Broncos vs. Panthers: Panthers are a small market team, and nobody expected the Broncos to do anything this year.

Patriots vs. Cardinals: the Patriots did not have the only 2 players on their teams that anybody cares about. And the Cardinals are a small market.

Jets vs. Bills: absolute garbage.

Packers vs. Vikings: 2 small market teams, one without a QB.

As for me, I don't watch football except for the Superbowl. But I will do my part and boycott that.

NFL team owners threatened many players with fines when they wanted to do memorials to murdered police officers and 9/11 memorials, but then allowed vermin to wear socks promoting police murders and make a big show of refusing to honor our flags at their games, so yeah, they're going to lose a big chunk of their audience now, and deservedly so.

Thought he was retired. Did I miss something? Between work and family I miss so much football news.

Monday Night Football isn't what it used to be. The key matchup in now on Sunday nights. Every team whether they are good or bad gets Monday's now which can make for some boring matchhups (Monday featured a rookie QB vs Jay Cutler. Not a match made in heaven). Not to mention the broadcast isn't as good with Mike Tirico now gone. Add in Football now on Thursday nights and it's overload of the NFL. As great as the NFL is even they have not learned when too much is too much. To the point of the thread, it certainly doesn't help viewership when 3 Eagles players are displaying the black power sign during the anthem.

Regardless of the anthem politics, there's just to much football during the week. I watched my team at 1pm Sunday, then they have the Sunday Night, Monday Night and Thursday Night games. The drawl of the NFL for me is it's not baseball with games every night. I don't have that kind of time. So I watch my game and then maybe the one of the nationally televised games. I think that's really why viewership is down.

Last edited:
GOOD , maybe grown men will start thinking about where the country is headed rather than sitting on their azzez watching a buncha criminals chase a stupid ball .
-------------------------- yep , sitting around watching the 'national felons league' thats full of rapist , drug users, criminals that chase a ball around on a field . I hope that professional football , all pro sports suffers a lack of business and goes down the tubes .

and now it turns out that these 'nfl'ers' are also a buncha unpatriotic subversives so that good for me and others to see .

Well the problem is, the schedule is made way in advance, before anyone has any idea if players are going to get hurt, who's going to retire, and who's going to playing well. They also "try" to include teams from each market in some kind of prime time game throughout the year to include exposure. Who wants to see the Patriots play every Thursday, Sunday, or Monday night? It used to be the Cowboys and 49ers played in every prime time game of the year. That got old.

Now the national anthem protest is turning people off of the NFL, even if it's a game where a player isn't protesting because Kaeperdick has put a stereotype on the entire NFL, especially for the casual viewer.

Another thing that is turning fans off, which I mentioned in my own thread, is a lack of integrity in the NFL. The officiating is horrendous. They are constantly talking about protecting the players, but it seems they only do so for certain teams. They talk about how they want to use replay to get the calls on the field right, yet in some cases, cases that can be the deciding factor in the game, they can't even get the call right using slow motion from multiple angles.

It's just a shame, I've grown up my whole life either watching or playing football and it is a part of me. It pisses me off that I want to stop watching it at this point as a sign of protest against the direction the game is going, but it is so ingrained in me that it's an addiction I can't kick.

Forum List

Back