NFL: Eagles / Patriots Superbowl

Still waiting to hear what the deal was with Malcolm Butler
His replacements were stinking too bad for it to be a tactical decision

Butler must have really screwed the pooch for his coaches to be that pissed at him. Given they didn't tell him or Rowe about the decision until game time, it must have been something that happened the night before and they found out about it on Sunday

That puzzles me also, I mean the NE secondary was getting burned all night and I was surprised that they didn’t play him at all, he couldn’t have screwed up any worse than any other cornerback.

LeBron is still awesome too but he too is getting old and the young guys are hungry.

Atlanta, look at the eagles. That could have been you last year

Lebron is only 33 he has another 6-7 years if he wants.
With all those playoffs he’s played a lot of basketball.

He needs to play with an already good team now to win. He used to be able to make any team a finals team.

Or he’s taking this year off mentally

Do you think the reason McDaniels hasn’t taken the Colts job is because there is a possibility Bellichick is retiring? Just curious that McDaniels hasn’t confirmed the job that Indy has offered.

That is not as great a job as it may look
Mighty big shoes to fill....Like the guy who replaced Lombardi

He would be taking a team without Brady or Garapolo and anything less than Super Bowls would be a disappointment

Might be better with Luck

I agree, taking over a legend is never a good deal unless you can continue to win the Super Bowls, otherwise it is a two or three season gig. After Brady retires, they don’t have a QB to sustain the success. I think McDaniels should jump at the Indy opening.

George Seifert took over for Bill Walsh on the 49ers and didn't miss a beat

But he had Steve Young at QB

He needs to play with an already good team now to win. He used to be able to make any team a finals team.

Do you think the reason McDaniels hasn’t taken the Colts job is because there is a possibility Bellichick is retiring? Just curious that McDaniels hasn’t confirmed the job that Indy has offered.

He would be taking a team without Brady or Garapolo and anything less than Super Bowls would be a disappointment

I agree, taking over a legend is never a good deal unless you can continue to win the Super Bowls, otherwise it is a two or three season gig. After Brady retires, they don’t have a QB to sustain the success. I think McDaniels should jump at the Indy opening.

I forgot about Seifert, I always think of Bartow replacing Wooden. He went 52-9 in two season and a final four appearance, yet the pressure was intense that he left to become AD at Ala-Birmingham. Was replaced by Gary Cunningham that went 50-8 went to the finals both years and left to become AD at Western Oregon St.

The pressure is tough, the same will be for the person that replaces Bellichick.

Butler must have really screwed the pooch for his coaches to be that pissed at him. Given they didn't tell him or Rowe about the decision until game time, it must have been something that happened the night before and they found out about it on Sunday

That puzzles me also, I mean the NE secondary was getting burned all night and I was surprised that they didn’t play him at all, he couldn’t have screwed up any worse than any other cornerback.

I think the Pats are trying to keep the infraction in-house
Must have been pretty bad for them to sit him the entire game with him obviously being needed

Probably too much partying the night before the big game

And who knows maybe their good lineman linebackers d backs liked the organization and community and wanted to stick around.

If I’m a key part of a team like the lions andominum sue I leave the shitty lions and go to Miami.

Must have been pretty bad for them to sit him the entire game with him obviously being needed

Why did they not play him?

Nobody is talking

All they say is they wanted their best players on the field, didn't look that way

Nobody is talking

All they say is they wanted their best players on the field, didn't look that way
Wow! Have you ever played a sport for a Tirant and if you broke a rule that’s it, to teach you a lesson you’re not playing in the big game. And you can’t believe the coach is going to actually not play him. Even in the 4th quarter? Coach wanted to make a point. Fuck another Super Bowl. I bet coach wishes it worked out differently but he seems stubborn

So, we get to find out of the NFL is legit or not.

Here's my conspiracy theory:

If the Eagles win, it's likely the Patriots were asked if not to "throw" the game, to tone it down a bit, to ensure the Eagles win. Why?

What is more entertaining than watching David beat Goliath?

A team that has never won the Superbowl, beating the unbeatable?

With the NFL ratings in the toilet, they are in desperate need of a Cinderella story
View attachment 174950
5d-tinfoil-hat-jpg.174950

This is what the cheatriot apologists always do when confronted with pesky facts that the cheatriots are frauds and brady and belicheat are not that great as they want to believe.:2up:
You are as stupid as she appears to be. And I don't give two shits about the pats much less defend them but stupid is stupid.

If the Eagles win, it's likely the Patriots were asked if not to "throw" the game, to tone it down a bit, to ensure the Eagles win. Why?

With the NFL ratings in the toilet, they are in desperate need of a Cinderella story
Tom Brady is simply getting old.

He cannot elude the defense like he used to could.

He is finished.

The Pat's need new blood.

At 40 he just won league MVP

In the SB he passed for 505 yards and 3 TDs

Better numbers than when he was 30

Numbers and popularity "awards" are for the losers. I accept all of your vindication(s).

Repeat: QB is only as good as O-Line will allow. Big arm one-dimensional Brady lucky to be on a good team with good coach for many years. Cannot dial up a roll-out game plan, cannot change it up. Pressure Brady....he is Ron Jaworski in yoga pants.

Last edited:

Nobody is talking

Wow! Have you ever played a sport for a Tirant and if you broke a rule that’s it, to teach you a lesson you’re not playing in the big game. And you can’t believe the coach is going to actually not play him. Even in the 4th quarter? Coach wanted to make a point. Fuck another Super Bowl. I bet coach wishes it worked out differently but he seems stubborn
I totally agree

Butler playing the "I didn't do nothing" card and claiming he is being picked on doesn't cut it
He apparently had a major infraction the night before.

Tom Brady is simply getting old.

He cannot elude the defense like he used to could.

He is finished.

The Pat's need new blood.

At 40 he just won league MVP

In the SB he passed for 505 yards and 3 TDs

Better numbers than when he was 30

Numbers and popularity "awards" are for the losers. I accept all of your vidication(s).

Repeat: QB is only as good as O-Line will allow. Big arm one-dimensional Brady lucky to be on a good team with good coach for many years. Cannot dial up a roll-out game plan, cannot change it up. Pressure Brady....he is Ron Jaworski in yoga pants.
Brady has always been a pocket passer. Never known for his running
31 other QBs in the league and Brady was MVP
If you think any other was more valuable, let's hear it

Nobody is talking

I totally agree

Butler playing the "I didn't do nothing" card and claiming he is being picked on doesn't cut it

I agree, Bellichick is a no nonsense coach and would not just bench a guy for no real reason. He would have a better chance to win had he played Butler. I’m not buying what either Bellichick or Butler are selling.

Nobody is talking

One starting RB on CIN went out on the night before SB and got so coked up he could not even show up. Stanley???? Bengals lost to SF, I think.

At least that guy was on the sidelines in a helmet.

Nobody is talking

I totally agree

I agree, Bellichick is a no nonsense coach and would not just bench a guy for no real reason. He would have a better chance to win had he played Butler. I’m not buying what either Bellichick or Butler are selling.
He was benched minutes before the game started
Sounds like extra curricular activities the night before that the staff just found out about

Nobody is talking

I totally agree

Whatever Butler did, the Pats would have had a better chance of winning WITH him, so whatever happened, Belichick bit off his own nose to spite his face, and I bet he knows that now.

Nobody is talking

I totally agree

He was benched minutes before the game started
Sounds like extra curricular activities the night before that the staff just found out about

I thought it was odd that Butler was crying during the anthem. So you sound spot on.

Nobody is talking

One starting RB on CIN went out on the night before SB and got so coked up he could not even show up. Stanley???? Bengals lost to SF, I think.

At least that guy was on the sidelines in a helmet.

Hard fall for man who had it all

Forum List

Back