NFL: Eagles / Patriots Superbowl

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
So, we get to find out of the NFL is legit or not.

Here's my conspiracy theory:

If the Eagles win, it's likely the Patriots were asked if not to "throw" the game, to tone it down a bit, to ensure the Eagles win. Why?

What is more entertaining than watching David beat Goliath?

A team that has never won the Superbowl, beating the unbeatable?

With the NFL ratings in the toilet, they are in desperate need of a Cinderella story

The Cinderella story ended when the Vikings turned into a pumpkin. Now you have a choice to root for Filthydelphia, whose fans booed Santa Claus and are generally considered to be scum of the earth, or the Cheatriots in their millionth SB.

The Cinderella story ended when the Vikings turned into a pumpkin. Now you have a choice to root for Filthydelphia, whose fans booed Santa Claus and are generally considered to be scum of the earth, or the Cheatriots in their millionth SB.
The Eagles and their fans are all filth.

Never thought I'd say this, but go Pats!

If Foles plays the way he did yesterday, the Pats are going home unhappy.

If the Eagles win, it's likely the Patriots were asked if not to "throw" the game, to tone it down a bit, to ensure the Eagles win. Why?

With the NFL ratings in the toilet, they are in desperate need of a Cinderella story

The last time Eagles and Pats played, 12/6/15, the Eagles won,and they are a better team today if Foles plays the way he did yesterday.

Brady is good but has benefited greatly from NFL rule changes. He can't move around and throw like Montana, Wilson, Brees or other past great ones.

JVILLE ..... the better "team" lost that game. The JVILLE coach not quite up to that top level?

That will hurt for many years down there in FLA. they may doubt that coach forever? Buffalo dumped him for less than this loss.

ATL stll in recovery from an even worse SB loss.

Last edited:

The Pats D won’t choke like the Vikings’ did

They didn't choke, they were just outplayed.

Don't think it was a choke so much as Zimmer going way too conservative. They hardly blitzed at all - Foles had all day to throw. They should have blitzed the fuck out of him. They looked so lethargic, it probably wouldn't have made much difference though.

Don't think it was a choke so much as Zimmer going way too conservative. They hardly blitzed at all - Foles had all day to throw. They should have blitzed the fuck out of him. They looked so lethargic, it probably wouldn't have made much difference though.
Foles only held the ball on a few plays. On most plays, he did what Brady does to discourage blitzes, he released the ball very quickly.

In addition, the Eagles have a strong running attack, so a blitz is likely to give up a long run. The Vikings were simply outplayed by a better team. On those few occasions when Foles did hold the ball, he showed the same kind of situation awareness Brady does and was able to move around in the pocket to avoid sacks. If Foles plays the same way he did yesterday, it should be a very good game.

Foles only held the ball on a few plays. On most plays, he did what Brady does to discourage blitzes, he released the ball very quickly.

In addition, the Eagles have a strong running attack, so a blitz is likely to give up a long run. The Vikings were simply outplayed by a better team. On those few occasions when Foles did hold the ball, he showed the same kind of situation awareness Brady does and was able to move around in the pocket to avoid sacks. If Foles plays the same way he did yesterday, it should be a very good game.
Well, in the end, it's only entertainment. Hopefully it is a good game until the inevitable Pat victory.

Well, in the end, it's only entertainment. Hopefully it is a good game until the inevitable Pat victory.
That's what they were saying about the Falcons and the Vikings.

Was MINN a bit off because they knew they only got through on a Miracle? a bone headed play on the last play of the game? However, TENN won more games after their Music City Miracle playoff win. So other teams did not fall apart? Maybe PHI is really good?

NO was better IMVHO. MINN could not stop them late. NO could score and had the game locked up.

That's what they were saying about the Falcons and the Vikings.
Thank you for bringing up such a painful subject.
why-dont-you-give-me-a-papercut-and-pour-lemon-juice-on-it.jpg

Hey, we are the most knowledgeable fans in all of sport. :eusa_snooty:

Plus, we also snowball-barraged the Dullass Cowgirls so we're not all bad. :badgrin:

Plus, we also snowball-barraged the Dullass Cowgirls so we're not all bad. :badgrin:
Oh, well I suppose that's a point in your favor. And you did beat the Fudgepackers in your last championship, so that's another point in your favor.

Oh, well I suppose that's a point in your favor. And you did beat the Fudgepackers in your last championship, so that's another point in your favor.

"Fudgepackers" --- hadn't heard that. Actually I think fudge is popular up there.

Given this point it occurs to me that if we could beat Vince Lombardi then we can beat Bill Belicik (sp?).

"Fudgepackers" --- hadn't heard that. Actually I think fudge is popular up there.

Given this point it occurs to me that if we could beat Vince Lombardi then we can beat Bill Belicik (sp?).
Maybe you can get Fletcher Cox to sack Brady and lay on him until the clock runs out - like Bednarik on Bart Starr.

Forum List

Back